IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lowering springs estimate ir ridic...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-14, 02:18 PM
8jml8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Lowering springs estimate ir ridic...

i just got estimated for lowering springs, well i didnt get quoted. This is what happened. I got in an accidentand was having my car repaired. they did all the body work and i asked the OWNER if he would do the lowering springs while he had them in the shop, and he said sure no problem. Didnt quote me or anything. So they have had the car for 2 weeks now doing the repairs from the accident, and i called today to see when the car was done and while i was on the phone, i asked how much it would be, they came back with a quote of 7 hours ($90 an hour) and an alignment for $89. i said that was ridiculous, and they came back after 3 lowered quotes to $530. The OWNER never told me how much it would be and also they started the work so i couldnt even tell them to stop. NEVER will bring them any work. How dare they do this.
Old 02-10-14, 02:34 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that they are chraging you, but I am sure the shop assumed that you are going to pay for it, as there was no conversation about doing it for free. Shops usually will not do things for free unless is has been explicitly stated they would do for no charge.

Same kind of thing happened to me a while back with getting tints put on. I called a shop to schedule an appointment to have tints put on and said what I wanted (was a cheaper kind since I would only have the car a year), and they siad ok. Went in for my appointment and asked them about (only asked) Huper Optic since this is around the time it was just gettin popular. He told me what it was and that was that. I come back to pay and he says $700! WTH! My tints was only supposed to be $150. He argued with me saying I asked about Huper Optic, so to him that was me wanting it put on! After going back and forth, I agreed to pay $350 for it just to get out of there. In the end I got a good deal, but it isn't what I wanted or asked for and he just assumed I was going to pay.

It just goes to show that you need to make sure it is well known what you want or what they are going to charge for ahead of time.