Snowbeast has found her home...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 03:51 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Snowbeast has found her home...

...in the snow!

Ok, it's not a real snow storm and it doesn't pop as much as USB in an Ice Storm and I'm not really one to start threads for myself.

But I'm such a horrible photographer that I actually felt like I took some pics worth sharing ...well outside of the main pic thread. Besides all the other colors have their own thread, white needs some love too, yes?

Except for the first two pics, these are bigger than the standard 900px size I normally go with. If this was a stupid idea to create my own thread ...or if you actually enjoyed this lemme know.

Attached Thumbnails Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast20.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast21.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast17.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast18.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast19.png  

Old 02-06-14, 03:58 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Including a couple extra pics to complete the mood. The one pic you may be wondering why I included but the snowboarder in me wanted to see the mountains up close.

Attached Thumbnails Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast22.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-2014_snowday00.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-2014_snowday01.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast23.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast24.png  

Old 02-06-14, 07:46 AM
MCSCOTT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...nice pics...thanks...I am thinking about getting a 2014 IS350 F Sport soon and I can't decide between the ultra white and the silver....any advice would be appreciated
Old 02-06-14, 08:36 AM
AMalick
Rookie

1) Silver Blends into the crowd, White stands out
2) Silver hides brake pad dust, white highlights the dust
Old 02-06-14, 08:48 AM
dirtyjohn
Driver School Candidate

Nice pics! What did you use to take them?
Old 02-06-14, 08:53 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Slust, appreciate the reference to my USB.

Snowbeast is so appropriate. Especially with the last two pics with dawn kicking in and the clouds hovering afar, your car looks ready, waiting to feast on its prey and of course they're all in hiding.

To MCSCOTT, I spent countless sleepless nights debating on color between U White, Obsidian, and USB. From other members' posts, U White appears to be of higher maintenance as it holds on to stains (like from armorall on the tires) more stubbornly than other colors, but it does pop more than silver. I was torn like you and I even opened some threads on color opinions and a poll. My advice, if you're torn, flip a coin because at the end of the day, the car's sleek lines is what makes the car smoking.
Old 02-06-14, 11:10 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL Slust. Can't believe you actually stood out in the storm/rain/snow to take the pic
Old 02-06-14, 09:58 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MCSCOTT
Wow...nice pics...thanks...I am thinking about getting a 2014 IS350 F Sport soon and I can't decide between the ultra white and the silver....any advice would be appreciated
Thanks. To be honest with you I had not even considered white until I saw it with the Red & Black interior. It's very striking to see dark tinted windows with that LED white paint and then opening the door to see the Red and Black interior pop out at you. I'm a jean and t-shirt guy so matching colors isn't my strong suit but something about my whole car being Red, Black and White is pretty nice.

The white isn't popping out in these photos because these are low light scenarios. My friends were able to pick out which car was mine (without even knowing what I bought) from across the street and 6 parking rows deep, that is how much the White stands out.

It does get pretty dirty though, especially after this "snowstorm". The worst part about white is the black grime it picks off from the streets at the bottom of the car and the rear fender applique that seems impossible to clean on the edge. Though since those have been problem areas on my previous cars I am leaving that protective applique.

I cannot speak too much to the silver but I will say I like this silver compared to most other silvers. I think it is the classiest looking color for the IS. Gives a more luxurious look while I think Black, Blue and White look the most sporty. If Atomic Silver was available in the US for the F-Sport trim and I could get the Atomic with Rioja interior I would prefer that. That said, despite normally hating white cars I can't imagine picking anything else. Like CorradoMR2, I started a thread asking for advice too.

Originally Posted by dirtyjohn
Nice pics! What did you use to take them?
Thanks! Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 ...aka Easy[Mode] ha ha hah

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Slust, appreciate the reference to my USB.

Snowbeast is so appropriate. Especially with the last two pics with dawn kicking in and the clouds hovering afar, your car looks ready, waiting to feast on its prey and of course they're all in hiding.
lol thanks! Almost didn't include the last pic, but something about it drew me in.

And I definitely agree with you, no matter what color you pick this car looks good. Still jealous you guys get Atomic Silver and Ultra Sonic blue F-Sports tho! I haven't even seen a 3IS in Ultra Sonic Blue in person so I love your photos when ever you post them.

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
LOL Slust. Can't believe you actually stood out in the storm/rain/snow to take the pic
ha ha hah That is how you know I love my car! Try getting me to do that for something else. I was honestly expecting to see this response and wondered how soon it would take for someone to say that so thanks for not disappointing!

Though that picture is actually one of my favorites and will probably be the one I show friends on which car I bought so I do regret not manning up and making sure I took a better picture.

Though I'm not the first. If you haven't seen this one, check this photo out from BOBFSPORT, it looks like it should be on a Christmas card => Photo.
Old 02-07-14, 05:30 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slust
ha ha hah That is how you know I love my car! Try getting me to do that for something else. I was honestly expecting to see this response and wondered how soon it would take for someone to say that so thanks for not disappointing!

Though that picture is actually one of my favorites and will probably be the one I show friends on which car I bought so I do regret not manning up and making sure I took a better picture.

Though I'm not the first. If you haven't seen this one, check this photo out from BOBFSPORT, it looks like it should be on a Christmas card => Photo.
I completely agree with you!!!! and they are nice pics btw. I would do the same in any weather if there was a nice backdrop. yeah i've see that pic of BOBFSPORT's. Did you see the one posted by another member recently..well i think it was his friend;s car in Russia.. that thing has snow up mid way of the car!
Old 02-23-14, 11:22 PM
Slust
Pole Position

So my friend will probably be annoyed with me posting the first couple pics since I was at my friend's place but whatever I made sure not to capture the house number (hence, the weird angle). The sky was lit up so had to snap some pics. Also had to snag a pic before leaving the next day. Figured I might as well post the pics here since the first pic isn't car related so posting in the main pic thread seemed a bit wrong.

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
I completely agree with you!!!! and they are nice pics btw. I would do the same in any weather if there was a nice backdrop. yeah i've see that pic of BOBFSPORT's. Did you see the one posted by another member recently..well i think it was his friend;s car in Russia.. that thing has snow up mid way of the car!
Ya the Russian one that just had the headlights peeking over a mound of snow? That was pretty damn sweet. Lexusfsport posted some with some crazy amounts of snow.

Attached Thumbnails Snowbeast has found her home...-dusklight.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast25.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast26.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast27.png  
Old 02-24-14, 07:47 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

I am in love with the pictures in this thread!
OP please turn this into your personal photo gallery thread and keep taking sick shots lol.
Old 02-26-14, 11:00 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FSPORTJC
I am in love with the pictures in this thread!
OP please turn this into your personal photo gallery thread and keep taking sick shots lol.
There has only been half a dozen or so that commented here, I don't think the forum wants me turning this into a photo album but lol thanks for the compliment. The previous post of mine was already pushing the limits of turning this into a photo album, I already feel guilty about it.
Old 02-27-14, 06:01 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by Slust
There has only been half a dozen or so that commented here, I don't think the forum wants me turning this into a photo album but lol thanks for the compliment. The previous post of mine was already pushing the limits of turning this into a photo album, I already feel guilty about it.
Who cares.. This is your thread do you!!!
Old 03-02-14, 04:16 AM
Slust
Pole Position

^ lol ok, just for you than. Love the way the White absorbs the colors in the first pic.

Attached Thumbnails Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast30.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast29.png   Snowbeast has found her home...-snowbeast28.png