IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Special Order Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-14, 01:40 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VelvetFog
That's not true. The sales person at our dealer showed us the screen in the lexus production system that tracks dates of multiple events.

I remember seeing the following dates:
Order Acceptance
Build date start
Ship Date
Port Arrival
Name of the boat.

It think there were a couple more too. We got a call from our sales person each step of the way.
Yes, this is what you should expect the dealer to provide to you as Lexus makes them avialiable during the process.
Old 02-05-14, 01:49 PM
viNz86
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cFoo
Ditchmond. They said you can only order packages available in Canada. Is the OpenRoad the one in Port Moody? I'll have to drop by and see what they can put on the F Sports.
Oh in that case, from what I know you can only have packages offered in Canada. Like how we can't get ML audio in RWD F-Sport packages (but in US they can) or have any cool features like in UK.

I thought you were trying to special order an f-sport in certain trim/spec not currently in their inventory and denied that.
Old 02-05-14, 01:52 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should be able to track it. once they process it you should get a vin# and track it that way.
Old 02-05-14, 09:22 PM
st1013
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Got a call from the dealer today. Something must of changed because now they are telling me that I'll get the car I ordered in mid-March. So everything is all good again. Only 1.5 months left
Old 02-06-14, 06:21 AM
skip000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VelvetFog
That's not true. The sales person at our dealer showed us the screen in the lexus production system that tracks dates of multiple events.

I remember seeing the following dates:
Order Acceptance
Build date start
Ship Date
Port Arrival
Name of the boat.

It think there were a couple more too. We got a call from our sales person each step of the way.
Thanks for that tip...in a months time,,I'll walk in there and ask for any updates! Any idea...anyone , how long the sailing time takes , once the ship leaves Japan for New York?
Old 02-06-14, 06:50 AM
VelvetFog
Driver School Candidate

It was about a month from shipping to delivery, but our port of entry was Portland OR and we live in Seattle area. Not sure if they go through the canal for east coast cars or by rail/truck from Portland.

93 days from order to delivery for us but that was over the holiday season.
Old 02-06-14, 08:44 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

PCS is awesome. I have it on my 10 year old LS430 (1st year that it was offered)...it has saved me about 3-4 times. Well worth the paltry $500 they are charging IS buyers! Dynamic radar cruise is a real help on long trips too. Definitely add it to your special order!
Old 11-15-14, 09:33 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

OP and others. Can you update us on your special orders? I just ordered an RC F and the lack of information is infuriating.
Old 11-24-14, 05:21 AM
Rxspecial
Driver School Candidate

Default special order problems

My RX special order was supposedly rejected by the factory, so the dealer added 3 options that I didn't want and without my approval, "in order for it to be accepted", and is telling me that I have to pay for them. I only found out about the extra options when they finally produced a build sheet and I went over it with a fine toothed comb - if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known about this until the car arrived. They say I can cancel the order and get my $1000 deposit back. But re-ordering without the options from another dealer will put me back another two months, now that I have missed another "20th of the month" special order deadline. And since I am renting a car until the new one arrives, two more months of renting a car = more money than the unapproved options.

I contacted 3 other dealer GSMs, who told me that the options were not required by the factory.

Also, I had contacted Lexus corporate about my airbag not going off when I totaled my last car/RX (they said that the impact wasn't forceful enough to trigger it - yet, the police said that if I had been in a sedan, I would've been dead). I asked him about the special order problem, and he looked into it and confirmed that the unapproved options were not required by the factory.

But, required or not, I should have been notified that the extra options were needed, and given the opportunity to make changes to the order, before it was submitted to the factory.

The cruel joke of it all is that I went through a self-proclaimed "consumer advocate" (i.e. broker) to get the best price, but they refuse to fight the dealer for me on this, presumably because doing so would risk losing their chummy relationship with them.