IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Front Camera Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-14, 01:41 AM
leoben
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Nav override device can bypass all the restrictions but center console must come out in order to hook it up. Not sure if any cable has to be splice, I wouldn't go this route just for the camera. For the backup camera eBay sells lots of wireless module with LCD screen. You may have to think about this since we can't use Lexus screen.
I saw reverse camera kits on Ebay, but I don't like to have another lcd.
On Ebay can I find override devices? Or are there some specialized online shops for that? I
n Italy aftermarket shops have about nothing for Lexus because here Lexus has low numbers...

This company sells wireless cam and you can use wifi on iphone, ipad or ipod to show video from camera. It looks interesting.

http://4ucam.com/iphone-android-ipad...up-Camera.html
Interesting but not so handly. I always keep my phone in a pocket or handbag, I don't use phone holder.
Old 02-16-14, 01:47 AM
leoben
Rookie

Originally Posted by specONE
wait are you sure we can watch video from USB?
i've tried, doesnt look like it works for me.
Yes, you have only to find the right video codec. I don't remember if MP4, MPG or WMV. Try to convert a short video in all the types.
And keep the parking brake on
Old 02-16-14, 09:24 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by leoben
I saw reverse camera kits on Ebay, but I don't like to have another lcd.
On Ebay can I find override devices? Or are there some specialized online shops for that? I
n Italy aftermarket shops have about nothing for Lexus because here Lexus has low numbers..
Check out this thread about Beat Sonic, but some people are saying it's not working so good.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...le-moving.html
Old 02-16-14, 11:05 AM
leoben
Rookie

Check out this thread about Beat Sonic, but some people are saying it's not working so good.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...le-moving.html
220$ for the bypass?
My parking sensors are enough!
Old 02-16-14, 11:21 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

220$ for the bypass?
My parking sensors are enough!
Yup. That's why I don't recommend this route. My purpose is to prevent curb rash, I already have curb alert sensor but it doesn't work with some parking blocks that are offset not centered. It's probably easier to back in to parking lot.
Old 02-16-14, 12:09 PM
leoben
Rookie

I saw some rear view mirrors with auto-dimming and integrated lcd display.
This could be another solution for the front/rear camera...
Old 02-24-14, 12:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

It's 4-pin video + audio. Maybe yellow isn't video? Sometime red plug is used for video.
But you didn't have to press the parking brake?
I've connected the cable for just a second and unplugged it after hearing that noise...
Give me 5 minutes, I go out to check if video is on red plug!
You're right, video is in red plug.

But.... no video is displayed if parking brake isn't pressed
It's like when you watch video from usb
i wonder if anyone has more info on how to display video? i have a 2014 ls460 which i think has the same system but i can't seem to get video to display through aux.

from the following pics, i am using the 4-pin aux cable. i tried to feed video (yellow) to all 3 ports (yellow, red, and white) but none of them works.

with the aux plugged in, the aux tab is available as shown but nothing except buzzing sound. i read somewhere that the "aux" should change to "a/v" or something?

any guidance is appreciated. thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Front Camera Install-photo1.jpg   Front Camera Install-photo2.jpg   Front Camera Install-photo3.jpg  
Old 02-24-14, 08:43 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i wonder if anyone has more info on how to display video? i have a 2014 ls460 which i think has the same system but i can't seem to get video to display through aux.

from the following pics, i am using the 4-pin aux cable. i tried to feed video (yellow) to all 3 ports (yellow, red, and white) but none of them works.

with the aux plugged in, the aux tab is available as shown but nothing except buzzing sound. i read somewhere that the "aux" should change to "a/v" or something?

any guidance is appreciated. thanks!
I just got one of these cable from ebay and yellow pin doesn't work. But when I plugged into red the video comes on.
Is your parking brake on? It doesn't work without parking brake on 3IS, not sure about LS but try it. Either that or LS doesn't support video thru Aux at all, check the owner's manual.
Old 02-24-14, 09:52 AM
sc00b
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is awesome
Old 02-24-14, 11:06 AM
leoben
Rookie

Either that or LS doesn't support video thru Aux at all, check the owner's manual.
I think that the problem for rominl'car is this. In my IS I can select AUX and a/v input. The connector is the same but AUX is used only for audio (i.e. for an MP3 player) while a/v is for a video palyer (i.e. portable dvd)
Old 02-24-14, 11:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I just got one of these cable from ebay and yellow pin doesn't work. But when I plugged into red the video comes on.
Is your parking brake on? It doesn't work without parking brake on 3IS, not sure about LS but try it. Either that or LS doesn't support video thru Aux at all, check the owner's manual.
thanks for the info, maybe i need to try another aux connector. the parking brake was engaged already so that should be good. can you double check when video is playing, does it still say "aux" on the tab up top?
Old 02-24-14, 11:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I think that the problem for rominl'car is this. In my IS I can select AUX and a/v input. The connector is the same but AUX is used only for audio (i.e. for an MP3 player) while a/v is for a video palyer (i.e. portable dvd)
oh umm... so on your car you have two separate tabs? one that says aux and one that says a/v?
Old 02-24-14, 11:09 AM
leoben
Rookie

oh umm... so on your car you have two separate tabs? one that says aux and one that says a/v?
Yes, right....
Old 02-24-14, 11:22 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

thanks for the info, maybe i need to try another aux connector. the parking brake was engaged already so that should be good. can you double check when video is playing, does it still say "aux" on the tab up top?
When the video is playing it's A/V tab, it's AUX for audio. That's why 4-pole jack is required, on the IS Aux is used for both video and audio.
Old 02-24-14, 11:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sniff sniff....

Quick Reply: Front Camera Install