IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Which models, if any, have this functional button (Center Console)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 01:31 PM
phungy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which models, if any, have this functional button (Center Console)

Top row, furthest to the right.

I looked on Lexus.com but that button is blank. Curious if others, possibly international models, are different.
Attached Thumbnails Which models, if any, have this functional button (Center Console)-2014-02-01-14.39.39.jpg  
Old 02-01-14, 01:33 PM
LP640
Driver School Candidate

Honestly, this blank really pisses me off for some reason. If there's no other trim package that uses it then why put it there in the first place?
Old 02-01-14, 01:41 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LP640
Honestly, this blank really pisses me off for some reason. If there's no other trim package that uses it then why put it there in the first place?
Symmetry. It's blank on the non F-Sport 350 as well.
Old 02-01-14, 01:49 PM
John510
Lead Lap

After owning the car for 7 months this is the first time Ive even noticed it now that you pointed it out.
Old 02-01-14, 02:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Haha you guys are funny. It's a blank in the States because all our models are decontented. In Europe for example that button on say a IS300h is S-Flow or Smart flow. This feaure was first introduced on the 4GS as standard. Basically there are sensors that can tell if an occupant is sitting in the front passenger and outboard rear seats and will blow air accordingly. If no one is sensed, circulation is cut off to that zone. No need to aircondition/heat a zone that has no occupant

Old 02-01-14, 02:29 PM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Haha you guys are funny. It's a blank in the States because all our models are decontented. In Europe for example that button on say a IS300h is S-Flow or Smart flow. This feaure was first introduced on the 4GS as standard. Basically there are sensors that can tell if an occupant is sitting in the front passenger and outboard rear seats and will blow air accordingly. If no one is sensed, circulation is cut off to that zone. No need to aircondition/heat a zone that has no occupant

now im jealous
Old 02-01-14, 02:44 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

So what you're saying is that button activates an intelligent sensor right? What i don't understand is why doesn't Lexus merge that sensor with the seat-belt sensor that detects whether or not a passenger is sitting in the seat (if there is one, the system beeps to remind to put on seat-belt). that button could then be free to be used as like folding mirrors or something.. but like you said, lexus is discontenting standard features so i can understanding the lack there of tilt/folding mirrors (at least for the states).
Old 02-01-14, 03:11 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In addition to what you said, I think that the presence of the button means you also have the Panasonic Nanoe air purification system. In North America, the button is blanked out and it means Nanoe is missed. In the past it was Sharp Plasmcluster which Lexus has used in the 2nd generation of IS and it was missing in the North American spec.

Actually not only parts of Europe get this feature - S-Flow and Nanoe. In Asia, in addition to Japan, some areas such as Hong Kong, Taiwan also has this feature.
Old 02-01-14, 04:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

A short blog about S-Flow and Nanoe

http://blog.lacarguy.com/2012/06/14/...n-of-the-year/
Old 02-02-14, 01:32 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Cool feature. Should be standard and automatic. No button necessary!
Old 02-02-14, 09:28 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nabbun
Cool feature. Should be standard and automatic. No button necessary!
It should be standard on all Lexus. It's frustrating to be in a neutered Lexus when you've been in a Lexus in any other place outside of North America. It's insulting because Lexus purposely neutered the car thinking we're too stupid to know.
Old 02-02-14, 09:58 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Omg ever since I discovered this blank button a couple days ago, it has driven me crazy lol!!!!!
Old 02-02-14, 10:29 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cFoo
It should be standard on all Lexus. It's frustrating to be in a neutered Lexus when you've been in a Lexus in any other place outside of North America. It's insulting because Lexus purposely neutered the car thinking we're too stupid to know.
I have S flow in the GS and trust me IS owners are not missing out on anything special......Although i wasn't aware until now that the nano is keeping my skin moisturized!!

Last edited by BOBFSPORT; 02-02-14 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-02-14, 10:56 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad someone finally pointed out what that blank is. I just hate how cheap it looks.
Old 02-02-14, 11:11 PM
vietzboi87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol they couldn't think of another button to add in place?

Quick Reply: Which models, if any, have this functional button (Center Console)