IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ultra White Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-14, 07:12 PM
hangandrew
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra White Paint?

This may be a silly question, but do you think Lexus would be willing to sell their paint? I already have a few rock chips across the front end already. Not really noticeable unless you look hard, but knowing the fact that there are chips makes me feel uneasy lol. I need a clear bra asap!
Old 01-26-14, 07:55 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

I hear you man. I believe any car maker usually offers a touch up paint that match your paint based on your car VIN number. You just need to go to your Lexus parts center to get it.
Old 01-26-14, 09:47 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got Xpel Ultimate installed on the entire front end because I was worried about the chips.
Old 01-26-14, 11:51 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

It's called "touch up paint." Every manufacturer offers it in the dealership parts department.
Old 01-27-14, 12:49 AM
Slust
Pole Position

There are two touch-up paints for Ultra White:
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6423.html
Old 01-27-14, 03:04 PM
hangandrew
Rookie

Originally Posted by hushero
I hear you man. I believe any car maker usually offers a touch up paint that match your paint based on your car VIN number. You just need to go to your Lexus parts center to get it.
I'll probably do that! What sucks is I curbed checked my wheel too. =(

Originally Posted by Celsius
I got Xpel Ultimate installed on the entire front end because I was worried about the chips.
I need to get that. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for the clear bra?

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
It's called "touch up paint." Every manufacturer offers it in the dealership parts department.
Thanks man! Need to give my dealer a call.

Originally Posted by Slust
There are two touch-up paints for Ultra White:
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6423.html
Interesting. Probably cheaper this way! :thumb up:
kinda scared though lol
Old 01-27-14, 08:40 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Sterling McCall lexus sells the touch up paint. I got the ultra white as well, and i ordered the touch up paint a couple weeks back. Just for precautions. It took them 2 weeks to order it tho. Came in 2 tubes ( one for paint and one clear coat). Only $25+ tax
Old 01-28-14, 11:33 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

I strongly recommend to have Xpel Ultimate installed. Touch up paint is not gonna look good on the car. The only benefit is it will protect from corrosion but cosmetically it wont do the trick.
Old 01-28-14, 11:50 AM
Alius
Pole Position

My previous car was bra-less and over the four years I've owned the car there were many rock chips that accumulated. I didn't make the same mistake again with the 3IS and put a bra on the full nose. I've owned the car for 7-8 months now and the bra has helped immensily as I have had no visible rock chips so far.

If you plan to keep your car for a long time like I am, I suggest investing in a clear bra, at least for the whole front.
Old 01-28-14, 02:50 PM
hangandrew
Rookie

Originally Posted by smardav
Sterling McCall lexus sells the touch up paint. I got the ultra white as well, and i ordered the touch up paint a couple weeks back. Just for precautions. It took them 2 weeks to order it tho. Came in 2 tubes ( one for paint and one clear coat). Only $25+ tax
That's not too bad! I need to order some for touch up.

Originally Posted by salvadorik
I strongly recommend to have Xpel Ultimate installed. Touch up paint is not gonna look good on the car. The only benefit is it will protect from corrosion but cosmetically it wont do the trick.
That's true. I hear it's very difficult to match with this paint as well.

Originally Posted by Alius
My previous car was bra-less and over the four years I've owned the car there were many rock chips that accumulated. I didn't make the same mistake again with the 3IS and put a bra on the full nose. I've owned the car for 7-8 months now and the bra has helped immensily as I have had no visible rock chips so far.

If you plan to keep your car for a long time like I am, I suggest investing in a clear bra, at least for the whole front.

Will do. I have a friend who does clear bras! Do you think I should touch up anyways and then clear bra it?
Old 01-28-14, 04:20 PM
Alius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hangandrew
Will do. I have a friend who does clear bras! Do you think I should touch up anyways and then clear bra it?
Yep, I would do a touch-up before the clear bra.
Old 01-28-14, 09:29 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hangandrew
I'll probably do that! What sucks is I curbed checked my wheel too. =(

I need to get that. If you don't mind, how much did you pay for the clear bra?

Thanks man! Need to give my dealer a call.

Interesting. Probably cheaper this way! :thumb up:
kinda scared though lol
$1400 for the full front end, mirrors, sides and lower rear.
Old 01-28-14, 10:12 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Celsius
$1400 for the full front end, mirrors, sides and lower rear.
Is it just me or someone else thinks the same way. I think clear bra is rather uneconomical and a little overrated. Considering rock chips will happen at anytime, and if you hit the curb or something and peel off your clear bra, you have go redo the whole bumper. I think it will be easier to just let the chips and scratches accumulate and repaint the bumper. I mean, its a car, we drive it daily, it will not be as immaculate as when you get it from the dealership anyway. Just my $0.02 tho.
Old 02-11-14, 01:58 AM
morton87
Rookie

Wow the price difference between locations seems be quite high. I just picked up some touch paint so that i can address some of the nick on my front bumper before getting a clear bra put on and it was only $15.50 here in Arizona. Also they didn't have it stock as other have mentioned but it only took about 4 days for it come in.
Old 02-11-14, 06:06 AM
Alius
Pole Position

Is it just me or someone else thinks the same way. I think clear bra is rather uneconomical and a little overrated. Considering rock chips will happen at anytime, and if you hit the curb or something and peel off your clear bra, you have go redo the whole bumper. I think it will be easier to just let the chips and scratches accumulate and repaint the bumper. I mean, its a car, we drive it daily, it will not be as immaculate as when you get it from the dealership anyway. Just my $0.02 tho.
I agree, it is rather uneconomical if you're leasing the car. But if you're owning the car and plan to keep it for 4+ years or forever, repainting the bumper will not be a solution because the new paint will simply not match the rest of the car due to over time exposure of UV rays. Unless of course you keep it in a garage all the time but even then, with 4+ years of ownership, some of the color will fade with the driving that goes along with it.

Quick Reply: Ultra White Paint?