MacGuffin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This would have made the IS 350 F Sport perfect (vs really good):

1. Rain-sensing wipers
2. Real leather seats
3. Memory seats
4. RC F LED Lights/Fascia
5. Michelin Pilot Super Sports (instead of crappy Turanzas)
6. Better/better positioned cup holder
7. Better nav system (instead of the fancied-up nav Toyota puts in all its cars)
8. 50+ horses AND at least 50 more ft. lbs torque
Old 01-26-14, 02:24 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hushero
May I know please which dealer you was dealing with in Denver?
kuni in Denver (greenwood village?)
Old 01-26-14, 02:25 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by larry13
kuni in Denver (greenwood village?)
greg stanton was the saleman. good guy
Old 01-26-14, 02:54 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

greg stanton was the saleman. good guy
I was going to go there as well (they had 3 IS350 AWD F-Sports with the ML package) but my car died abruptly so I couldn't wait to them ship it to me.
Old 01-26-14, 03:04 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
I was going to go there as well (they had 3 IS350 AWD F-Sports with the ML package) but my car died abruptly so I couldn't wait to them ship it to me.
did you get one elsewhere? i had my car in 4 days. shipped from denver to chicago
Old 01-26-14, 03:21 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by pheonix72
I would say Google map which offer real time traffic monitor! It is silly to have to pay for Traffic monitor services these days and ages.
Traffic info is free and subscription free in the US.
Old 01-26-14, 04:07 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Two things it definitely should have had:
- Memory feature (seats, mirrors, radio ect...)
- Ventilated seats

Nice to haves:
- HUD
- Power folding mirrors
- Tilt down mirrors
- Heated steering wheel

I also wish I could have had option to swap my factory tires for good winter tires like Michelin X-Ice Xi3s. Now I got to try and sell the factory summer tires on my own.
Old 01-26-14, 04:14 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

did you get one elsewhere? i had my car in 4 days. shipped from denver to chicago
I couldn't really make the last minute trip to out to CO so I went local I bought from Lexus of Englewood without the ML package. I kind of hate myself right now
Old 01-26-14, 04:16 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Two things it definitely should have had:
- Memory feature (seats, mirrors, radio ect...)
- Ventilated seats

Nice to haves:
- HUD
- Power folding mirrors
- Tilt down mirrors
- Heated steering wheel

I also wish I could have had option to swap my factory tires for good winter tires like Michelin X-Ice Xi3s. Now I got to try and sell the factory summer tires on my own.
I have the damn wheel and tire warranty as well so even if I bought Michelin Pilots, they would give me Crapstones as replacements
Old 01-26-14, 04:21 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
I have the damn wheel and tire warranty as well so even if I bought Michelin Pilots, they would give me Crapstones as replacements
Dealer did offer me $50 for each tire. I'm hoping I can do better on my own come spring. Otherwise I may throw these back on the factory rims and use it up over the summer.
Old 01-26-14, 06:43 PM
Base9se
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add remote start to the list for F-Sport
Old 01-27-14, 12:39 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pheonix72
I would say Google map which offer real time traffic monitor! It is silly to have to pay for Traffic monitor services these days and ages.
As JDR76 said, Nav+Traffic is free ...for life. I find the Nav to be quite good. Though if for some reason you really need Google directions the Bluetooth tethering will read out the directions from your phone through your car's speakers.

I think that I must be the only one who actually likes the car without the fog lights. I always hated how the housing of the fog lights didn't match the rest of the car. I think it gives it a more aggressive look without them. Some of the people I work with think I added a ground kit. Not to mention I just find it cheesy when I see people driving with their fog lights on. Now the vertical fog lights (or maybe they are really low to the ground DRLs) I see on some cars are unique enough to where I'd drive with those on.

The one thing I would want is a 4.0L NA engine. I love naturally aspirated engines, its why I love M3s.

Outside of that, eh not really pining for anything. Maybe remote start. Maybe bigger and better placed cup holders. Maybe a... supermodel.
Old 01-27-14, 07:43 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slust
As JDR76 said, Nav+Traffic is free ...for life. I find the Nav to be quite good. Though if for some reason you really need Google directions the Bluetooth tethering will read out the directions from your phone through your car's speakers.

I think that I must be the only one who actually likes the car without the fog lights. I always hated how the housing of the fog lights didn't match the rest of the car. I think it gives it a more aggressive look without them. Some of the people I work with think I added a ground kit. Not to mention I just find it cheesy when I see people driving with their fog lights on. Now the vertical fog lights (or maybe they are really low to the ground DRLs) I see on some cars are unique enough to where I'd drive with those on.

The one thing I would want is a 4.0L NA engine. I love naturally aspirated engines, its why I love M3s.

Outside of that, eh not really pining for anything. Maybe remote start. Maybe bigger and better placed cup holders. Maybe a... supermodel.
Supermodel is going to be tough, even tougher is which one would you want? I doubt they'd add a standard remote start as it wears down the alternator and Lexus won't put anything standard that would decrease reliability.

That being said the 8 speed A/T should be standard as well
Old 01-27-14, 11:44 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish the head light washers were the pop-up variety instead of those chrome pieces sticking up from the bumper.
Old 01-27-14, 12:04 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since my car is a EU car, I do have most of the stuff folks wish for on their f-sport.
Rain sensing wipers, power folding mirrors, lane keep assist, heated steering wheel, fog lights and so on.

However I would trade most of these features for AWD. The RWD hybrid system is no fun and pretty useless in the winter time
At least norwegian winter. It has snowed about 20 cm today, making the total amount of snow here around 100cm. Almost got stuck when parking. Had to rock the car back and forth to get out after standing in the the parking space about 2 hours.

Awd is not avalible on the IS in europe.

Last edited by magne; 01-27-14 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Features you wish your 2014 IS had