Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default headlight adjustment

is there a thread on adjusting headlights on the 3is
Old 01-23-14, 12:08 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It's pretty easy, just need a flathead screw driver. Look down at the back of headlight, there will be a small turning **** that looks like a gear. It's best you adjust them at night facing a wall or something that will give you reference of before and after. So basically you need to turn the gear using your screw driver by putting it in between the "teeth" and turning it in small increments. You will see the light cut-off will be going up as you turn the wheel. Turn it clockwise if facing the car.
The following users liked this post:
JHLex (05-31-20)
Old 01-23-14, 06:53 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you lower your car? If not there's no reason you need to be playing around with it. If you're planning to lower your car, make sure you shine ur lights against the wall and put some painters tape across where the cutoff is, so you have a reference when you adjust ur light after ur car is lowered. But again if you don't need to adjust ur light then don't bc it will give u headaches later on. I did that with my lowered car, but VA requires an annual inspection so my lights were off and had to pay the shop $20 or $40 to get it readjusted so I could pass.
Old 01-24-14, 08:15 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
Did you lower your car? If not there's no reason you need to be playing around with it. If you're planning to lower your car, make sure you shine ur lights against the wall and put some painters tape across where the cutoff is, so you have a reference when you adjust ur light after ur car is lowered. But again if you don't need to adjust ur light then don't bc it will give u headaches later on. I did that with my lowered car, but VA requires an annual inspection so my lights were off and had to pay the shop $20 or $40 to get it readjusted so I could pass.

yes i am lowered on j5 coil overs front is lowered a good amount need to adjust i figured it out yesterday did what you said with the tape
Attached Thumbnails headlight adjustment-3is-suspension1.jpg  
Old 01-25-14, 02:09 AM
IS300H744
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
It's pretty easy, just need a flathead screw driver. Look down at the back of headlight, there will be a small turning **** that looks like a gear. It's best you adjust them at night facing a wall or something that will give you reference of before and after. So basically you need to turn the gear using your screw driver by putting it in between the "teeth" and turning it in small increments. You will see the light cut-off will be going up as you turn the wheel. Turn it clockwise if facing the car.
Any possibility to show me with a photo(HID type, not LED)....not sure which one is the correct one....
Old 01-27-14, 06:12 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Quick question for anyone who has performed this adjustment - are there separate adjustments for the low beams and for the brights, or does one adjustment screw raise/lower both low beam and bright at the same time?

Last edited by jspridge; 01-27-14 at 06:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-27-14, 06:59 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jspridge
Quick question for anyone who has performed this adjustment - are there separate adjustments for the low beams and for the brights, or does one adjustment screw raise/lower both low beam and bright at the same time?
most lights will have the low beam and high beam as separate lights, like in the case of the 3IS, so yes, you'll have to adjust them separately. some lights will have only one projector, and the bulbs are referred to as bi-xenons where it has both low/high beams built in, thus adjustment is only at one place.
Old 01-27-14, 08:33 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
most lights will have the low beam and high beam as separate lights, like in the case of the 3IS, so yes, you'll have to adjust them separately. some lights will have only one projector, and the bulbs are referred to as bi-xenons where it has both low/high beams built in, thus adjustment is only at one place.
I only see one adjustment screw behind my LED headlight. Does anyone know where the high beam adjustment screw can be found?
Old 02-02-14, 05:08 AM
IS300H744
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know which is the correct screw to adjust HID height level? I do see the HID U and D / L and R instruction on the panel, but cannot figure out the corresponding screws..

The big white one or a small screw or somewhere else?

headlight adjustment-img_2571.jpg

headlight adjustment-img_2570.jpg

headlight adjustment-img_2569.jpg
Old 09-12-17, 03:32 PM
sevillano
Driver School Candidate

Hi. I find in the same situation. I don't know where the regulator is to raise the aim headlights.