IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Sewell Black chrome Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 12:23 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
And what is disrespectful about posting these emails and trying to help others with their decisions about buying from Sewell? It's not a private conversation, and them telling their customers to refrain from posting about it, well, that's just shameful. What should be happening instead is the company should be 100% behind their product, at all times, in all circumstances, unless the customer abuses their rights. And everything should be transparent, and no demands made from either party. I personally think Sewell should not only improve their emblems, but their overall customer service in general. Sending someone 3 sets of badges with the same issues is what's disrespectful, if anything. Wasting someone's time going to the post office to ship them back, hoping that the next set will be issue-free, receiving a scratched up set again, and that x 3. That's infuriating at the least. Also, the main and only point of this forum is to help people with their cars, as enthusiasts, or as average drivers looking for advice or assistance, and not to be secretive and hold back useful info, or bash people for posting their frustrations, suggestions, thoughts, etc. The OP made a thread about his dissatisfaction with a given product which, in return, has helped a lot of members here with their decisions about purchasing from Sewell, and in general, just to be cautious about buying items when a demand for quality is above average. Those who gave him hard time for this are the same people who usually do nothing for the forum but clutter threads with useless text. To the OP... those who agree with you, and whom your thread has helped, they do appreciate it. Without threads like this, more members would have to deal with the same frustrations, as I have too.
Thank you, Shaddix! This is a GREAT post, which should be made into a sticky. This board needs A LOT of work on the subject of complaining of other's complaints, which should stop.

Only caveat, however, is that I understand both sides of the argument regarding copying and pasting the e-mails, where the only thing I can suggest is that if Sewell has an issue with same, their correspondence should contain a disclaimer stating the content of same is confidential and not for dissemination or reproduction without consent; not that that would stop this anyway, but still.

Otherwise, I would still like to work towards a resolution and don't feel this should be made any more contentious than it already is; whether Sewell comes up with a superior product, the middle man is cut out of the equation or we find a new supplier all together...

Last edited by dbs600; 02-03-14 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 12:40 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Any high-gloss black product will show absolutely every imperfection, and nearly anything (even glass-cleaning wipes) will cause micro-scratches. The blemishes in this sort of product will occur as soon as it's on the road for 1 day.

Furthermore, when you post emails INTENDED for private conversation on a public forum, while you may think you expose some injustice done to you, what you really do is limit the companies ability to compensate you for your troubles. Should you have received anything above and beyond a refund or exchange, suddenly everyone who shares in your misery is anchored on the idea that they may have been cheated if they did not receive the same. Shaming a company for exchanging a defective product is poor behavior.
Old 02-03-14, 12:52 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Antnie2418
As far as the mod kicking me off, it's not really a big deal I have another email and I can set up my account.
Before making claims and proceeding as such, I suggest you brush up on our forum policies:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...les#faq_banned

Only one Club Lexus account is allowed per member. Creating an additional or alternative account for ANY purpose puts your entire Club Lexus account at risk of being permanently banned.

If would like to change your username please post a request in the 'name change' thread which can be found at the top of the Site Suggestions and Questions forum. Read and follow the request rules in that post. If you are having problems with your user account or you are having trouble logging in, do not create a new account. Please PM or email an administrator using the email addresses found on the ‘contact us’ page.

Once Club Lexus access is removed from a member, re-joining Club Lexus under a new member name is forever forbidden unless approved by an administrator (the original account will be reactivated if this is the case). Should a banned member attempt to re-join the forum illegally, Club Lexus has the right to contact the banned member’s ISP or corporate webmaster with a request to remove service and the right to take legal action against the banned member. These same terms apply to members who create secondary accounts in order to circumvent administrative restrictions placed on their account.

IMPORTANT NOTICE to Banned or Restricted Users: If you have your forum features or access restricted, or have been suspended or banned by Club Lexus and attempt to register again using some means to get around the ban such as using another email address, you agree to a $5,000 dollar reinstatement fee. By clicking on the checkbox ‘I have read, and agree to abide by the Club Lexus Forums rules’ to rejoin Club Lexus you have formally agreed to pay this fee. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in a court of law in a state selected by Club Lexus. Your continued access to the forums is not guaranteed by payment of this fee, nor are you excused from meticulously following the forum rules outlined in this document.
This thread has gone on WAY longer than it should have. I understand the idiom "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" but quite frankly, if you are unhappy with a product, take your business elsewhere. Sewell's decrease in sales alone would constitute enough reasoning to change their business practice, which in all honesty, is already just fine.

Judging by this thread, I'm guessing you're unaware of the fact that emblems can be polished in the same fashion that a car can be.

Last edited by ThomasGS4; 02-03-14 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 12:53 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Infra
Any high-gloss black product will show absolutely every imperfection, and nearly anything (even glass-cleaning wipes) will cause micro-scratches. The blemishes in this sort of product will occur as soon as it's on the road for 1 day.

Furthermore, when you post emails INTENDED for private conversation on a public forum, while you may think you expose some injustice done to you, what you really do is limit the companies ability to compensate you for your troubles. Should you have received anything above and beyond a refund or exchange, suddenly everyone who shares in your misery is anchored on the idea that they may have been cheated if they did not receive the same. Shaming a company for exchanging a defective product is poor behavior.
You're EXACTLY right...This is a GREAT post, which should be made into a sticky.

Last edited by DexRox512; 02-03-14 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 01:15 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

To me it's no different if we have phone call and I write down everything in our conversation. Why is it ok for Sewell to share email with their colleagues but I can't do the same. I am not sure if they do it or not but it's likely they record our phone conversations as well..
First of all, we aren't your colleagues and I doubt that the guys at Sewell have time to run around and share your email exchanges or phone conversations with those in their office.

I bought a $4500 brake kit from Sewell that didn't fit my car after they told me it would!!! I didn't raise hell...I found a solution separate from them . There were several emails and phones calls exchanged and I never posted any of it here. Not because they told me not to, but because it is POINTLESS! I get that you're wanting to help other members and that makes sense, no question that is the point of this forum, but a simple update as to where you're at in your dealings with them would be enough to help others to decide whether or not they want to move forward with the emblems.

I also just got my F-Sport exhaust from Sewell and both tips were scratched and dented up. It's very minor, but still not acceptable for an $1100 exhaust system. I know that if I ask them to send me another, it is probably not going to be perfect either and could maybe even be worse since this was occurring on both sides of the system. Ya I could get my money back, but I want the exhaust and it just isn't worth the hassle.

On the $200 emblems...yes it's a lot of money...but I think you really are expecting too much. My standards are super high and I looked at my black pearl emblems this weekend and they were scratched up as well. However it is nothing that I can see from a foot away and with a little dust on them.

It is a car and it is a modification...either buy it, drive it and use it...........or don't.

Last edited by DexRox512; 02-03-14 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 01:26 PM
Antnie2418
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Infra

I happened to disagree with you about purchasing a high gloss black anything. When I purchased my Audi in 2003 the paint was perfect condition with out any imperfections. Yes in time it is nearly impossible to keep the car that way. But what matters most is that when I took ownership it was perfect and with out blemishes.
Old 02-03-14, 01:38 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
And what is disrespectful about posting these emails and trying to help others with their decisions about buying from Sewell? It's not a private conversation, and them telling their customers to refrain from posting about it, well, that's just shameful. What should be happening instead is the company should be 100% behind their product, at all times, in all circumstances, unless the customer abuses their rights. And everything should be transparent, and no demands made from either party. I personally think Sewell should not only improve their emblems, but their overall customer service in general. Sending someone 3 sets of badges with the same issues is what's disrespectful, if anything. Wasting someone's time going to the post office to ship them back, hoping that the next set will be issue-free, receiving a scratched up set again, and that x 3. That's infuriating at the least. Also, the main and only point of this forum is to help people with their cars, as enthusiasts, or as average drivers looking for advice or assistance, and not to be secretive and hold back useful info, or bash people for posting their frustrations, suggestions, thoughts, etc. The OP made a thread about his dissatisfaction with a given product which, in return, has helped a lot of members here with their decisions about purchasing from Sewell, and in general, just to be cautious about buying items when a demand for quality is above average. Those who gave him hard time for this are the same people who usually do nothing for the forum but clutter threads with useless text. To the OP... those who agree with you, and whom your thread has helped, they do appreciate it. Without threads like this, more members would have to deal with the same frustrations, as I have too.
He got 3 sets of badges because he wanted that!!! They would have easily given him his money back after the first set. No one is wasting his time !

.........sorry for cluttering this thread with useless text.

Last edited by DexRox512; 02-03-14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 01:39 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

I happened to disagree with you about purchasing a high gloss black anything. When I purchased my Audi in 2003 the paint was perfect condition with out any imperfections. Yes in time it is nearly impossible to keep the car that way. But what matters most is that when I took ownership it was perfect and with out blemishes.
You're talking about a $40,000 car vs. a $100 emblem!!!!!!
Old 02-03-14, 01:43 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DexRox512
Please add me to your ignore list if you're annoyed by my posts, or if you don't have anything substantive and respectful to add when responding to my posts, please refrain from responding at all. Can't ask any nicer than that. Thanks.

Last edited by dbs600; 02-03-14 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 01:45 PM
Antnie2418
Driver

First of all, we aren't your colleagues and I doubt that the guys at Sewell have time to run around and share your email exchanges or phone conversations with those in their office.

I bought a $4500 brake kit from Sewell that didn't fit my car after they told me it would!!! I didn't raise hell...I found a solution separate from them . There were several emails and phones calls exchanged and I never posted any of it here. Not because they told me not to, but because it is POINTLESS! I get that you're wanting to help other members and that makes sense, no question that is the point of this forum, but a simple update as to where you're at in your dealings with them would be enough to help others to decide whether or not they want to move forward with the emblems.

I also just got my $1100 F-Sport exhaust from Sewell and both tips were scratched and dented up. It's very minor, but still not acceptable for an $1100 exhaust system. I know that if I ask them to send me another, it is probably not going to be perfect either and could maybe even be worse since this was occurring on both sides of the system. Ya I could get my money back, but I want the exhaust and it just isn't worth the hassle.

On the $200 emblems...yes it's a lot of money...but I think you really are expecting too much. My standards are super high and I looked at my black pearl emblems this weekend and they were scratched up as well. However it is nothing that I can see from a foot away and with a little dust on them.

It is a car and it is a modification...either buy it, drive it and use it...........or don't.

I will use the word "colleagues" and Dex and you wish not to be apart of that either, I promise I wont loose sleep over you.

Dex Its is apparent you do not have high standards your Ok with receiving damage products and paying full price or not saying anything. I respect the fact that you have no problem for settling less when it comes to your car. Hopefully it doesn't continue through out your everyday life as well. Please respect the fact that I am not ok with receiving damaged products and I hope sewell gets ahold of you and makes right on your dented exhaust and the other issues that you had.
Old 02-03-14, 01:49 PM
Antnie2418
Driver

You're talking about a $40,000 car vs. a $100 emblem!!!!!!
Dex your missing the point, you never got the point nor understood the point. Your comments are not helpful nor useful.

If you ordered a pizza and 2 slices of the pie are missing is that ok cause it only cost $16.00

The point is that its relative. The only difference is the margin is much higher on a $.05 plastic piece that cost $100.00 retail then a $40,000 car

Last edited by Antnie2418; 02-03-14 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 01:56 PM
Antnie2418
Driver

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Before making claims and proceeding as such, I suggest you brush up on our forum policies:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...les#faq_banned

This thread has gone on WAY longer than it should have. I understand the idiom "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" but quite frankly, if you are unhappy with a product, take your business elsewhere. Sewell's decrease in sales alone would constitute enough reasoning to change their business practice, which in all honesty, is already just fine.

Judging by this thread, I'm guessing you're unaware of the fact that emblems can be polished in the same fashion that a car can be.

IMO this hasn't gone too far because we are finding a trend of people receiving damaged products from Sewell above the emblems. "Dex" who is clearly not on my side states that not only was he misinformed when he bought a product from them he also purchased another item and came in dented and scratches now he is ok with that. I am not !!!

I will double check but the product can not be polished or "corrected" I think if it was that easy of a fix Sewell wouldn't of pulled the product from their website or offered it as a solution.
Old 02-03-14, 02:01 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

IMO this hasn't gone too far because we are finding a trend of people receiving damaged products from Sewell above the emblems. "Dex" who is clearly not on my side states that not only was he misinformed when he bought a product from them he also purchased another item and came in dented and scratches now he is ok with that. I am not !!!

I will double check but the product can not be polished or "corrected" I think if it was that easy of a fix Sewell wouldn't of pulled the product from their website or offered it as a solution.
Bro...I am on your side. What I'm not on your side about, is how you're handling this by posting every little tid bit about your dealings with them on the forums. With regards to the emblem, if you aren't happy with it, get your money back! Sewell isn't going to come through the 4th of 5th time. I never said I was "ok" with getting things that weren't perfect. I said that I know that if I send it back, chances are I will get one that is just as bad or worse. It doesn't bother me enough to go through the hassle. Life's too short...I'd rather enjoy the car with the modifications if the blemishes are tolerable.
Old 02-03-14, 02:02 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Dex your missing the point, you never got the point nor understood the point. Your comments are not helpful nor useful.
I respectfully disagree with this accusation; Dex understands the point, as do I. There comes a time in life when you realize that it isn't worth fretting over small and insignificant details when there are more meaningful and pressing issues at hand, i.e. kids, significant other, a job with more responsibility etc.

Is a $100 emblem really worth all of the time and effort?
Old 02-03-14, 02:16 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also just got my F-Sport exhaust from Sewell and both tips were scratched and dented up. It's very minor, but still not acceptable for an $1100 exhaust system. I know that if I ask them to send me another, it is probably not going to be perfect either and could maybe even be worse since this was occurring on both sides of the system. Ya I could get my money back, but I want the exhaust and it just isn't worth the hassle.

So to sum up Sewell Lexus.....They aren't at all knowledgable about their products and their fitment.The products they sell show up defective, scratched, dented, etc. This may be tolerable for you Dex but the reason i am able to afford a luxury car is because i am very good at my job and i take pride in it. I expect the same with those i give my business to. Sewell sent me a product that was not what they said it was and then they had the chutzpah to try and charge me $20 in shipping for their mistake. Ultimately i opened a paypal dispute and sent paypal copys of the emails to prove that Sewell said yes to a question that the answer was no! In the end Sewell asked me to split the difference and still charged me $10 for shipping! I did not escalate the dispute to a claim because i was tired of corresponding with the idiot who runs Sewells part department. Sewell doesn't deserve my business or any other clublexus members business for that matter. I am glad this thread is able to let other forum members know not to deal with them until they change the way they conduct business.

Quick Reply: Sewell Black chrome Nightmare