IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Sewell Black chrome Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 02:25 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
So to sum up Sewell Lexus.....They aren't at all knowledgable about their products and their fitment.The products they sell show up defective, scratched, dented, etc. This may be tolerable for you Dex but the reason i am able to afford a luxury car is because i am very good at my job and i take pride in it. I expect the same with those i give my business to. Sewell sent me a product that was not what they said it was and then they had the chutzpah to try and charge me $20 in shipping for their mistake. Ultimately i opened a paypal dispute and sent paypal copys of the emails to prove that Sewell said yes to a question that the answer was no! In the end Sewell asked me to split the difference and still charged me $10 for shipping! I did not escalate the dispute to a claim because i was tired of corresponding with the idiot who runs Sewells part department. Sewell doesn't deserve my business or any other clublexus members business for that matter. I am glad this thread is able to let other forum members know not to deal with them until they change the way they conduct business.
First off...the moderators need to close this thread...it's getting ugly.

Bob, get off the high horse about you being so good at your job and being able to afford a luxury car because of it. We all take pride in our jobs. Sewell's shipping is a little ridiculous, I agree, and I probably would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes with that situation. Doesn't mean you should run around calling them idiots...they are good guys and their prices make up for it, in my mind. Get over yourself, man.
Old 02-03-14, 02:28 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DexRox512
the moderators need to close this thread
This thread should not be closed.

A legitimate concern is being discussed and tracked.

If not for those complaining of the complaints of others, there would be no problem.
Old 02-03-14, 02:29 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
Sewell sent me a product that was not what they said it was and then they had the chutzpah to try and charge me $20 in shipping for their mistake.
Where you from bro, West Deal!? Five Towns here.
Old 02-03-14, 02:33 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
This thread should not be closed.

A legitimate concern is being discussed and tracked.

If not for those complaining of the complaints of others, there would be no problem.
I disagree.
Everyone got their points across.
The topic has been discussed ad nauseum.
Old 02-03-14, 02:40 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I disagree.
Everyone got their points across.
The topic has been discussed ad nauseum.
Okay, but what about updates on topic? Create another thread?
Old 02-03-14, 02:47 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DexRox512
First off...the moderators need to close this thread...it's getting ugly.

Bob, get off the high horse about you being so good at your job and being able to afford a luxury car because of it. We all take pride in our jobs. Sewell's shipping is a little ridiculous, I agree, and I probably would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes with that situation. Doesn't mean you should run around calling them idiots...they are good guys and their prices make up for it, in my mind. Get over yourself, man.
They are idiots and i am saying this while sitting on a Purebread Arabian Mare.
Old 02-03-14, 03:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

OK guys, I've been watching this thread as it progress and now its clearly starting to turn personal and rude by several parties.

On CL we certainly allow threads on member problems with our CL vendors and moderators often get involved in notifying the vendor and helping work towards a mutually acceptable resolution. No business is ever 100% perfect and you can tell clearly which vendors care about customer service when there are issues. Sewell is one of those that care; you can read that in their responses and attempts to fix things when others would have told the OP to go pound salt a long time ago.

As in our rules, we view any private messages on our community as just that... private. While we've allowed the related emails to be posted as they furthered your resolution progress, they are clearly intended as private and personal communications. Sewell sharing your emails internal to their business to further customer service is clearly not the same as posting the communications on an open internet forum. Once one of the parties communicating (Sewell in this example) asked you to stop posting their emails on the open internet you ethically should have ceased.

The vendor has been courteous and communicative, they have tried several times to find suitable solutions, they have identified and owned up to an issue with the manufacturing process and pulled the item from general availability and finally they have offered you a refund (which I suspect was available earlier should you have asked for it at any point).

As far as the mod kicking me off, it's not really a big deal I have another email and I can set up my account.
Have to question why you are planning on doing this already, perhaps based on issues you have encountered in other communities? As Thomas mentions above, be aware this is a violation of our terms of service we do take very seriously.

Because of the increasingly rude personal comments above, as well as the clear resolution of a refund being offered to the OP, this thread is closed.