IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Sewell Black chrome Nightmare

Old 01-25-14, 09:50 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Mr. Dill's comment was nothing short of owning up to a flaw in process, and stating they'd actually do something about it. That's how a reputable company works.
Yes, that's how a good company works, but it shouldn't have come to this in the first place.

Before the OP expressed dissatisfaction on this board, he and I were told "emblems may be scratched, nothing we can do, take it or leave it... and if you leave it, we're going to sell them to someone else", which is not right, and only after over 1,000 views of this thread, Sewell seems to have acknowledged a problem.

Nevertheless, don't get me wrong, it's good Sewell seems to have acknowledged a problem, even at this late time, and I look forward to where it goes from here...

Last edited by dbs600; 01-25-14 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-27-14, 09:11 PM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im looking to get a set emblems how come they aren't on the sewell website?
Old 01-27-14, 11:25 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dAiLL3sT
im looking to get a set emblems how come they aren't on the sewell website?
Can someone please confirm if they've removed them or not?

Thanks.
Old 01-28-14, 02:30 AM
F350
Pole Position

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6458.html

the direct link is still up but the link on the Exterior link is gone
Old 01-28-14, 05:33 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not see them anymore on the website... there is a guy on ebay that sells them, not sure of the quality.
Old 01-28-14, 08:07 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by F350
the direct link is still up but the link on the Exterior link is gone
Interesting; thanks.
Old 02-03-14, 05:46 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

Just like I expected Sewell has not done anything further then trying to help this situation other then sending more 2nd grade quality emblems and hoping I would just except them. Here is the email. Let me know if Sewell has helped out any one else that was vocal or has had an issue.

Anthony –

In our best attempt at offering a resolution in the near term, we very humbly ask that you return all 3 emblems. For these emblems, it may allow our operation as a whole to identify in more detail the concerns you have given. Once received, a refund will be given in full. This refund is our humble attempt at allowing us the time we require to provide an acceptable solution. For the return, we ask that you reference the attached file for the prepaid shipping label.

In the meantime, if I may speak candidly, when we are faced with the challenge of public scrutiny with our quoted personal email responses in the Club Lexus forums, we are obligated to immediately notify the forum moderators. Rest assured, while we truly want to help every Lexus owner that we cater to on the forums, we are at times compromised in our ability to do so when faced to not only to demands but to subsequent demands from others. I must ask that you refrain from future posts to your Sewell Black chrome Nightmare.

We will patiently await for your return and could provide you with an opportunity in the future to purchase once again, the Black Pearl rear Lexus emblem.

Respectfully yours,

Darrel Diller
Old 02-03-14, 05:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Seems they tried a few times and you're not satisfied and will get your money back.
Nothing much else they can do.
Old 02-03-14, 07:32 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Antnie2418
Rest assured, while we truly want to help every Lexus owner that we cater to on the forums, we are at times compromised in our ability to do so when faced to not only to demands but to subsequent demands from others. I must ask that you refrain from future posts to your Sewell Black chrome Nightmare.
What does this mean? Your bringing attention to the matter makes it difficult for them to resolve it? Strange. Without this thread, they would have continued to simply offer return and refund if unsatisfied.

Otherwise, not sure why you're still holding 3 emblems of theirs; take detailed pictures and return them ASAP...

Last edited by dbs600; 02-03-14 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-03-14, 07:35 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Nothing much else they can do.
They said they plan to get down to the bottom of this and review pricing as well...
Old 02-03-14, 07:59 AM
Obscene14
Driver

Originally Posted by Antnie2418

In the meantime, if I may speak candidly, when we are faced with the challenge of public scrutiny with our quoted personal email responses in the Club Lexus forums, we are obligated to immediately notify the forum moderators.

Respectfully yours,

Darrel Diller

LOL, sounds like a threat of some sort. A legit company welcomes public scrutiny. Business emails can hardly be called personal imo. Subbed to see if vendors dictate policy here at Club Lexus and the thread gets closed down by the mods. Hopefully it stays open and this ends well for all partied involved.
Old 02-03-14, 08:23 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Obscene14
LOL, sounds like a threat of some sort. A legit company welcomes public scrutiny. Business emails can hardly be called personal imo. Subbed to see if vendors dictate policy here at Club Lexus and the thread gets closed down by the mods. Hopefully it stays open and this ends well for all partied involved.
I too wouldn't consider the e-mails personal, but understand why Sewell doesn't want them posted, which is why I've refrained from doing so in my own dealings with them; somehow not right without asking their permission. OTHERWISE, it's not right that they're asking Antnie to retrain from posting anything at all. Who knows, they may have even asked or plan to ask the moderators to admonish Antnie, which wouldn't be right either.
Old 02-03-14, 09:33 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

You need to stop posting their emails here...it's completely and utterly disrespectful.
Old 02-03-14, 11:36 AM
Antnie2418
Driver

To me it's no different if we have phone call and I write down everything in our conversation. Why is it ok for Sewell to share email with their colleagues but I can't do the same. I am not sure if they do it or not but it's likely they record our phone conversations as well.

How is it disrespectful there is nothing personal nor intimate on these emails. They know I am posting the emails. The only reason why they don't want me posting is because they are not offering any solutions. I even offered two different solutions and they didn't even respond to them. If anything I am shedding an unbiased light on the situation let everyone know their stance. Some people on this thread agree to what Sewell is doing because of the fact I am posting their response. Again I could be a jerk and not post the responses and make the situation look worse then what it is.

As far as the mod kicking me off, it's not really a big deal I have another email and I can set up my account.
Old 02-03-14, 12:07 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

And what is disrespectful about posting these emails and trying to help others with their decisions about buying from Sewell? It's not a private conversation, and them telling their customers to refrain from posting about it, well, that's just shameful. What should be happening instead is the company should be 100% behind their product, at all times, in all circumstances, unless the customer abuses their rights. And everything should be transparent, and no demands made from either party. I personally think Sewell should not only improve their emblems, but their overall customer service in general. Sending someone 3 sets of badges with the same issues is what's disrespectful, if anything. Wasting someone's time going to the post office to ship them back, hoping that the next set will be issue-free, receiving a scratched up set again, and that x 3. That's infuriating at the least. Also, the main and only point of this forum is to help people with their cars, as enthusiasts, or as average drivers looking for advice or assistance, and not to be secretive and hold back useful info, or bash people for posting their frustrations, suggestions, thoughts, etc. The OP made a thread about his dissatisfaction with a given product which, in return, has helped a lot of members here with their decisions about purchasing from Sewell, and in general, just to be cautious about buying items when a demand for quality is above average. Those who gave him hard time for this are the same people who usually do nothing for the forum but clutter threads with useless text. To the OP... those who agree with you, and whom your thread has helped, they do appreciate it. Without threads like this, more members would have to deal with the same frustrations, as I have too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sewell Black chrome Nightmare