IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Special order woes...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-14, 09:41 PM
zabone
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Special order woes...

It has been over 3 months now and still have not gotten any update from dealer. All I know is that I'm on the "list"...

I seriously don't know what to do. Dealer doesn't have a clue.

Any advice, guys?
Old 01-19-14, 09:43 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I suggest calling them and demanding to know what the deal is. Your money will be just as good elsewhere. What 3IS are you getting?

2014 IS 350 F-Sport Ultra White/Rioja Red
Old 01-19-14, 09:43 PM
zabone
Rookie

same color as yours, RWD.
Old 01-19-14, 09:49 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Hm seeing as you live in NY. I can see why the RWD models are hard to get up in the northeast. Especially with white/red. When I got my car in the end of November the dealership told me lexus wasn't shipping any white/red 350s into the northeast for at least 3 months. But I would Definetly go in person maybe and speak to a manager

Old 01-19-14, 09:51 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Some people were reporting 4 months. The dealer won't know much more than you. They will tell you when it gets to the port but even then they won't know how long until it gets to the dealership. My dealership told me the target date but said to expect it later as all their shipments have been coming in 1.5 weeks late ...and even then it was another week late on top of that. Though mine was scheduled on the 22nd so the holidays may have played a factor.
Old 01-19-14, 09:56 PM
zabone
Rookie

I'm just puzzled at why dealerships don't get the same information across the board.

Some CL members got confirmations of order accepted, build date, ship date, delivery, etc.

However, my dealer has not even been able to provide a single update..

Slust: when did you order it, and when did you receive the target delivery date?
Old 01-19-14, 10:14 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Mine technically was not an order. I wanted a car they could see that was being built at their factory in Japan. It was close enough to what I wanted so I went that route. So I'm not the best person to ask, which is why I didn't give my details out. It took a month and they did give me a target date but it came on the 2nd instead of the 22nd.

It seems like most of the people that talked about their orders on these forums were not given a date and their dealership was in the dark. I think mine had a date simply because it was one of their scheduled arrivals so the dealership has to plan for things like that.
Old 01-19-14, 10:19 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't mind me asking where in NY are you ?
Old 01-19-14, 10:23 PM
zabone
Rookie

I live in NYC
Old 01-19-14, 10:30 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealership in north jersey found me a RWD 350 exactly the way i wanted it in one week. The last time i was there (a week ago) they had a fully loaded RWD 350 Nebula Grey with Cabernet Interior.
Old 01-19-14, 10:36 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

From hearing everyone's waiting stories. I consider myself fortunate because I called the dealership to inquire if they had any white/red 350s and they didn't. But the very next day they unexpectedly got one in. That dealerships first and only one they've had thus far. Needless to say the rest is history

Old 01-20-14, 03:42 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the dealer put in a special order for you, that would have been confirmed "in the system" by about the 20th of the month aftter the order The build week would have been available within a month after that, with the actual build happening about two months after the order. You would also have received a signed receipt for the vehicle ordered, options ordered, price paid and deposit rendered.

Possibly, the dealer did not order a specific car for you and is just waiting for a produced car matching you wishes to be available through the normal allocation process. Three months is a very long time not to hear ANYTHING if they, in fact, ordered a car spefically for you.
Old 01-20-14, 03:59 AM
wulfstan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

When we were going to order our UW/Rioha Red/RWD, we did a search if anyone had the car. We found the car in Florida. The dealer tacked on a delivery charge for transporting the car from Tampa, Florida up to Virginia Beach, Virginia, at 1600.00, which we added to the loan.

Our 3 options were, order a car and wait...
Fly to Florida and drive the car back up...
or what we did do, which was ship the car to where we were.

It was cheaper to go this route than to wait.

I would have liked to get some of the other bells and whistles that ordering provides, but if you just want a standard f-sport/ Ultra White/ Rioja Red
Here's an example in South Carolina:
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...60583967&Log=0

This is how I found ours... Autotrader then call the dealer and verify...

Hope this helps and good luck...

Johnny

2014 Monogram Whiteout Scion FR-S (Ordered 1/12/14))

1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S Red Hatchback (AE86) 157k miles
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo Pearl White (MA70) 101k miles
Old 01-20-14, 08:30 AM
bp044
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zabone
I live in NYC
I live in the city as well and am undecided who to buy from. The dealer in the city will not discount an car they have to order . Can you tell me the name of the dealer you are dealing with ?
Old 01-20-14, 08:41 AM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wulfstan
When we were going to order our UW/Rioha Red/RWD, we did a search if anyone had the car. We found the car in Florida. The dealer tacked on a delivery charge for transporting the car from Tampa, Florida up to Virginia Beach, Virginia, at 1600.00, which we added to the loan. Our 3 options were, order a car and wait... Fly to Florida and drive the car back up... or what we did do, which was ship the car to where we were. It was cheaper to go this route than to wait. I would have liked to get some of the other bells and whistles that ordering provides, but if you just want a standard f-sport/ Ultra White/ Rioja Red Here's an example in South Carolina:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...60583967&Log=0

This is how I found ours... Autotrader then call the dealer and verify... Hope this helps and good luck... Johnny __________________
This car had VGRS. Rare find.

Quick Reply: Special order woes...