IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS350 Fsport ipod music sounds slowed down.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-14, 05:08 PM
JoeyProfit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 IS350 Fsport ipod music sounds slowed down.

Anyone having an issue where your iPods music sounds like its slowed down a bit??? I've had it happen a couple of times and can't figure out wtf is going on. If I remove the ipod and plug in my headphones all is good... Any thoughts??
Old 01-17-14, 05:11 PM
Lajick
Driver School Candidate

Are you streaming the ipod's music through the bluetooth or usb/aux?
Old 01-17-14, 06:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Lajick
Are you streaming the ipod's music through the bluetooth or usb/aux?
iPods do not have bluetooth. Only iPhones, iTouches and iPads can stream bluetooth audio. He'd be using the USB since the AUX won't slow it down either
Old 01-17-14, 06:27 PM
Lajick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
iPods do not have bluetooth. Only iPhones, iTouches and iPads can stream bluetooth audio. He'd be using the USB since the AUX won't slow it down either
iPod Touch (4th generation and later) have A2DP, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile allows high quality audio (stereo or mono) to stream from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection. So if you have a 4th gen or later ipod touch you can stream through BT audio.

Last edited by Lajick; 01-17-14 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-17-14, 06:33 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JoeyProfit
Anyone having an issue where your iPods music sounds like its slowed down a bit??? I've had it happen a couple of times and can't figure out wtf is going on. If I remove the ipod and plug in my headphones all is good... Any thoughts??
I use my ipod frequently, but haven't noticed a slow down (just the random audio resets).
Old 01-17-14, 06:51 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Lajick
iPod Touch (4th generation and later) have A2DP, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile allows high quality audio (stereo or mono) to stream from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection. So if you have a 4th gen or later ipod touch you can stream through BT audio.
that's what I said. iPods aka classic do not have bluetooth. You'll note I wrote iTouches aka iPod Touch do have BT.
Old 01-17-14, 08:01 PM
GaryHE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JoeyProfit
It has happened to me a few times as well. When it has occured, it seems to happen when I've shut the car off in the middle of a song and then when I've restarted the car, the playback rate sounds like it is playing at about 3/4 speed. The problem seems like it was helped by a firmware update that I had performed in early October, but it didn't completely eliminate it from happening. I've found that skipping back to the beginning of the song (or advancing to the next song) allows the playback speed to return to its proper rate. It happens so seldom now that I haven't looked into it any further (e.g., does it happen only on songs of a certain bit rate?). I used the same iPod (160 GB Classic) in a VW and Acura before I purchased my IS 350, and I never had this issue.

I also had an issue where the Nav/Audio system would "forget" the iPod song library every time the car was shut off. I have a rather large music library (roughly 5,000 songs), so it would take about 15 minutes to reload the library. While it was doing so, I couldn't search for music using voice command. This was a really big annoyance for me. Fortunately, the firmware update (V10A8400) took care of this issue. Still have a few odd things going on such as random Nav system reboots on rare occasions, and sometimes the Nav/audio system "forgets" that there is an iPod attached to the USB port. There is another new firmware update available (V10A8500). I will have this version installed once my dealer has received it (about a week or so). Hopefully, this update will resolve the remaining issues.

Last edited by GaryHE; 01-17-14 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-20-14, 10:10 AM
JoeyProfit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GaryHE
It has happened to me a few times as well. When it has occured, it seems to happen when I've shut the car off in the middle of a song and then when I've restarted the car, the playback rate sounds like it is playing at about 3/4 speed. The problem seems like it was helped by a firmware update that I had performed in early October, but it didn't completely eliminate it from happening. I've found that skipping back to the beginning of the song (or advancing to the next song) allows the playback speed to return to its proper rate. It happens so seldom now that I haven't looked into it any further (e.g., does it happen only on songs of a certain bit rate?). I used the same iPod (160 GB Classic) in a VW and Acura before I purchased my IS 350, and I never had this issue. I also had an issue where the Nav/Audio system would "forget" the iPod song library every time the car was shut off. I have a rather large music library (roughly 5,000 songs), so it would take about 15 minutes to reload the library. While it was doing so, I couldn't search for music using voice command. This was a really big annoyance for me. Fortunately, the firmware update (V10A8400) took care of this issue. Still have a few odd things going on such as random Nav system reboots on rare occasions, and sometimes the Nav/audio system "forgets" that there is an iPod attached to the USB port. There is another new firmware update available (V10A8500). I will have this version installed once my dealer has received it (about a week or so). Hopefully, this update will resolve the remaining issues.
I'm also using an iPod classic 160gb. I will check with the dealer for the firmware update. Thanks for the input...
Old 01-20-14, 10:12 AM
JoeyProfit
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input I'm also using a 160gb ipod classic. I will check with the dealer for the firmware update.