IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Driver's Seat Comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-14, 06:12 AM
VGer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Seat Comfort?

So I've had my new IS for a few weeks, and initially the driver's seat was comfortable, but as the weeks have gone by, it seems the seat is growing more uncomfortable? It has the power lumbar support, however even when it is fully retracted it feels like there is a bar going across the back of the seat. Anyone else having comfort issues?
Old 01-11-14, 06:36 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Interestingly I was thinking the other day that the seats seemed to have conformed with my body type much like memory foam.
Old 01-11-14, 07:11 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What trim do you have? Leather or NuLuxe?
Old 01-11-14, 07:14 AM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by jhs82
What trim do you have? Leather or NuLuxe?
Leather, heated and ventilated as well.
Old 01-11-14, 07:23 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VGer
Leather, heated and ventilated as well.
I have no issues at all with my leather seats. Really comfy.
Old 01-11-14, 08:21 AM
hoosier1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only disappointment with the power leather seats is the lumbar support that does not raise or lower in the seat. Over the first few weeks the seat was adjusted several times to get the right personal fit. Try different adjustment settings until you find one that works for you. The seats are very good, and with all the available adjustments, it's all about getting the settings dialed in.

Last edited by hoosier1; 01-11-14 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-11-14, 08:57 AM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Im having trouble finding that "sweet spot" with the seat lol. im 5'10" and I don't like sitting to far back but if I sit to far back I feel like I cant see. so when I raise the seat to the perfect height I bang my knees when I get in the car. hopefully ifi keep playing with it ill figure it out. as for me the seat are pretty comfortable although I do notice my neck starts to hurt me sometimes if I rest my head on the headrest for to long. that might just be me though
Old 01-11-14, 09:11 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Sorry to hear that. For me, 3 months in, these are still the most comfortable seats I've ever had.
Old 01-11-14, 09:12 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Nuluxe foam injected. Seemed a little narrow at 1st but as stated they seem to have adapted to my body type. Took a 1500 mile trip and was comfortable the whole way. The same trip in my Genesis and my legs hurt un the back of the thigh. Acura makes probably the best seats I've had.
Old 01-11-14, 09:41 AM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Glashub
I have the Nuluxe foam injected. Seemed a little narrow at 1st but as stated they seem to have adapted to my body type. Took a 1500 mile trip and was comfortable the whole way. The same trip in my Genesis and my legs hurt un the back of the thigh. Acura makes probably the best seats I've had.
^^^ Narrow is such an accurate term! But after a few days they become the best seats ever! They hug/envelop you
Old 01-11-14, 09:59 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shivad87
Im having trouble finding that "sweet spot" with the seat lol. im 5'10" and I don't like sitting to far back but if I sit to far back I feel like I cant see. so when I raise the seat to the perfect height I bang my knees when I get in the car. hopefully ifi keep playing with it ill figure it out. as for me the seat are pretty comfortable although I do notice my neck starts to hurt me sometimes if I rest my head on the headrest for to long. that might just be me though
I had the same problem finding the right position . Anyway if you like staying on the front try raising the whole seat , but don't hit the roof and raise the front of the seats little bit higher than the back of the seat and this will correct the seating and adjust the distance between you and the pedals .
Old 02-19-14, 07:08 PM
AZCOSIS350
Driver School Candidate

I purchased my IS350 two weeks ago, and already have 1500 miles on it (long commute to work). My issue is my tailbone is killing me. I feel that same bar under my butt felling. I have poked around the seat and think there just isn't enough padding. I have adjusted the seat position and lumbar every possible way. Can't believe my awesome new car would have such an odd issue. By the way it is Nuluxe heated and ventilated.

I will call service tomorrow and see what their thoughts are...
Old 02-19-14, 08:04 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not very tall 5" 6. But the seats are amazing.

The thigh support is plush, the side bolstering is just right. My lumbar setting is low and it supports great
Old 02-20-14, 12:22 AM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My GS (leather) has done the same thing. They continually get less supportive as the days go by. This is expected with leather as it breaks down overtime. Without a doubt i prefer the nuluxe seats in my IS and they are still as comfortable as the day i bought the car.
Old 02-20-14, 07:54 AM
DizzyEdge
Driver School Candidate

Mine is comfortable & got better over time...but for some reason I find the passenger seat uncomfortable around the shoulders.
Even in the test drive at the dealership I noticed it when my wife was driving.

I don't really care though, cause i'll rarely be in that seat.

Quick Reply: Driver's Seat Comfort?