IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Best intake out now for 3is???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-14, 08:09 AM
Therealman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best intake out now for 3is???

Looking to add an intake to my 3is 350 fsport . But can't decide which one give the best performance and sound for the value? And will this hurt or damage the engine in any way or void any warranty? Pleas help and post your opinion thanks
Old 01-09-14, 11:53 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Therealman
Looking to add an intake to my 3is 350 fsport . But can't decide which one give the best performance and sound for the value? And will this hurt or damage the engine in any way or void any warranty? Pleas help and post your opinion thanks
everyone will have their own opinion on this and so i'm just sharing my own experiences, not saying its the say all, end all or anything.

In terms of issues, the only issue i had when i was running an aftermarket intake only on my DC5, after like 50K miles, my engine started acting up. one day i started it up and it would rev by itself up to 2-2500 rpm constantly. kept doing it quite a few occasions. took it to the shop and the guy said the engine was consuming too much air and suggested i go back to the stock box.

an intake in general can be made up of anything (plastic, metal, rubber) with a filter at the end. some people have certain reasons for running certain intakes (metal piping vs rubber piping, or x filter vs y filter). you're not really going to feel any major gains on the intake alone, but just hear it. anyone that says otherwise, i'll be happy to call bs out on it. there is no humanly possible way to feel the difference in 300hp vs 307 hp for example, which is what the average intake gain will give you. put on headers, downpipe, exhaust basic bolt-ons and if tuned a little, you may have some good gains and then will you be able to feel, see, hear the difference.

again, just my opinion.. [now just sitting and waiting for others to thrash and say i'm wrong]...