IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lease Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-14, 01:40 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lease Comparison

Wondering anyone has compared the lease they have LFS with Lease Guide or Edmunds to see how close they are. Im in process of getting the wife a ES 350 and the lease difference is around $50.00 a month or so running the same numbers on other calculators. Granted I have not seen actual paperwork yet with the dealer to see what they are actually using for numbers, we are trading emails and phone calls for now, Thanks
Old 01-08-14, 01:49 PM
Reeladdict
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are using all the correct numbers (money factor, term, cap cost, etc.) then your numbers should be the exact same. If they are $50 higher they are likely screwing you somehow, either higher money factor, or making your cap higher.

Also they might be messing up, or you might be messing up on the taxes and stuff.
Old 01-08-14, 02:42 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
Wondering anyone has compared the lease they have LFS with Lease Guide or Edmunds to see how close they are. Im in process of getting the wife a ES 350 and the lease difference is around $50.00 a month or so running the same numbers on other calculators. Granted I have not seen actual paperwork yet with the dealer to see what they are actually using for numbers, we are trading emails and phone calls for now, Thanks
I used Edmunds lease calculator and it was dead on. I liked Edmunds because they ask for a zipcode, with that they determined the tax rate.
Old 01-08-14, 03:03 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Reeladdict
If you are using all the correct numbers (money factor, term, cap cost, etc.) then your numbers should be the exact same. If they are $50 higher they are likely screwing you somehow, either higher money factor, or making your cap higher.

Also they might be messing up, or you might be messing up on the taxes and stuff.
I got a feeling they are using a higher MF I was quoted .002 and if you use .0029 it brings it up the figure they quoted me. But dealers wouldn't do that would they?
Old 01-08-14, 03:04 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Prepboy607
I used Edmunds lease calculator and it was dead on. I liked Edmunds because they ask for a zipcode, with that they determined the tax rate.
Edmunds is much better, you can change the lease miles per year also, thanks
Old 01-08-14, 05:34 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Weren't you leasing the IS? How did that go?

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-08-14 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-09-14, 04:09 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Weren't you leasing the IS? How did that go?
Haven't got it yet, few more weeks from what Im told
Old 01-09-14, 05:22 AM
Reeladdict
Driver

I got a feeling they are using a higher MF I was quoted .002 and if you use .0029 it brings it up the figure they quoted me. But dealers wouldn't do that would they?
Of course they would. They make money selling you on a higher interest rate.
Old 01-09-14, 11:25 AM
stupenal
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For leases, dealers are allowed to markup the money factor at their wish. You need to get a copy of the lease worksheet and look at the money factor amount.

They can also mark up the acquisition fee from $700 to $900+ if they so please. This fee is buried in the "Taxes" section of the lease worksheet, so it's hard to see how much it is. You'll need to recalculate everything yourself to see if they marked this fee up.

There are also additional fees relating to your state that you need to account for. For CA, we have the tire disposal fee, dmv title fees, dmv electronic filing fee, taxes on cap cost reduction, doc fee (in CA dealers cannot charge more than $80 by law, in other states dealers can do as they please so watch this fee and negotiate it if possible), and taxes on the monthly.

I've studied leases for awhile and even then, it was easy to not spot a lot of things because they try and keep the information as muddled as possible. I built my own lease calculation model and used it religiously to find where they were trying to hose me.