IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

It's official. I'm a 2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport owner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-14, 04:30 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's official. I'm a 2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport owner!

Even with the -20 degree temperature from polar vortex we had I went in today to make my purchase official. After 3 months and 2 weeks, my impatiently awaited car arrived today at my dealer!

Unfortunately currently I don't have any pictures of the cleaned up car and I had to leave my car there to have them install the LED Fog lights. They did give me a GS to drive home though! I'm hoping I can pick it up tomorrow and have my car detailed and opti-coated this weekend before it gets the PPF & tint in couple of weeks.

One minor disappointment I had today was that I didn't get set of F-Sport key gloves apparently because I removed the accessories packages. On the positive side document fee which I thought was going to be in hundreds of dollars was only $75.

Otherwise I was able to get the car exactly how I ordered it for the price we agreed on plus the $750 LFS rebate.

Thank you all for keeping me informed and entertained through the long wait. I looked today and I noticed I had 800+ posts! LOL!

Here are some pictures of the car as it rolled of the delivery truck!

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-06-14 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-06-14, 04:42 PM
semoquer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did they extend dtr rebate for you?
Old 01-06-14, 04:45 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Congrats

I like it better with snow on it.
Old 01-06-14, 04:46 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, congratulations Sony! I waited about the same amount of time, taking delivery in the middle of December. It seems like we just went through this sort of wierd car pregnancy together, along with the few others!

Well, enjoy your car! I sure am with mine.
Old 01-06-14, 04:46 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Congratulations!

You're not standing next to it.
Old 01-06-14, 04:47 PM
Base9se
Rookie

Congrats. Wait, F-sport and they're installing fog lights? I can't wait to see them installed.
Old 01-06-14, 05:05 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Sony. Ask the salesman for the key gloves again. I got 2 of them and 2 keyfobs. Remind him Lexus is suppose to be all about premium service -- how could he ever let you walk out the door without a key glove.
Old 01-06-14, 05:13 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by semoquer
did they extend dtr rebate for you?
Yes they did. When I talked to Lexus corporate they told me they were going to extend it for all until 1/6 but my sales rep told me he was given green light to honor beyond 1/6, not sure from who.

Originally Posted by waxy
Congrats

I like it better with snow on it.
Haha yeah. How many delivery photos do you see with tape and snow on the car still!

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Well, congratulations Sony! I waited about the same amount of time, taking delivery in the middle of December. It seems like we just went through this sort of wierd car pregnancy together, along with the few others!

Well, enjoy your car! I sure am with mine.
Thank you CtSFox for all your information. I didn't even knew about the $750 rebate until I read your post here!

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Congratulations!

You're not standing next to it.
I was supposed to get the red bow too but I guess since my car didn't make the 12/23 delivery date bows must have been put away!

Originally Posted by Base9se
Congrats. Wait, F-sport and they're installing fog lights? I can't wait to see them installed.
They were pretty amazed to see the JDM fog lights and the stalk. They were supposed to call me to confirm time estimate but I never heard back. Perhaps they are still trying to figure out how to install it. I also gave them the puddle light LEDs to install since it sounds like that is the most tricky one to install. I'll install the rest when I get the car.
Old 01-06-14, 05:21 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Congrats Sony. Ask the salesman for the key gloves again. I got 2 of them and 2 keyfobs. Remind him Lexus is suppose to be all about premium service -- how could he ever let you walk out the door without a key glove.
I don't think they have any laying around without taking it from another car. If they could provide it that would be great but they are only ~$10/ea so I could just pick them up when I need it. However I did get smart card key for $231 so I'm hoping to keep this in my wallet and not use the other key fobs. And since there is no memory seats my wife is not allowed to use my car! I'm sticking by my reasoning on this! Honestly I think she wants my car......

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-06-14 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-06-14, 05:37 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Grats! Check your trunk or glove box for the gloves. You never know.
Old 01-06-14, 05:41 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
Grats! Check your trunk or glove box for the gloves. You never know.
Both my sales guy and I looked in the glove box but we didn't see it unfortunately.
Old 01-06-14, 06:02 PM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Sony! The day is finally here. Enjoy your beautiful ride!
Old 01-06-14, 06:02 PM
sportscar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Even with the -20 degree temperature from polar vortex we had I went in today to make my purchase official. After 3 months and 2 weeks, my impatiently awaited car arrived today at my dealer!

Unfortunately currently I don't have any pictures of the cleaned up car and I had to leave my car there to have them install the LED Fog lights. They did give me a GS to drive home though! I'm hoping I can pick it up tomorrow and have my car detailed and opti-coated this weekend before it gets the PPF & tint in couple of weeks.

One minor disappointment I had today was that I didn't get set of F-Sport key gloves apparently because I removed the accessories packages. On the positive side document fee which I thought was going to be in hundreds of dollars was only $75.

Otherwise I was able to get the car exactly how I ordered it for the price we agreed on plus the $750 LFS rebate.

Thank you all for keeping me informed and entertained through the long wait. I looked today and I noticed I had 800+ posts! LOL!

Here are some pictures of the car as it rolled of the delivery truck!

Congratulations Sony. Great looking car. Enjoy, drive safely and have fun.
Old 01-06-14, 06:09 PM
caesosa
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats! gonna love it!
Old 01-06-14, 06:13 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

SEE!! i told ya it would all work out!

congrats!

i didn't see the PCS button on the steering wheel did you get that?

Quick Reply: It's official. I'm a 2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport owner!