IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS250 makes 10 worst cars of 2013

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-13, 08:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I might use Consumer Reports to research a vacuum cleaner, but certainly not a car.
Old 12-31-13, 08:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by tea
i just think it's funny that when a reviewer, any reviewer, bashes on your car, they are biased,don't know what they are talking about, and a BMW fan. Then comes along a raving review on your car, and that person is the greatest reviewer in the world. ALL cars have their pros and cons, even Lexus. IMO, I totally agree on this review regarding the interior. Not a fan at all. The 250 might not be fast, but it is fast ENOUGH for daily driving
I think its one thing to say the IS 250 has opportunities but to say its one of the worst cars is ridiculous. I've driven dozens of cars this year and I can name quite a few way worse.

The issue is the IS is so far to the damn left in the sport quotient being LFA influenced that a lot of people JUST WON'T GET IT. The IS does't need to have a HINT of Vanilla, they have the ES for that. Most brands have one car in this class that has to blend EVERYTHING together.

The IS has the luxury of not needing to be ALL THINGS TO ALL PEOPLE like most cars that are not sports cars.

Sales are up past targets. The car handles best in class. So what if it doesn't have a couple features, apparently people that like to DRIVE don't care.
Old 12-31-13, 10:16 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Nothing to do with bias. Case in point. In 2012, the newly designed Honda Civic was not recommended by CR because of cheap interior plastic, mediocre ride/handling, and elevated noise levels. I'm not an ambassador for Honda by all means, but as I live and breathe (and having owned 20) cars all my life, I know the good buys from the less good ones and I therefore lost credibility for CR's rating there and then. One of the most dependable vehicles in the compact class alongside the Corolla, and it's not recommended? With the IS 250's worst car rating, this worsens their credibility as an automotive reviewing authority when the overwhelming majority of professional automotive journalists praise those same points claimed to be poor (interior quality/design/space, handling, comfort, etc). Extrapolating their review to the 350, it should only score marginally better overall (if at all) due to added points for acceleration but negative points for worse fuel economy and weight (will they find the handling worse?) That will be the nail in the coffin for CR (for me anyway).
not defending CR's opinions, but have you seen the 2012 Civics? That interior was absolutely horrible. i wasn't saying that CR was either right or wrong, just saying they bring up some valid points that people will agree one. I just happen to be one of those people that does not like the interior of the IS.