IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Losing DTR Rebate because Lexus can't deliver on-time!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-14, 03:43 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
I sure hope so Crazy. I was really hoping it would get here by today, 1/6, so i can take advantage of the extended rebates. However, ETA just got pushed to 1/6-1/8.
There was some confusion on which rebates I qualified for but they still honored their price estimate they gave me to me last month.

Since it only said $750 rebate on the estimate at first they were thinking it was the Military rebate but you have to be current Active Duty (so no reserve, no civy, etc.) with the proper paperwork. I thought a CAC would work, nope. Then they thought it was the Lexus Loan rebate which is also $750 but it only applies to the IS 250. So I didn't end up qualifying for any rebate at the time of purchase but they still honored the price quote. I don't know how they're going to handle it but that's up to them to figure out.

They don't see many Rioja 350s at this dealership, nor ML equipped cars so it's not like they would have had a hard time selling the car if I said no. They did an outstanding job on customer service so if a dealer wants to honor a price quote they give they can. Whether they do or not is going to depend on the dealer but it is most certainly within their power.

They even gave me additional deals on top so it's not like I pressed them too hard. So when your guy's cars come keep pressing and good luck!
Old 01-06-14, 03:49 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slust
There was some confusion on which rebates I qualified for but they still honored their price estimate they gave me to me last month.

Since it only said $750 rebate on the estimate at first they were thinking it was the Military rebate but you have to be current Active Duty (so no reserve, no civy, etc.) with the proper paperwork. I thought a CAC would work, nope. Then they thought it was the Lexus Loan rebate which is also $750 but it only applies to the IS 250. So I didn't end up qualifying for any rebate at the time of purchase but they still honored the price quote. I don't know how they're going to handle it but that's up to them to figure out.

They don't see many Rioja 350s at this dealership, nor ML equipped cars so it's not like they would have had a hard time selling the car if I said no. They did an outstanding job on customer service so if a dealer wants to honor a price quote they give they can. Whether they do or not is going to depend on the dealer but it is most certainly within their power.

They even gave me additional deals on top so it's not like I pressed them too hard. So when your guy's cars come keep pressing and good luck!
Interesting...I got the $750 Lexus Loan rebate on my IS350. In fact, they approached me about this
DTR incentive. Perhaps a regional difference.
Old 01-06-14, 03:56 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Interesting...I got the $750 Lexus Loan rebate on my IS350. In fact, they approached me about this
Can you clarify so we can be clear? By Lexus loan rebate I assume you meant that you financed with Lexus and in doing so, they gave you $750, right? Mind if I ask when you made the transaction?
Old 01-06-14, 04:02 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CtSFox
They said some of the rebates vary by region. They showed me the rebate book and it clearly stated IS 250. They showed me the wording on the Military rebate too. They said they were gonna have to pretty much create a rebate for me just so they could honor the deal.

I'm surprised they let me pick my tint place and use their pricing instead of the Lexus price just so I could get a loaner car. That was pretty sweet.
Old 01-06-14, 04:20 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slust
They said some of the rebates vary by region. They showed me the rebate book and it clearly stated IS 250. They showed me the wording on the Military rebate too. They said they were gonna have to pretty much create a rebate for me just so they could honor the deal.

I'm surprised they let me pick my tint place and use their pricing instead of the Lexus price just so I could get a loaner car. That was pretty sweet.
Pretty impressive customer service, for sure!
Old 01-06-14, 05:01 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Sony, any progress on your end brother?
I picked up the car today and they gave me the $750 rebate for using LFS. I put $500 down on CC and wrote a check for most of it and left few thousand for LFS and they told me I could pay the rest off in 30 days.
Old 01-06-14, 06:53 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I picked up the car today and they gave me the $750 rebate for using LFS. I put $500 down on CC and wrote a check for most of it and left few thousand for LFS and they told me I could pay the rest off in 30 days.
That's a really smart move Sony. I was going to finance the whole thing, minus my dp, and then refi with my credit union a month later. Now I'm going to do what you did, bring in my credit union check for the majority of the cost, some cash dp, and finance 1-2k with LFS. I would be saving several hundred in interest going this route.

Do you know if LFS has a minimum you have to finance with in order to get that rebate?
Old 01-06-14, 07:56 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

That's a really smart move Sony. I was going to finance the whole thing, minus my dp, and then refi with my credit union a month later. Now I'm going to do what you did, bring in my credit union check for the majority of the cost, some cash dp, and finance 1-2k with LFS. I would be saving several hundred in interest going this route.

Do you know if LFS has a minimum you have to finance with in order to get that rebate?
Another member stated $10k minimum for 12 months but when I asked the sales rep and the finance guy at the dealer they said there is no specific terms. He told me I could pay it off in 30 days with no issues.
Old 01-07-14, 08:44 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info... i hope i'll still get the rebates if financing only 1 or 2k with lexus.