Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Losing DTR Rebate because Lexus can't deliver on-time!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-13, 06:27 AM   #16
Endaar
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ny
Posts: 21
Default

As I noted earlier, rebates are inherently going to be independent of the financial company. (Subsidized rates are different.) Really your dealer needs to call their manufacturer rep. I don't think there's much you can do as the customer. Truthfully though, you're talking about a one week delay in delivery if I follow you correctly...while that's a big week in terms of rebates I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus refuses to do anything. Delivery dates are not set in stone.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Endaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 08:09 AM   #17
CtSFox
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endaar View Post
As I noted earlier, rebates are inherently going to be independent of the financial company. (Subsidized rates are different.) Really your dealer needs to call their manufacturer rep. I don't think there's much you can do as the customer. Truthfully though, you're talking about a one week delay in delivery if I follow you correctly...while that's a big week in terms of rebates I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus refuses to do anything. Delivery dates are not set in stone.
While I wish you good luck Sony, I believe Endaar is correct. I have always special ordered my cars, never bought one off the lot. In each and every case, including my recent 3IS purchase, the dealer was clear that I would be entitled to only those incentives in effect on the day I took delivery of the vehicle.
__________________
2014 IS350 F Sport, Nebula Grey/Rioja Red, AWD, ML
CtSFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 09:26 AM   #18
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endaar View Post
As I noted earlier, rebates are inherently going to be independent of the financial company. (Subsidized rates are different.) Really your dealer needs to call their manufacturer rep. I don't think there's much you can do as the customer. Truthfully though, you're talking about a one week delay in delivery if I follow you correctly...while that's a big week in terms of rebates I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus refuses to do anything. Delivery dates are not set in stone.
If it was only delayed a week there wouldn't be a problem but it could be delayed 2 weeks which would put me beyond 1/2.

You may be right about Lexus not doing anything for it since they profit from not having to give the rebate.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 09:29 AM   #19
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtSFox View Post
While I wish you good luck Sony, I believe Endaar is correct. I have always special ordered my cars, never bought one off the lot. In each and every case, including my recent 3IS purchase, the dealer was clear that I would be entitled to only those incentives in effect on the day I took delivery of the vehicle.
Thanks for the information. What I'm frustrated with is if the car was delivered somewhat on time I would be ok but no one can tell me where the car is currently and status of when it would be delivered. Their normal timeline they stated would take have past.

If my car wasn't supposed to be here until after 1/2 to start with then I wouldn't have any issues.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 10:56 AM   #20
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

I did contact Lexus Corporate and they told me that Lexus will be extending the finance rebate publicly for everyone until 1/6 and I should have my car by then. I really hope my car does show up soon.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 10:57 AM   #21
calvinnr
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 11
Default

May I ask which dealership this is? That sucks!
calvinnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 11:04 AM   #22
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinnr View Post
May I ask which dealership this is? That sucks!
I don't think it's dealer's fault since they are waiting for the cars just like me. One thing I do wish is that dealers have better information about the status of my car during transport to know exactly where it is. They are clueless as much as I'm.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 06:13 AM   #23
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
AdvanSLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 420
Default

Hey Sony I called the customer assistance phone line (corporate I guess you can say) and the girl said they couldn't really do anything or really know anything about the rebates.. transferred me to lexus financial and the guy there said they don't handle that area and to call corporate back... didn't get anywhere so i just hung up. yeah more than likely, we won't be able to get them rebates.. 1750 pissed down the drain just like that FML!
AdvanSLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 07:43 AM   #24
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanSLF View Post
Hey Sony I called the customer assistance phone line (corporate I guess you can say) and the girl said they couldn't really do anything or really know anything about the rebates.. transferred me to lexus financial and the guy there said they don't handle that area and to call corporate back... didn't get anywhere so i just hung up. yeah more than likely, we won't be able to get them rebates.. 1750 pissed down the drain just like that FML!
When is your car scheduled to arrive at dealership?
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:45 AM   #25
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
AdvanSLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 420
Default

they said the car arrived at NY's port on 12/29. processing is going to be today. they gave me no further info or ETA when it could arrive on the lot.

I don't know how long processing is or delivery for that matter, but i hope it gets here by 1/6. I mean it's only a 4-5 hour drive from NY to the DMV area. Even with some stops in between to unload cars, I can't imagine it would take more than a couple days..really crossing my fingers, praying, doing the chicken-shuffle-electric slide dance hoping that it'll be here on the 6th!

btw, are certain the lexus is extending their DTR rebate deals etc., to 1/6? I haven't seen anything announced online.. just called the dealer he said he'll research and call me back at noon. did you confirm with your dealer to see if it'll be extended?
AdvanSLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 01:18 PM   #26
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
AdvanSLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 420
Default

Quick update: Dealer called me and said to send my insurance and transcript information over.. he seemed like he was in a rush but all he could say was the manager is authorizing a call in. he didn't quite have time to explain what a call in was, but from the bits and pieces i picked up of his foreign accent, he implied that either some action or some paper will start so that it can include the LSF financing rebate. i asked if i needed to come in and sign anything but he said no, not now. not sure how this all will pan out but hell i don't care.. just hope i get that rebate (plus the graduate student rebate as well).

Anyone with experience on this "call in" thing, please share. otherwise, i'll update you later Sony.
AdvanSLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 01:08 PM   #27
Slust
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Slust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NM
Posts: 300
Default

The dealership honored the price estimate they gave me and gave me additional deals on top of that. They really went above and beyond in customer service. I did have to press the issue a bit but really not that hard. If you'd like more details I'd be happy to share.
Slust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 04:56 PM   #28
crazych42
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanSLF View Post
Quick update: Dealer called me and said to send my insurance and transcript information over.. he seemed like he was in a rush but all he could say was the manager is authorizing a call in. he didn't quite have time to explain what a call in was, but from the bits and pieces i picked up of his foreign accent, he implied that either some action or some paper will start so that it can include the LSF financing rebate. i asked if i needed to come in and sign anything but he said no, not now. not sure how this all will pan out but hell i don't care.. just hope i get that rebate (plus the graduate student rebate as well).

Anyone with experience on this "call in" thing, please share. otherwise, i'll update you later Sony.
Sounds like they are "processing" your purchase i.e. doing the final paper work which technically should start the delivery process whether the car is physically on the lot or not. It sound like they are doing what they can to knowing the car is in route.
crazych42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 01:15 PM   #29
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
AdvanSLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 420
Default

I sure hope so Crazy. I was really hoping it would get here by today, 1/6, so i can take advantage of the extended rebates. However, ETA just got pushed to 1/6-1/8.
AdvanSLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 01:17 PM   #30
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
AdvanSLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post
I did contact Lexus Corporate and they told me that Lexus will be extending the finance rebate publicly for everyone until 1/6 and I should have my car by then. I really hope my car does show up soon.
Sony, any progress on your end brother?
AdvanSLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 01:17 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! (help me understand something about a rebate) ohyun513o GS - Fourth Generation 1 07-24-14 06:11 PM
Questions on special ordering process/allocating a 2015 IS250 F Sport RWD? gm4life IS - Third Generation 5 07-05-14 05:35 PM
Financing Rebates alpha12 IS - Third Generation 6 06-15-14 08:03 AM
First Time Buyer Program Rsnic IS - Third Generation 4 12-13-13 08:24 AM
December to Remember Question bigtang1 IS - Third Generation 18 11-09-13 11:35 PM


Tags
2014, coast, ct200, delivery, lexus, west

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info