IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Just placed my order

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-13, 06:08 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just placed my order

Just realized the fact that I couldn't find the IS I want anywhere in the states. So sadly I special ordered one today and who knows when I will see it. Even the dealer couldn't tell!!! I hate waiting with no dates. Can you help me please to have an estimate with recent IS orders. Please don't say four months :-)
Old 12-21-13, 06:19 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hushero
Just realized the fact that I couldn't find the IS I want anywhere in the states. So sadly I special ordered one today and who knows when I will see it. Even the dealer couldn't tell!!! I hate waiting with no dates. Can you help me please to have an estimate with recent IS orders. Please don't say four months :-)
Most special orders discussed on this forum have taken between three and four months. I ordered my car on August 13th and took delivery on December 11th. I wanted AWD and ML, not a combination routinely sent to the Northeast, so I had to order. Long wait to be sure, but worth it to get what I wanted.

What are the particulars of your order?
Old 12-21-13, 06:20 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 to 4 months is the wait and possibly longer if you run into situations at the port. My car arrived at Portland port 12/6 and it took them 12 days to get it on the rail. Dealer said another 2 weeks to arrive at the dealer so just this part of the process took a month for me.
Old 12-21-13, 06:30 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
3 to 4 months is the wait and possibly longer if you run into situations at the port. My car arrived at Portland port 12/6 and it took them 12 days to get it on the rail. Dealer said another 2 weeks to arrive at the dealer so just this part of the process took a month for me.
Yes, lots of variables. My car was delivered to the Northeast, so long trip through the Panama Canal, up the East coast. However, my dealership was only a 1 1/2 hour truck trip from the port. I know some others on the forum have had cars delivered to Colorado, so they might be able to give you a time estimate that applies to where you live.
Old 12-21-13, 06:38 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok 3 months. The wait was bad during the last week when the dealer emailed me saying it was arriving. Congrats.
Old 12-21-13, 08:41 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

Might as well wait for the 2015's.
Old 12-21-13, 09:33 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Al, since we both live in colorado and we both special ordered i hate to tell you this but it will be every bit of 4 months for you because you missed the 17th of the month deadline. your order will not even be entered into the system until the 17th, and then its a 90 day wait from there at least.
Old 12-21-13, 09:50 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
Al, since we both live in colorado and we both special ordered i hate to tell you this but it will be every bit of 4 months for you because you missed the 17th of the month deadline. your order will not even be entered into the system until the 17th, and then its a 90 day wait from there at least.
I'm not sure if that deadline of 17th or 20th is for real. For example I ordered my car on 9/23 and I was supposed to get it by 12/23 but now it looks like i will have it ~12/30 because it got stuck at Portland port for 2 weeks.
Old 12-22-13, 02:04 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by amoney805
Might as well wait for the 2015's.
Yeah, but if you special order a 2015 then you are looking at that same four month waiting period. So then you might as well wait for a 2016, etc., etc., etc.
Old 12-22-13, 11:39 AM
semoquer
Rookie

I ordered Oct 10th and still haven't heard anything yet... Maybe my dealer sucks or somethings wrong. Any suggestions, guys?
Old 12-22-13, 11:43 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by semoquer
I ordered Oct 10th and still haven't heard anything yet... Maybe my dealer sucks or somethings wrong. Any suggestions, guys?
You should have confirmation for your order and perhaps even a build date and perhaps even a ship date. If your dealer isn't providing this information you may have ask like I had to.
Old 12-22-13, 11:46 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by semoquer
Even if one assumes that the order was "officialy" precessed on 10/20, it has been about two months. I would think that the build week for your car should be coming right up. Your dealer will be notified when the production day(s) is set, so I would contact them tomorrow if I were you.
Old 12-30-13, 11:56 AM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and thoughts about my question and sorry for my late reply as this is my season in traveling around. In fact I am writing from the air plane heading to NYC.

The good news is, my dealer just confirmed that they already submitted my order before the deadline of DEC 20th. However, they saying the order have been accepted by Lexus but it showing as "On Hold" no one sure why. Also, they couldn't confirm the build and delivery dates. The manager is saying 60 days...! :-)

Comparing to what you guys gone through I feel this salesman is not honest somehow. I already have put my deposit tho. Will I have the right to take my deposit back if they took more than 60 days to deliver the car?
Old 12-30-13, 12:05 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Most special orders discussed on this forum have taken between three and four months. I ordered my car on August 13th and took delivery on December 11th. I wanted AWD and ML, not a combination routinely sent to the Northeast, so I had to order. Long wait to be sure, but worth it to get what I wanted. What are the particulars of your order?
350 AWD
F Sport
BSM
ML
PCS
Ultra white exterior
Black interior

Wasn't sure tho about the power sunshade so didn't add it, since I felt it's more luxurious option and might be weird to have it on a F sport packaged car. Also, I hate any minimal noise on brand new car haha
Old 12-31-13, 04:57 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the order! My order was also accepted on 20 Dec and I am expecting 90 days to the east coast.

IS350 RWD
UW/Roja Red
F-sport
ML
BSM
VGRS
PCS/Radar cruise

Quick Reply: Just placed my order