IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

How many miles on the special order when you picked it up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 03:50 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many miles on the special order when you picked it up?

Just wondering how many miles you had on your special order when you picked it up. I would assume no other potential buyers drove it so it would be very low miles like < 5 miles?
Old 12-17-13, 04:28 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Five miles on mine.
Old 12-17-13, 04:44 PM
hoosier1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Purchased my car the day it arrived at the dealership. It had 5 miles at delivery.
Old 12-17-13, 04:46 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Interesting everyone had 5 miles!?
Old 12-17-13, 04:55 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Interesting everyone had 5 miles!?

Interesting though, I went on lexus drivers before I took possession to look at the service history. The predelivery inspection was noted, with the mileage listed as twelve. Yet, when I picked it up, there were five miles on the odometer.

The service facility for this dealership is down the same road in a town adjacent to that of the dealership. Perhaps, they wanted to give themselves a cushion in case there was an extra trip back and forth before delivvery?
Old 12-17-13, 04:55 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine actually had 8 miles on it when we picked it up. So I break the trend!

Last edited by moose66; 12-17-13 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-17-13, 05:03 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Interesting though, I went on lexus drivers before I took possession to look at the service history. The predelivery inspection was noted, with the mileage listed as twelve. Yet, when I picked it up, there were five miles on the odometer.

The service facility for this dealership is down the same road in a town adjacent to that of the dealership. Perhaps, they wanted to give themselves a cushion in case there was an extra trip back and forth before delivvery?
That is interesting. I hope they were more thorough with other inspections!
Old 12-17-13, 05:04 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moose66
Mine actually had 8 miles on it when we picked it up. So I break the trend!
Yeah you did but I was hoping for < 5 miles!
Old 12-17-13, 05:18 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
That is interesting. I hope they were more thorough with other inspections!
One could say it was just Lexus Service going the extra mile + 7
Old 12-17-13, 05:22 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

mine had 7 but by the time they filled the tank it had 10 when i took delivery. and I'm never gonna get those 10 miles back!
Old 12-17-13, 05:29 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

interesting story. when i bought my first lexus it was a 2007 IS i have a thing for black cars so when i saw it on the showroom floor i was surprised to find out it had over 200 miles on it! the salesperson had to disclose to me that the car was actually stolen and its whereabouts unknown for about a week!
turns out one of the sales people let a customer take it on a test drive and he never came back! turns out this guy had done this before at 2 other dealerships, Audi and BMW in the previous weeks.
they eventually were able to retrieve the car and brought it back to the dealership. no damage just joy ridden in, i got a great deal on it though and it was the only 350 RWD at the dealership (i live in colorado) so it all worked out. but it always bugged me a little and eventually forgot all about it.. i loved the car so much it really didn't matter to me.

when i bought my 2012 corvette, i trailered it home from montana and when i unloaded it in my driveway it had only 3 miles on it.
if you go tot he corvette assembly plant to take delivery you can do the new owner experience they will allow you to start the car for the first time while its actually on the assembly line and take a picture of the odometer reading 0

for a little more money you can do the engine build experience and actually work alongside a technician and assemble your own engine!
pretty cool stuff!
Old 12-17-13, 05:38 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
interesting story. when i bought my first lexus it was a 2007 IS i have a thing for black cars so when i saw it on the showroom floor i was surprised to find out it had over 200 miles on it! the salesperson had to disclose to me that the car was actually stolen and its whereabouts unknown for about a week!
turns out one of the sales people let a customer take it on a test drive and he never came back! turns out this guy had done this before at 2 other dealerships, Audi and BMW in the previous weeks.
they eventually were able to retrieve the car and brought it back to the dealership. no damage just joy ridden in, i got a great deal on it though and it was the only 350 RWD at the dealership (i live in colorado) so it all worked out. but it always bugged me a little and eventually forgot all about it.. i loved the car so much it really didn't matter to me.

when i bought my 2012 corvette, i trailered it home from montana and when i unloaded it in my driveway it had only 3 miles on it.
if you go tot he corvette assembly plant to take delivery you can do the new owner experience they will allow you to start the car for the first time while its actually on the assembly line and take a picture of the odometer reading 0

for a little more money you can do the engine build experience and actually work alongside a technician and assemble your own engine!
pretty cool stuff!

Haha, as long as they didn't blame you if the engine broke down during your ownership!

When you said they put 3 more miles at the dealership I knew they took your car for a little spin (joy ride) since they don't see RWD F Sport.
Old 12-17-13, 05:45 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7 on mine after PDI
Old 12-17-13, 05:55 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

even a brand new GTR has like ~20 miles on the odometer when you pick it up (8 break-in laps in Japan). So, I wouldn't be concerned if the Lexus had that much either.
Old 12-17-13, 06:03 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had 5 miles as well but the test drive added 2 so technically 7 was on the odo after I signed the papers.

Quick Reply: How many miles on the special order when you picked it up?