IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

FINALLY....Lease pricing details inside.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-13, 02:13 PM
Reeladdict
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FINALLY....Lease pricing details inside.

Warning, long thread ahead

I have been to absolute hell and back trying to get this deal done, but I am finally happy

I decided I wanted to do a 27 month lease, 15K/year. I am buying the car through New Hampshire which has no sales tax.

Started out looking for a black/black or black/red IS350 AWD Fsport. Found a dealer demo black/red with 6800 miles on it. Not too happy but whatever maybe they will give me a good deal I thought. Nope, measly 2,000 off sticker. I walked out and then they told me it was sold anyways, idiots. So I began my email negotiations, I always hated going in person and this WHOLE experience reminded me why.

During my negotiations I find what seems to be the last black/red at Lexus of Sharon, they tell me to come in and work some numbers. I start working numbers and the hit me with $750/month. I laughed in his face and told him he's out of his mind. He plays dumb and asks why, I do the math out for him long hand and ask him if he would want to pay close to $6,000 more than he should? They "fixed" some figures and by the end of 4 more corrections I made for them I had the payment where it "should" be. About $502/month, $1500 down. Whatever, let me think it over I tell them, in the meantime they bring the "new" car around. What do you know, a dealer demo with 5,000 miles on it. I tell them the deal is off, and basically yell at them about their bait and switch tactics and they will never see a dime of my business for as long as I live.

I continue my search, online this time, no more bull***** in person stuff. I beat down every dealer in 5 states and get Lexus of Watertown to agree to terms. They say they have a black/red in stock and send me the spec sheet. The terms are $1500 down, 27/15, $419/month. I am stoked, I drive there to get it. They start talking to me about colors, um hello, I already have the car here remember? Oh wait, thats right they wouldn't take a deposit for it, I should have put 2 + 2 together and realized they dont have the car. ANOTHER bait and switch, I tell them what pieces of garbage they are and walk out fuming.

I regroup, send back out an email with their numbers to every dealer I had spoken with before. I find ONE dealer with a black/red, wouldnt you know it, its the first dealer I had gone to with the dealer demo (It never sold) they agree to match the numbers on it, so I kind of accept my fate and decide this might be my only option.

As a last ditch effort I call Lexus of Manchester, I talk to the internet sales guy Joe Fitzgerald. For once I have someone being honest with me. He pulls up all the inventory from Maine to Virginia. 2 black/reds showing with no miles, tries to transfer one in, they dealerships wont swap it out. He checks incoming cars and sees a black/black IS350 Fsport coming his way in about a week. Agrees to $1500 down, 27/15K, $416/month! I say deal, and gave him the deposit. Details are this:

MSRP:$48,803
Discount (with college grad): $3,451
Residual: $34,650

Finally, got the car I want, although the red interior was nice and something different for me, I am happy with the black. The red is cool, but more of a maroon to me, maybe next time.

Plans are intake, 20" wheels (black), tint, and maybe a little drop.
Old 12-16-13, 03:08 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Reeladdict
Warning, long thread ahead

I have been to absolute hell and back trying to get this deal done, but I am finally happy

I decided I wanted to do a 27 month lease, 15K/year. I am buying the car through New Hampshire which has no sales tax.

Started out looking for a black/black or black/red IS350 AWD Fsport. Found a dealer demo black/red with 6800 miles on it. Not too happy but whatever maybe they will give me a good deal I thought. Nope, measly 2,000 off sticker. I walked out and then they told me it was sold anyways, idiots. So I began my email negotiations, I always hated going in person and this WHOLE experience reminded me why.

During my negotiations I find what seems to be the last black/red at Lexus of Sharon, they tell me to come in and work some numbers. I start working numbers and the hit me with $750/month. I laughed in his face and told him he's out of his mind. He plays dumb and asks why, I do the math out for him long hand and ask him if he would want to pay close to $6,000 more than he should? They "fixed" some figures and by the end of 4 more corrections I made for them I had the payment where it "should" be. About $502/month, $1500 down. Whatever, let me think it over I tell them, in the meantime they bring the "new" car around. What do you know, a dealer demo with 5,000 miles on it. I tell them the deal is off, and basically yell at them about their bait and switch tactics and they will never see a dime of my business for as long as I live.

I continue my search, online this time, no more bull***** in person stuff. I beat down every dealer in 5 states and get Lexus of Watertown to agree to terms. They say they have a black/red in stock and send me the spec sheet. The terms are $1500 down, 27/15, $419/month. I am stoked, I drive there to get it. They start talking to me about colors, um hello, I already have the car here remember? Oh wait, thats right they wouldn't take a deposit for it, I should have put 2 + 2 together and realized they dont have the car. ANOTHER bait and switch, I tell them what pieces of garbage they are and walk out fuming.

I regroup, send back out an email with their numbers to every dealer I had spoken with before. I find ONE dealer with a black/red, wouldnt you know it, its the first dealer I had gone to with the dealer demo (It never sold) they agree to match the numbers on it, so I kind of accept my fate and decide this might be my only option.

As a last ditch effort I call Lexus of Manchester, I talk to the internet sales guy Joe Fitzgerald. For once I have someone being honest with me. He pulls up all the inventory from Maine to Virginia. 2 black/reds showing with no miles, tries to transfer one in, they dealerships wont swap it out. He checks incoming cars and sees a black/black IS350 Fsport coming his way in about a week. Agrees to $1500 down, 27/15K, $416/month! I say deal, and gave him the deposit. Details are this:

MSRP:$48,803
Discount (with college grad): $3,451
Residual: $34,650

Finally, got the car I want, although the red interior was nice and something different for me, I am happy with the black. The red is cool, but more of a maroon to me, maybe next time.

Plans are intake, 20" wheels (black), tint, and maybe a little drop.
That seems like nice deal. Congratz! Also you've managed to get the car sooner than people like me who ordered months ago. I'm also amazed that recent college grad can afford $50k car!
Old 12-16-13, 07:55 PM
afdavey
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
That seems like nice deal. Congratz! Also you've managed to get the car sooner than people like me who ordered months ago. I'm also amazed that recent college grad can afford $50k car!

And mod the intake, 20" wheels (black), tint, and maybe a little drop for all but 27months on a leased car - which goes back to Lexus after removing the intake, 20" wheels (black), tint, and maybe a little drop. I should have asked for the college rebate to have some $$$ for mods... Good luck with your new ride...
Old 12-16-13, 09:44 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

nice, can you post pics?
Old 12-16-13, 10:10 PM
Reeladdict
Driver

Haha...college grad discount also applies if you are enrolled in a graduate degree, which I am.

And the only mods that are for sure are the intake and tint. I might just stick with the stock wheels and suspension.
Old 12-17-13, 04:14 PM
1sikIS250
Driver School Candidate

So did you end up with a 350 F or an AWD 350 F
Old 12-19-13, 08:45 PM
Reeladdict
Driver

AWD F sport

And I have an update. The guys with the black/red demo called me freaking out. They said they screwed up with the milage calculation on the payment and did 18k instead of 15k a year. So the payment with them is down to $385/month. I'd be a fool not to take that deal so that's what I'm doing
Old 12-19-13, 10:40 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

AWD F sport

And I have an update. The guys with the black/red demo called me freaking out. They said they screwed up with the milage calculation on the payment and did 18k instead of 15k a year. So the payment with them is down to $385/month. I'd be a fool not to take that deal so that's what I'm doing
Wow congrats on that awesome lease! What was the lease factor on that?
Old 12-20-13, 06:27 AM
chris2k5
Pit Crew

No way I am putting my money on a dealer demo.
I gun and mash the gas pedal on dealer demos for miles down the highway on test drives.

Rather spend a little more on something that wasn't abused!
Old 12-20-13, 06:36 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I just was at a Lexus dealer a couple of days ago.
My son in law bought a GX.
Lexus seems to be giving away vehicles.

A new $59K '13 GS $10K+ off sticker. A '14 at invoice. Great lease deals too.

New '13 $88k LS has an & 11K+ discount.
New '13 LX $9K+ off.

I guess Toyota wants to up the sales numbers.
Maybe move up from #3.

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-20-13 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-20-13, 06:43 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Wow, $385 sounds like a great deal.
Old 12-20-13, 08:39 AM
Reeladdict
Driver

Originally Posted by chris2k5
No way I am putting my money on a dealer demo.
I gun and mash the gas pedal on dealer demos for miles down the highway on test drives.

Rather spend a little more on something that wasn't abused!
What do I care? Its a lease...I am not keeping it, I would never keep a car anyways, just flip into a new lease.
Old 12-20-13, 08:40 AM
Reeladdict
Driver

Originally Posted by kadify
Wow congrats on that awesome lease! What was the lease factor on that?
.0011 is the money factor
Old 12-20-13, 12:22 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

.0011 is the money factor

Thanks so much and enjoy your new ride, again =)