Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY radar detector and Blackvue camera installation

Old 07-16-14, 11:25 AM   #76
HumanMale
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Mech View Post
its your evidence, you can decide to disclose if any or part of it exists depending on your situation, you can also remove the sound if you like.
I don't know about the US, but here in Canada, you are required to produce ALL documents and records in your possession or control if a case goes to litigation. If the other side believes you may be withholding certain key evidence (i.e. they somehow find out you have a camera), and if you do not produce any video evidence in your defense/prosecution of the case, then they may very well draw an adverse inference against you at best, or at worst, issue you an order for disclosure of video evidence.

Cameras are a double-edged sword in that respect. Best favour (Please forgive the Canadian spelling to my American friends!) you can do yourself is to be a good driver and stick to speed limits, Highway Traffic Act rules (and equivalent US legislation), and if something bad happens, you have no problem or fears of disclosing your video evidence.

I just ordered my Blackvue 2-Ch with Powermagic Pro and can't wait to use Bass Mech's install guide on my LS460. I'm guessing there are differences, but the ideas he presents are simple enough, and I have already removed my A-pillar once (which was very easy), so doing it again, along with the other trim pieces shouldn't be that difficult ... should it?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
HumanMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 04:36 PM   #77
vgsison
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Very interesting read about the diy installation of the device. Thanks for sharing.
vgsison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-14, 04:36 PM

Tags
2007, 2014, 600, blackvue, camera, ct200h, detector, front, hidden, install, lexus, location, radar, rear, sensor