IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS350 : Navigation screen re-starts then shuts off

Old 07-30-14, 12:11 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

My navi asked me to update the software. But the download keeps failing. There certain area i have to be or use wifi?

Also does the dealer have to do the firmware update? Or can i just download it? Or is the software update (what i have mentioned above) same thing?
Old 08-27-14, 07:35 AM
johntruax
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firmware Update

I took my is-350 in for the 5000 mile check up last week and got the update to the "C" version. I was having trouble mostly when the Ipod was plugged in and so I had unplugged it. While getting the update, they must have plugged the Ipod in again and taken the car for a test ride.

Anyway, it's been almost a week and no reboots so far.

John
Old 09-09-14, 06:22 AM
johntruax
Driver School Candidate

Default IS 350 Re-Boots

I had two reboots over this past weekend. So I guess that the new software / firmware update s not the fix for this problem.
Old 09-09-14, 06:56 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by johntruax
I had two reboots over this past weekend. So I guess that the new software / firmware update s not the fix for this problem.
Make your dealer aware and keep at it. My radio was replaced last week after several visits and firmware updates yielded no results.
Old 09-09-14, 09:40 PM
taniner
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone who's having their system restart on you. Do you have a device via phone or thumb drive with mp3's connected to the system while this happens? When you remove the device the system works normally? If this is the issue... PM me, I might be able to help you. I had this problem with my 2014 IS Gen 3 when it first came out in Hawaii.
Old 09-10-14, 06:17 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Mine had been doing better, but has been extra fussy lately. I had a shut down/restart the other day. My Pandora gets hung up frequently, the blue flashes are back, and my text messaging no longer works. I need to take it in next month for my 12 month service, so I'll ask them to address it then.
Old 09-10-14, 03:48 PM
Chria89a
Driver School Candidate

Since were talking about the navigation system has anybody seen the nav screen flicker blue real quick not really noticeable but enough to bug you. It happens not to often but when it does it bugs the living hell out of me.
Old 09-10-14, 07:51 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Chria89a
Since were talking about the navigation system has anybody seen the nav screen flicker blue real quick not really noticeable but enough to bug you. It happens not to often but when it does it bugs the living hell out of me.
Yes, it's very common. Those are the "blue flashes" of which I speak.
Old 12-16-14, 10:37 AM
briansmith
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy similar problem in 2015 RC350 F Sport

1300 miles on the car. Love it, no other problems. It is a joy to drive. Nav, ML sound.

Twice, on startup the nav/radio screen and the secondary display sort of freeze up. The trackpad does not work (no cursor visible) and the radio does not operate. There is no bluetooth connection, and a variety of other glitches on the dashboard controls. However, the car drives fine and is safe/functional.

It seems to happen about 30 seconds after starting, and in both cases happened at night.

I called Lexus and they said "we will let you know if there is a campaign for this problem."

It sounds similar, if not identical, to the problems described in this thread.
Old 04-13-15, 08:45 PM
Helterran
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just had battery issue and they said i have an open short circuit on my nav and they replace the whole unit....... i have not drive enough to reproduce the problem.. but currently all seemed ok.
Old 04-13-15, 10:10 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same issue here, but it has only happened once or twice.

Bit of a dumb question here but...is there anyway to turn off the navigation/display screen completely? I can only get it to turn off/reboot automatically. Help would be appreciated.
Old 04-16-15, 07:21 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Recalling from memory here but, if you press the menu button, on the screen where all your choices are presented, there should be a display button in the upper right corner, click that display button and that should take you to a screen where you can turn the display off. To reactivate the display when in off mode, simply press the menu or home button.
Ok thank you! I'll give it another try, I figure it's been right in front of me the whole time but still.
Old 06-08-16, 10:59 AM
kzman
Driver School Candidate

Default Here's a fixture

It worked for me just pull the battery cables and let it sit for 10 mins
Old 06-08-16, 11:21 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Update: We apologize if your vehicle has experienced an error in the navigation head unit. Errant data broadcast by our traffic and weather data service provider was not handled as expected by the microcomputer in the vehicle navigation head unit (center display) of 2014-16 Model Year Lexus vehicles and 2016 Model Year Toyota Land Cruiser.

In some situations, this issue can cause the head unit to restart repeatedly, affecting operation of the navigation system, audio and climate control features. In addition, the back-up camera and hands-free mobile phone functions are inoperative. The data suspected to be the source of the error was corrected last night.

The correction is a forced reset and clearing of the errant data from the system.
Toyota and Lexus owners experiencing these issues should visit their dealer for a complimentary system reset and a confirmation of the system. Until then, owners of affected vehicles should exercise additional caution when driving. We regret any inconvenience to our customers.

https://www.facebook.com/lexus/
Old 06-08-16, 11:22 AM
kyoungjook
Rookie

My dealership just asked me to bring it in, and they'd take care of it. Hoping it isn't just some temporary fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 IS350 : Navigation screen re-starts then shuts off