IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Mark Levinson... Worth it? (Merged Threads)

Old 06-28-14, 10:10 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onthelimit
I'm not an audiophile, per se, but certainly feel that the ML is worth the price. Sounds very much like, if not slightly better than, the ELS audio offered by Acura. I do agree with Celledral's comment on the B&O system in Audis - I had one on my A4 and it sounded pretty good. If a few hundred bucks aren't big deal for you, just go for the ML. You can't go wrong.
I was able to get an AWD UW/Rioja interior off the line, coming in July but does not have ML, not sure what to do now.
Old 06-29-14, 08:00 AM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't say I'm an audiophile but have had aftermarket systems in most of my cars, had factory Bose systems in 2 and some 'premium' (Acura) systems and can safely say that this ML system is by far the best OEM system I've had. Very happy with the sound quality, volume and level of bass/crispness.
Old 06-29-14, 08:17 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS3F
I wouldn't say I'm an audiophile but have had aftermarket systems in most of my cars, had factory Bose systems in 2 and some 'premium' (Acura) systems and can safely say that this ML system is by far the best OEM system I've had. Very happy with the sound quality, volume and level of bass/crispness.
Don't know what to do now! Mine arrives in July wonder if I should special order now..
Old 06-29-14, 11:55 AM
CTLG
Rookie

The speakers really do need some "burn-in" time especially with the ML system. My system sounds bounds better than it did when I first got my 3IS 350 F over a month ago. I had the same thing happen with my 2014 Acura TL SHAWD.
Old 06-29-14, 08:31 PM
Eclypse84
Driver School Candidate

I would also add that the ML system in my AWD 350 F-Sport sounds the best when audio is played through Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 5, and play 192 quality and above MP3's and it sounds awesome. To me, ML is underwhelming with radio (okay with HD radio channels) and when I used the audio jack/USB plug in. But with Bluetooth, the audio really outshines the standard system. Make sure the audio level is all the way up on your iPhone (acts as a pre-amp) and crank your volume to 50+ and my chest thumps with clean bass and no distortion on the mid-highs.
Old 07-02-14, 04:17 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eclypse84
I would also add that the ML system in my AWD 350 F-Sport sounds the best when audio is played through Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 5, and play 192 quality and above MP3's and it sounds awesome. To me, ML is underwhelming with radio (okay with HD radio channels) and when I used the audio jack/USB plug in. But with Bluetooth, the audio really outshines the standard system. Make sure the audio level is all the way up on your iPhone (acts as a pre-amp) and crank your volume to 50+ and my chest thumps with clean bass and no distortion on the mid-highs.
Have a AWD UW/RR coming in middle of July from dealer with my name on it, doesn't have ML, don't know what to do now, should I special order with ML? Keep going back & forth.

Last edited by MGB1120; 07-02-14 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-02-14, 04:27 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MGB1120
Have a AWD UW/RR coming in middle of July from dealer with my name on it, doesn't have ML, don't know what to do now, should I special order with ML? Keep going back & forth.
I'm not into audio qualities and stuff like that but I got the ML on the same car you're getting but RWD (UW/RR). The quality is outstanding. I have bumped it up high to 45+ and I don't hear any kind of noise, the kind you get when you bump up a low quality system.

Worth it? No idea. I'd be happy with or without. It's really up to you if you like quality audio.
Old 07-02-14, 05:00 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drbazing
I'm not into audio qualities and stuff like that but I got the ML on the same car you're getting but RWD (UW/RR). The quality is outstanding. I have bumped it up high to 45+ and I don't hear any kind of noise, the kind you get when you bump up a low quality system.

Worth it? No idea. I'd be happy with or without. It's really up to you if you like quality audio.
Yeah not a big audio guy but I'm mixed! Just want to have it sound good! Not sure if I want to wait another 3 months, plus it's a 27 month lease not sure if I will keep it after.

Last edited by MGB1120; 07-02-14 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-03-14, 06:27 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CTLG
The speakers really do need some "burn-in" time especially with the ML system. My system sounds bounds better than it did when I first got my 3IS 350 F over a month ago. I had the same thing happen with my 2014 Acura TL SHAWD.
Agreed. It is similar to speakers used in home theatre/audio systems. The speaker wires need to get some burn-in.
Old 11-20-15, 12:17 AM
lexusplz
Driver

Default Get mark levison sound system?

Is it worth spending $1k more on the mark levison sound system on the IS 200t?

Is it only available on the luxury package? Can you get the mark levison sound system on the premium package?
Old 11-20-15, 02:52 AM
Jeremy1976
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the ML in my 2014 350 awd f sport and think it was worth every penny. Best factory sounding system I have ever heard.
Old 11-20-15, 08:15 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the ML system is worth it in my book. I have a 14' IS350 Fsport and the ML system sounds great. It definitely sounded better after a couple months with it and I was constantly bumping it at 45+ volume. The bass is clean and the voices are so crisp and clear over bluetooth. For a stock sound system it definitely sounds great and most people are impressed when they hear it.
Old 12-08-15, 04:34 PM
phoenix888
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MGB1120
Yeah not a big audio guy but I'm mixed! Just want to have it sound good! Not sure if I want to wait another 3 months, plus it's a 27 month lease not sure if I will keep it after.
What did you end up doing? Just picked up my UW/RR RWD with ML. I've been a musician all my life and have always enjoyed a good sound system in all of my cars. ML is definitely the cleanest most powerful OEM I've ever had. With that said, you can always make it sound better as the cabin seems to bounce the sound around, but once your at 45+ it doesnt matter. Your engulfed in music, and it's clear. More importantly no rattling from the car because it's a LEXUS

QUICK UPDATE...

After reading this thread and posting, I went back to play with Audio Settings. I grew up with music (Taught at an early age by my grandfather), played music throughout school, played in a Metal Band, and later became a school Drum instructor because Music is still a passion. My little brother took his musicianship all the way to College and has developed a better ear than me for balance.

The reason I state all this is that yesterday, after adjusting the settings, he was surprised at how deep and how much FULLER the sound was and asked in the one week of ownership if I've added a Sub in the back. The answer is NO, just have to update your settings a LITTLE bit.

After you adjust your Settings for Bass/Treb/Mids (This is to personal Taste, but take your treb just over HALF then bump the Bass to one two notch beyond the Treb and keep the Mids right in the MIDDLE) you simply move the Sound Point.

Instead of aiming the Sound right in the MIDDLE of the car as it shows in the default, just move that sound point to the console where you rest your arm. Right in the middle between you and your passenger. Aim it where your Elbow rests, because this is where Ear is typically aligned.

This is what made the WORLD of difference. Instead of hearing the music just behind you, and getting the acoustics bounced around the cabin and losing all that impact. The music is aimed where you are sitting 1st before being bounced around the Cabin. Just this morning I was smiling at how much more I can FEEL the music with this setup at Lvl40 vs being 50+ and still not being fully immersed.

Hope this helps anyone looking to maximize the sound from there ML system.

Cheers!

Last edited by phoenix888; 12-10-15 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Update to Original Post
Old 02-13-16, 07:06 PM
schfifty5
Driver School Candidate

Best decision I made was to stay my course and go with ML! Totally worth it.
Old 02-13-16, 09:16 PM
Fsport79
Driver School Candidate

No regrets had the base and M L, sounds much cleaner and bass is not too over the top

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mark Levinson... Worth it? (Merged Threads)