IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Front plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 08:09 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front plate

Have a quick question , when I bought the car they put on my front license plate on the front grill , I just ordered the license plate relocation for the tow hook , but did they drill a hole in the grill before putting my front plate on the grill or are there tabs that I can snap back on there ? Hope so 😁
Old 12-06-13, 08:14 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwik8276
Have a quick question , when I bought the car they put on my front license plate on the front grill , I just ordered the license plate relocation for the tow hook , but did they drill a hole in the grill before putting my front plate on the grill or are there tabs that I can snap back on there ? Hope so 😁
I asked my dealer that exact question today actually. I told him I wanted to take my front plate off and asked if they had plugs or fillers for the holes in the bumper. He wasn't sure but he said they would find something that works. I saw another thread on Clublexus where someone had a pic of there bumper with the plugs in the holes so they are definitely out there. I believe they are just simple caps.
Old 12-06-13, 08:16 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw these on a bumper. I couldn't really tell they were on there until I got up close.
Attached Thumbnails Front plate-image-3774579509.jpg  
Old 12-06-13, 08:17 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Prepboy607
I saw these on a bumper. I couldn't really tell they were on there until I got up close.
Thats the pic I was referring to. You cant even tell the plugs are there unless your REALLY looking for them.
Old 12-06-13, 08:17 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Randre19
I asked my dealer that exact question today actually. I told him I wanted to take my front plate off and asked if they had plugs or fillers for the holes in the bumper. He wasn't sure but he said they would find something that works. I saw another thread on Clublexus where someone had a pic of there bumper with the plugs in the holes so they are definitely out there. I believe they are just simple caps.
Thank god !! I was thinking I was gonna be stuck with holes there !! Great now I can't wait for the relocater plate on tow hook ;-) thanks
Old 12-06-13, 08:20 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think they sell it at the dealership. My salesperson is gonna send me some incase I need to drill and put my plate on.
Old 12-06-13, 08:21 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Thats the pic I was referring to. You cant even tell the plugs are there unless your REALLY looking for them.

WORD !!! wow can't even see it but glad it's not gonna ruin my grill ;-)
Old 12-06-13, 08:24 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

I need to get my plugs ASAP!
Old 12-06-13, 08:27 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

I need to get my plugs ASAP!
Are any of u guys relocating it on the tow hook? Grimmspeed.com sells them !! Looks good , ordered mine , should be in this week ;-)
Old 12-06-13, 08:30 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Are any of u guys relocating it on the tow hook? Grimmspeed.com sells them !! Looks good , ordered mine , should be in this week ;-)
Ive been debating getting it since I got my car. I dont know how I feel about the off set look. decisions decisions. Still trying to figure out if I can live with my grill being covered a little bit. Damn Illinois License plate laws..they suck!
Old 12-06-13, 08:34 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Ive been debating getting it since I got my car. I dont know how I feel about the off set look. decisions decisions. Still trying to figure out if I can live with my grill being covered a little bit. Damn Illinois License plate laws..they suck!
Yeah no **** , same here in Massachusetts !! But I rather it offset then smack in that middle taking away from that sexy grill !!
Old 12-06-13, 08:42 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Yeah no **** , same here in Massachusetts !! But I rather it offset then smack in that middle taking away from that sexy grill !!
Now your making me want to go order it haha. Why cant front plates be left off for certain cars. Its obvious that the 3IS was made for only a rear plate. They should just understand that and let it slide. That would be a perfect world
Old 12-06-13, 08:45 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Now your making me want to go order it haha. Why cant front plates be left off for certain cars. Its obvious that the 3IS was made for only a rear plate. They should just understand that and let it slide. That would be a perfect world
I almost said the hell with it and took the damn thing off , but then I saw they had that and like I said rather that on the side then getting dumb tickets for it !! DAMN YOU LAWS !! DAMN U ALL TO HELL !! Lol
Old 12-06-13, 08:55 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

I almost said the hell with it and took the damn thing off , but then I saw they had that and like I said rather that on the side then getting dumb tickets for it !! DAMN YOU LAWS !! DAMN U ALL TO HELL !! Lol
I know!! I said the hell with it today and then my brother told me not to do it. One of his best friends who I know had a corvette ZO6 and had no front plate and got pulled over multiple times for it. Also, the tickets we not just fines, they were "fix it" tickets in which he had to go to court with pictures of his car fixed with a front plate on

I sure as hell dont want to spend my time and money one that when I could just offset it or leave it on.
Old 12-06-13, 08:59 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

I know!! I said the hell with it today and then my brother told me not to do it. One of his best friends who I know had a corvette ZO6 and had no front plate and got pulled over multiple times for it. Also, the tickets we not just fines, they were "fix it" tickets in which he had to go to court with pictures of his car fixed with a front plate on I sure as hell dont want to spend my time and money one that when I could just offset it or leave it on.
Exactly !! It's just a pain in the *** , but like I said I bought that so I'm gonna put it on when it comes !! What 3IS do u have ??

Quick Reply: Front plate