IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Front plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 09:07 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Either don't put the plate on or leave it off. I find the offset plate on tow hook are more hideous and looks ghetto than actually mounting the plate on grill. Just my $.02 no offense to anyone.
Old 12-06-13, 09:30 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Either don't put the plate on or leave it off. I find the offset plate on tow hook are more hideous and looks ghetto than actually mounting the plate on grill. Just my $.02 no offense to anyone.
+$.02 but I don't care who I offend.
Old 12-06-13, 09:42 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prepboy607
+$.02 but I don't care who I offend.

Lol all good !! Don't hurt to check it out anyways ! I'll find out how it looks in person !!
Old 12-07-13, 05:47 AM
wulfstan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on using the tow hook, but have yet to receive from grimmspeed... Still in the fulfillment stages...

I will post pics once installed...

Johnny
Old 12-07-13, 05:59 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

[QUOTE="wulfstan;8269965"]I plan on using the tow hook, but have yet to receive from grimmspeed... Still in the fulfillment stages... I will post pics once installed... Johnny __________________ 2014 Lexus IS 350 FSport Ultra White / Rioja Red / Mark Lev / BSM K&N drop in Air Filter │Coming Soon... Plasti-Dip Emblems │TRD Body kit[/QUOTE

Same here !! As soon as I get it , will post pics and let me know what u guys think
Old 12-07-13, 08:57 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwik8276
Exactly !! It's just a pain in the *** , but like I said I bought that so I'm gonna put it on when it comes !! What 3IS do u have ??
I have a 350 F Sport obsidian RWD with BSM, Mark Lev, VGRS, and NAV. Basically its fully loaded. This was the first great car I've bought so I didnt mind going big and in my opinion it was worth it. Couldnt be happier with my ride. I have black pearl emblems and puddle lights that I need to install. Also going to put 35% tints all around sometime this week. Work in progress
Old 12-07-13, 09:42 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Randre19
I have a 350 F Sport obsidian RWD with BSM, Mark Lev, VGRS, and NAV. Basically its fully loaded. This was the first great car I've bought so I didnt mind going big and in my opinion it was worth it. Couldnt be happier with my ride. I have black pearl emblems and puddle lights that I need to install. Also going to put 35% tints all around sometime this week. Work in progress
Congrats on your ride .;-) you won't be disappointed !!
Old 12-07-13, 09:48 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

to each their own I plan on getting one also
Old 12-07-13, 09:55 AM
BlueCrabby
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

when I moved to my current state, I was so happy that front license plates were no longer required!

unfortunately, I was sad when I saw the sad state of my front bumper when I removed my former state's front license plate. Aside from the two holes, that area's paint looked dull and did not match the rest of the bumper.(not surprising, since that area was covered up by the front license plate for years)

My solution? A $350 visit to to the local body shop and now my bumper looked brand new and had no ugly license plate holes anymore! IMHO, that's the only solution.
Old 12-07-13, 09:56 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dAiLL3sT
to each their own I plan on getting one also
Cool beans !! I just think I'm gonna like it cause it gives it that import look !! Ghetto to some I guess but not this guy ;-)
Old 12-07-13, 09:59 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by titangummy
when I moved to my current state, I was so happy that front license plates were no longer required!

unfortunately, I was sad when I saw the sad state of my front bumper when I removed my former state's front license plate. Aside from the two holes, that area's paint looked dull and did not match the rest of the bumper.(not surprising, since that area was covered up by the front license plate for years)

My solution? A $350 visit to to the local body shop and now my bumper looked brand new and had no ugly license plate holes anymore! IMHO, that's the only solution.
Moving to NC! lol
Old 12-07-13, 10:04 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by titangummy

Ditto. Did the same thing with my GS. Bought the car from Texas where the front plate is required. Got the car home, took the bracket off and almost wept. The holes were large and the bumper was pulled out from over tightening. Lived with it for a couple years by inserting black screws. Then I went in for a refresh to correct those holes, the bumper, and also cleaned up some rock chips on the hood and fenders. All is well now. So glad NC does not require that front plate. Really affects the look of the newer cars from Lexus and Audi.
Old 12-07-13, 10:10 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by moose66
Ditto. Did the same thing with my GS. Bought the car from Texas where the front plate is required. Got the car home, took the bracket off and almost wept. The holes were large and the bumper was pulled out from over tightening. Lived with it for a couple years by inserting black screws. Then I went in for a refresh to correct those holes, the bumper, and also cleaned up some rock chips on the hood and fenders. All is well now. So glad NC does not require that front plate. Really affects the look of the newer cars from Lexus and Audi.
Lucky guys !! Well like I said , rather do the side then ticket !! Until law says otherwise !! :-(
Old 12-07-13, 10:10 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by moose66
And I really hope it's not that bad when I do take it out , !! 😮
Old 12-08-13, 07:50 AM
afdavey
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
...Ditto...

Quick Reply: Front plate