IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Will this specs be too agressive for my 3is?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-13, 03:48 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

no where in any of stichs posts did I find the offset.
but integress states that she was running

19x8.5 +34, 235/35
19x9.5 +32, 265/30

her rear tires look about as far out as you could possibly go.
my rear tires will be 275/30/19 but im going +45mm offset that's 13mm closer to the car with the same width rim. a 275 is only 5mm wider on each side than a 265.

so if her wheels don't rub and on lowered suspension I might add, I can't see how 275's would rub on stock suspension with my +45 offset. that puts my outside sidewall 8mm closer to the car.
I think the OP problem is he is way outside those limits. a wider rim and less offset.
Old 12-03-13, 03:51 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea but its not my responsibility to research what offset he is running for you - just trying to help
unless hes running +0, anything lower than +30 would be pretty aggressive for springs being that wide IMO
Old 12-07-13, 07:06 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try to get these to work . I will be lowered on RS-R Super Down springs . I think stretched 235/35/19 and 245/35/19 and rolled fenders will work. There is not too many 3is out there on agressive setups therefore, I will report back.
Old 12-08-13, 06:34 AM
F350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bass Mech , when are you mounting your wheels ? Let me know how that works out for you.

I have a friend who's going 20's on his 3IS and he wants to go 275/30/20 in the rear and his option for a 9.5 inch wheel is either +45 or +50. Not sure if +50 would work out and not hit any suspension components inside
Old 12-08-13, 07:19 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by F350
Hey Bass Mech , when are you mounting your wheels ? Let me know how that works out for you.

I have a friend who's going 20's on his 3IS and he wants to go 275/30/20 in the rear and his option for a 9.5 inch wheel is either +45 or +50. Not sure if +50 would work out and not hit any suspension components inside
i wish i could tell you, the car is now going on 2 weeks late! its a sore subject..
but as soon as i get the car i plan to get the tires. i can't do anything till iget the car because i need the OE wheels and TPMS to program the new EZ sensors i have to buy.

once i get the car i have to let the tire shop know i need the tires and they said it will take about 2-3 days to order the tires.
then i can go get everything put on. we plan to test fit a same size but different tire on the front and back to make sure we don't have clearance problems before i order the actual tires i will buy.
so hopefully in a week or so ill have it all taken care of.
Old 12-08-13, 07:59 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i wish i could tell you, the car is now going on 2 weeks late! its a sore subject..
but as soon as i get the car i plan to get the tires. i can't do anything till iget the car because i need the OE wheels and TPMS to program the new EZ sensors i have to buy.

once i get the car i have to let the tire shop know i need the tires and they said it will take about 2-3 days to order the tires.
then i can go get everything put on. we plan to test fit a same size but different tire on the front and back to make sure we don't have clearance problems before i order the actual tires i will buy.
so hopefully in a week or so ill have it all taken care of.
It's odd that you still haven't got your car yet. Do you think some of the bad weather we been seeing is causing some delays? I didn't think it would since it's rail.

I'm eagerly waiting to see how your wheels and tires fit.
Old 12-08-13, 08:16 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
It's odd that you still haven't got your car yet. Do you think some of the bad weather we been seeing is causing some delays? I didn't think it would since it's rail. I'm eagerly waiting to see how your wheels and tires fit.
Hard to say, the local Lexus rep I understand is a former parts counter clerk, she is about as worthless as **** on a bull!
She has been totally incapable of telling anyone anything as to why things got delayed.
I hear we aren't the only dealer. My sales guy spoke to a GM in Reno nv recently and they said they are still waiting on cars also. There are loud of sales going on with cars promised but no vehicles showing up.

I actually drive to the rail yard on Friday afternoon with a pair of binoculars to see what's up. The lot was full of imports, mostly Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan. I saw a few toyotas and some Honda and Acura and a few Mercedes Benz only 1 Lexus window sticker I found but I couldn't make out the make of vehicle, I think it was an RX.
But all the cars were covered with snow so it was hard to tell if there were any more Lexus cars parked there.
If there were any they were in the middle of the lot and all I can see are rooftops covered in snow!

There were about 12-15 rail cars still waiting to be unloaded, one of the doors was open and I could see the front of 3 cars from top to bottom (they are 3 layers high in the rail car) so there are at least 200 cars yet to be unloaded. As if yesterday nothing had changed. Still showing 9-15th delivery date so I'm hopeful it will arrive this week.
I will say despite the snow, in the 15 minutes I was there I saw 3 empty and 2 full transport trucks enter and exit the facility. So they are still trying to get them out
Old 12-08-13, 08:25 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
Hard to say, the local Lexus rep I understand is a former parts counter clerk, she is about as worthless as **** on a bull!
She has been totally incapable of telling anyone anything as to why things got delayed.
I hear we aren't the only dealer. My sales guy spoke to a GM in Reno nv recently and they said they are still waiting on cars also. There are loud of sales going on with cars promised but no vehicles showing up.

I actually drive to the rail yard on Friday afternoon with a pair of binoculars to see what's up. The lot was full of imports, mostly Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan. I saw a few toyotas and some Honda and Acura and a few Mercedes Benz only 1 Lexus window sticker I found but I couldn't make out the make of vehicle, I think it was an RX.
But all the cars were covered with snow so it was hard to tell if there were any more Lexus cars parked there.
If there were any they were in the middle of the lot and all I can see are rooftops covered in snow!

There were about 12-15 rail cars still waiting to be unloaded, one of the doors was open and I could see the front of 3 cars from top to bottom (they are 3 layers high in the rail car) so there are at least 200 cars yet to be unloaded. As if yesterday nothing had changed. Still showing 9-15th delivery date so I'm hopeful it will arrive this week.
I will say despite the snow, in the 15 minutes I was there I saw 3 empty and 2 full transport trucks enter and exit the facility. So they are still trying to get them out
LOL! Hopefully it'll get to your dealer shortly! I'm sure holiday followed by bad weather hasn't help the matter. Post lots of pictures with your wheels and tires on. I'm betting it's going to look very sharp.