Child Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-13, 06:09 AM
Richstang
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Child Seats

Hi All,

Do any of you have child seats in your 3IS? If so, how is the room?

I'm a current owner of an IS300 but looking to get a 3IS. I have a 4 years old and another on the way. :-) In the first gen IS, a rear facing child seat would take up a lot of space. Its not too bad once it's forward facing. I'm just curious how the room is for the 3IS.

Thanks for your feedback and happy Friday!!!

Rich
Old 11-22-13, 09:41 AM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richstang
Hi All,

I'm a current owner of an IS300 but looking to get a 3IS. I have a 4 years old and another on the way. :-) In the first gen IS, a rear facing child seat would take up a lot of space. Its not too bad once it's forward facing. I'm just curious how the room is for the 3IS.

Rich
Much more room, I have a 9 month old with rear facing seat and I had to move my '04 IS 300 seats forward a bit to make the seat fit and it still was a tight fit. Much more room in the '14, which was part of my reason for getting it. A rear facing seat fits with plenty of room even if you have your seats back a bit. You should have no issues.
Old 11-22-13, 10:36 AM
Richstang
Rookie

Originally Posted by georgeowls
Much more room, I have a 9 month old with rear facing seat and I had to move my '04 IS 300 seats forward a bit to make the seat fit and it still was a tight fit. Much more room in the '14, which was part of my reason for getting it. A rear facing seat fits with plenty of room even if you have your seats back a bit. You should have no issues.
Thanks a lot for sharing. I feel better about getting the IS now. If there wasn't much room, I was going to go the RX route.
Old 11-22-13, 11:22 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

i'm in the same boat.. already ordered my 3IS, but was going to get a Recaro Performance Sport convertible and go rear facing for a few years until my son was 2-3. What brands of car seat are you using for your rear facing setup?
Old 11-22-13, 12:17 PM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alexlude
i'm in the same boat.. already ordered my 3IS, but was going to get a Recaro Performance Sport convertible and go rear facing for a few years until my son was 2-3. What brands of car seat are you using for your rear facing setup?
I believe mine is a Graco Aprica or something along those lines.
Old 11-22-13, 12:39 PM
Richstang
Rookie

Graco too, but not sure of which model exactly.
Old 11-22-13, 01:36 PM
Newpatriot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Richstang
Hi All,

Rich

Current owner of 3IS F Sport. No issue with rear facing child seat. currently have Safety 1st car seat.
Old 11-22-13, 02:57 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

My rear-facing seat will fit fit behind my wife, but not behind me. I'm 6'5" so I have the seat not only back fairly far, but it's reclined a decent amount so my head can fit.

So while I can fit an adult behind me ok, a rear-facing child-seat is no go.
Old 11-22-13, 07:58 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

A rear facing seat is only necessary for the first year. Add a few months to err on the safe side but I can't imagine keeping a two year old In a rear facing car seat.
Old 11-22-13, 11:10 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

would those who have rear facing car seat mind snapping some photos with your carseat in your 3IS? That would be really helpful... thanks!!
Old 11-25-13, 06:32 AM
Richstang
Rookie

I feel a bit better now. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 11-25-13, 06:35 AM
Richstang
Rookie

would those who have rear facing car seat mind snapping some photos with your carseat in your 3IS? That would be really helpful... thanks!!
+1 I'm curious as well.
Old 11-25-13, 10:50 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 car seats. 1 is rear facing and goes in the middle. Definitely not a car I would buy again to use as a daily kid hauler. its a PITA to get the rear facing seat in and out. In hindsight I should have got an SUV
Old 11-25-13, 10:52 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by georgeowls
Yeah.... if your 5' 3"
Old 11-25-13, 11:32 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Well since we are planning to just have 1 child (this is not our main car for baby hauling), i'm thinking i should be okay.. my wife is 5'2" and i plan to have the convertible car seat behind my wife.

John, what brand carseat do u have rear facing? i'm planning on getting recaro performance ride.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...eat-check.html

not my pics, below

rear facing

front facing

planning to go with this convertible..

Quick Reply: Child Seats