Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside

Old 11-16-13, 10:05 PM   #1
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)

pages/Joe-Z-Performance/196802633674666 JoeZPerformance JoeZPerformance
Arrow Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside

Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside!

So today Tommy from "MusicBox" & I, successfully installed the OEM JDM spec LED Fog Lamps onto a US spec Lexus IS350 F-Sport.

These parts were acquired via CL Vendor @NigelJDMparts..
He was excited to set up a Group Buy for the US owners..

His kit includes these Lexus Japan OEM parts:
2 - L&R JDM LED Lamps, 2 - L&R JDM Fog Covers, 1 - Stalk Switch w/Fog On-Off Function and an aftermarket harness.

*As most of you know, as of today, the JDM specific parts are not available via the Lexus USA parts distribution centers.*

These are indeed directly imported from Japan.

The JDM parts naturally bolt right onto the US F-Sport bumper. The simple reason for that is only one bumper mold design is produced for the Global Market.

We already learned this on the 2013 GS F-Sport conversions we have done.
So the proper mounting points are just sitting there waiting to be used.

Some Facts:
1) You can Not buy these parts via a Lexus USA parts depts.
2) There is NO Fog wire harness or connectors inside the F-Sport bumper.
3) The physical parts bolt into place without any modifications or brackets.
4) The aftermarket harness is a good quality, but does take experience to properly route the wiring.
5) The OEM stalk function is a great feature, but it does take experience to properly wire to the existing aftermarket harness we used.
6) Steering wheel & Airbag removal is required if you select to install the OEM Fog Light stalk.
7) Install skill level is definitely not for the novice.
8) I definitely recommend an experienced installer that understands Fog Lamp / wiring installations.
9) The color temperature on the LED Fog Lamps are a perfect match to the LED Headlights.

Special thanks to Tommy @ MusicBox for taking care of the wiring on this install.
NigelJDM parts is awesome for supplying all these fantastic JDM parts...

And of course Many Thanks to local ClubLexus member "Glashub" for wanting these awesome fogs and spending the time today to get it all done right the first time..!!

Short Video link here: http://instagram.com/p/gy6csSuFEJ/

Click the image to open in full size.

Enjoy,

Joe Z
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

12' BBS Wheels • Bridgestone S-04 245-35-19 & 285-30-19
Project Mu • D2 Racing Sport Coils • AeroTect • Xenon Depot LEDs
"The Relentless Pursuit Continues...."
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 10:07 PM   #2
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

More Detailed Install pics to follow...

Attached Images

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-16-13 at 10:11 PM..
Old 11-16-13, 10:21 PM   #3
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Looks awesome! Where can I purchase this kit? And for how much?

Past:
2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport AWD, Ultra White/Rioja Red (Ordered 8/17/13, Delivered 11/25/13) - LEMON'ED 05/22/2014 :-(
2006 Audi A4 2.0T
2003 Audi TT
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
corsjr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 06:21 AM   #4
Glashub
Lead Lap

A big THANK YOU to Joe Z for doing the intensive research needed to ensure that he and Nigel would be delivering the right parts to Club Lexus members, for testing the parts before installing them, for downloading and printing wiring instructions in case they were needed, for overseeing this “first install” project, for being an all around delightful guy, and for being a perfectionist.

Tommy at Music Box is wonderful to work with. Good natured, attentive, meticulous, and a man who is extremely talented with installs. The man knows what he’s doing and is a pleasure to be around.

A few of his friends stopped by while he was working on my car and it was a good time talking about cars, food, cracking jokes, and laughing while Tommy and Joe did the install. A lot of fun.

The car came out perfect. The car looks like it rolled off the line with the fog lamps and the stalk. Speaking of the fog lamps – to my eye they match the headlamps perfectly. I always felt like the car needed fog lamps. I tried to rationalize those feelings away but now that they’re installed – the front end looks complete whether the lamps are on or off.

Kudos to Nigel, Joe Z and Tommy for a job well done (and thanks to Tommy’s buddies for keeping it fun while I sat there).

PS - Please direct all pricing inquiries to Nigel or Joe.
PPS - All settings are saved while the battery is disconnected except for the clock and the air/heat settings.

Last edited by Glashub; 11-17-13 at 07:23 AM..
Glashub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 07:27 AM   #5
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsjr28 View Post
Are you planning to DIY? There is group buy thread on the Vendor Aftermarket forum and prices are listed there.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 07:28 AM   #6
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside!

So today Tommy from "MusicBox" & I, successfully installed the OEM JDM spec LED Fog Lamps onto a US spec Lexus IS350 F-Sport.

These parts were acquired via CL Vendor @NigelJDMparts..
He was excited to set up a Group Buy for the US owners..

His kit includes these Lexus Japan OEM parts:
2 - L&R JDM LED Lamps, 2 - L&R JDM Fog Covers, 1 - Stalk Switch w/Fog On-Off Function and an aftermarket harness.

*As most of you know, as of today, the JDM specific parts are not available via the Lexus USA parts distribution centers.*

These are indeed directly imported from Japan.

The JDM parts naturally bolt right onto the US F-Sport bumper. The simple reason for that is only one bumper mold design is produced for the Global Market.

We already learned this on the 2013 GS F-Sport conversions we have done.
So the proper mounting points are just sitting there waiting to be used.

Some Facts:
1) You can Not buy these parts via a Lexus USA parts depts.
2) There is NO Fog wire harness or connectors inside the F-Sport bumper.
3) The physical parts bolt into place without any modifications or brackets.
4) The aftermarket harness is a good quality, but does take experience to properly route the wiring.
5) The OEM stalk function is a great feature, but it does take experience to properly wire to the existing aftermarket harness we used.
6) Steering wheel & Airbag removal is required if you select to install the OEM Fog Light stalk.
7) Install skill level is definitely not for the novice.
8) I definitely recommend an experienced installer that understands Fog Lamp / wiring installations.
9) The color temperature on the LED Fog Lamps are a perfect match to the LED Headlights.

Special thanks to Tommy @ MusicBox for taking care of the wiring on this install.
NigelJDM parts is awesome for supplying all these fantastic JDM parts...

And of course Many Thanks to local ClubLexus member "Glashub" for wanting these awesome fogs and spending the time today to get it all done right the first time..!!

Short Video link here: http://instagram.com/p/gy6csSuFEJ/

Click the image to open in full size.

Enjoy,

Joe Z
Would dealer be able to install this and how much would they charge for install like this? How many hours is the installation process?
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 08:00 AM   #7
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion

I was not initially a fan of the fogs as I do like the clean blacked-out openings "a-la LFA", but the fogs do add to the aggressiveness of the front-end.

corradoMR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 12:10 AM   #8
Oxytocin
Driver

For the experienced how long did this take?
Oxytocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 01:04 PM   #9
semoquer
Rookie

is it possible to buy the non f-sport assembly to install?
semoquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 02:08 PM   #10
Therealman
Rookie

I need these please is there a group buy where we can get a discount ?
Therealman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 04:29 PM   #11
Nigel-JDMParts
Sponsor
Trader Score: (72)

nigeljdmparts nigeljdmparts
Send a message via AIM to Nigel-JDMParts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsjr28 View Post
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...group-buy.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post
A big THANK YOU to Joe Z for doing the intensive research needed to ensure that he and Nigel would be delivering the right parts to Club Lexus members, for testing the parts before installing them, for downloading and printing wiring instructions in case they were needed, for overseeing this “first install” project, for being an all around delightful guy, and for being a perfectionist.

Tommy at Music Box is wonderful to work with. Good natured, attentive, meticulous, and a man who is extremely talented with installs. The man knows what he’s doing and is a pleasure to be around.

A few of his friends stopped by while he was working on my car and it was a good time talking about cars, food, cracking jokes, and laughing while Tommy and Joe did the install. A lot of fun.

The car came out perfect. The car looks like it rolled off the line with the fog lamps and the stalk. Speaking of the fog lamps – to my eye they match the headlamps perfectly. I always felt like the car needed fog lamps. I tried to rationalize those feelings away but now that they’re installed – the front end looks complete whether the lamps are on or off.

Kudos to Nigel, Joe Z and Tommy for a job well done (and thanks to Tommy’s buddies for keeping it fun while I sat there).

PS - Please direct all pricing inquiries to Nigel or Joe.
PPS - All settings are saved while the battery is disconnected except for the clock and the air/heat settings.
A BIG Thank you for your help too!! :thumb up:

I hope you enjoy the fog light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealman View Post
I need these please is there a group buy where we can get a discount ?
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...group-buy.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoquer View Post
is it possible to buy the non f-sport assembly to install?
No, cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxytocin View Post
For the experienced how long did this take?
4 Hours

E-Mail: info@nigel-jdmparts.com
Like us on Facebook for special promotions
SoCal Installer: Tommy @ Music Box in El Monte
Nigel-JDMParts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 04:35 PM   #12
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^ Everything he just said....

Approx 4 hrs for the first install.... We did take our time and also researched best wiring solutions..
Plus slowed down for photos & videos.. etc.. etc..

Going forward it should be approx 2 hours w/ OEM Steering Wheel Stalk...
And I would say 1-1.5 hrs with a basic on/off aftermarket switch.

~ Joe Z
Old 11-19-13, 07:08 AM   #13
Glashub
Lead Lap

This may sound dubious to some but I think the stalk that Tommy put in is superior to the one I had because there is a definite and palpable stop between the quick 3 blink flash and the continuous flash of the blinkers. My old stalk was kind of mushy feeling and it was a "by touch" deal to hit the stem hard enough for 3 blinks. But hit it too hard and I'd get continuous blinks. With this stalk there is a bit of a hard stop I have to push through to get to the continuous blinking. Maybe a perception thing -- I don't know but it feels real to me.

Last edited by Glashub; 11-19-13 at 09:32 AM..
Glashub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 08:56 AM   #14
Therealman
Rookie

Hey Joe Z if I buy these in the group buy you think you can help with the install?
Therealman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 09:03 AM   #15
abcsoup
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post
This may sound dubious to some but I think the stalk that Tommy put in is superior to the one I had because there is a definite and palpable stop between the quick 3 blink flash and the continuous flash of the blinkers. My old stalk was kind of mushy feeling and it was of a by touch deal to hit the tem hard enough for 3 blinks but hit it to hard and I'd get continuous blinks. With this stalk there is a bit of a hard stop I have to push through to get to the continuous blinking. Maybe a perception thing -- I don't know but it feels real to me.
The car I test drove had some mushy stalks too, but my personal car has very well defined detents for the different blinker settings.
Old 11-19-13, 09:03 AM

Tags
2014, 350, assist, chicago, events, fog, is350, jdm, kit, lamps, led, lexus, lights, parking, sale