Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - Third Generation (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation-249/)
-   -   Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation/717904-official-usdm-2014-is350-f-sport-w-jdm-led-fog-lamps-installed-pics-and-video-inside.html)

Joe Z 11-16-13 10:05 PM

Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside
 
1 Attachment(s)
Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside!

So today Tommy from "MusicBox" & I, successfully installed the OEM JDM spec LED Fog Lamps onto a US spec Lexus IS350 F-Sport.

These parts were acquired via CL Vendor @NigelJDMparts.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
He was excited to set up a Group Buy for the US owners.. :p

His kit includes these Lexus Japan OEM parts:
2 - L&R JDM LED Lamps, 2 - L&R JDM Fog Covers, 1 - Stalk Switch w/Fog On-Off Function and an aftermarket harness.

*As most of you know, as of today, the JDM specific parts are not available via the Lexus USA parts distribution centers.*

These are indeed directly imported from Japan.

The JDM parts naturally bolt right onto the US F-Sport bumper. The simple reason for that is only one bumper mold design is produced for the Global Market.

We already learned this on the 2013 GS F-Sport conversions we have done.
So the proper mounting points are just sitting there waiting to be used.

Some Facts:
1) You can Not buy these parts via a Lexus USA parts depts.
2) There is NO Fog wire harness or connectors inside the F-Sport bumper.
3) The physical parts bolt into place without any modifications or brackets.
4) The aftermarket harness is a good quality, but does take experience to properly route the wiring.
5) The OEM stalk function is a great feature, but it does take experience to properly wire to the existing aftermarket harness we used.
6) Steering wheel & Airbag removal is required if you select to install the OEM Fog Light stalk.
7) Install skill level is definitely not for the novice.
8) I definitely recommend an experienced installer that understands Fog Lamp / wiring installations.
9) The color temperature on the LED Fog Lamps are a perfect match to the LED Headlights.

Special thanks to Tommy @ MusicBox for taking care of the wiring on this install.
NigelJDM parts is awesome for supplying all these fantastic JDM parts...

And of course Many Thanks to local ClubLexus member "Glashub" for wanting these awesome fogs and spending the time today to get it all done right the first time..!! :woot:

Short Video link here: http://instagram.com/p/gy6csSuFEJ/

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/atta...port-image.jpg

Enjoy,

Joe Z :cool:

Joe Z 11-16-13 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More Detailed Install pics to follow...

:D

corsjr28 11-16-13 10:21 PM

Looks awesome! Where can I purchase this kit? And for how much?

Glashub 11-17-13 06:21 AM

A big THANK YOU to Joe Z for doing the intensive research needed to ensure that he and Nigel would be delivering the right parts to Club Lexus members, for testing the parts before installing them, for downloading and printing wiring instructions in case they were needed, for overseeing this “first install” project, for being an all around delightful guy, and for being a perfectionist.

Tommy at Music Box is wonderful to work with. Good natured, attentive, meticulous, and a man who is extremely talented with installs. The man knows what he’s doing and is a pleasure to be around.

A few of his friends stopped by while he was working on my car and it was a good time talking about cars, food, cracking jokes, and laughing while Tommy and Joe did the install. A lot of fun.

The car came out perfect. The car looks like it rolled off the line with the fog lamps and the stalk. Speaking of the fog lamps – to my eye they match the headlamps perfectly. I always felt like the car needed fog lamps. I tried to rationalize those feelings away but now that they’re installed – the front end looks complete whether the lamps are on or off.

Kudos to Nigel, Joe Z and Tommy for a job well done (and thanks to Tommy’s buddies for keeping it fun while I sat there).

PS - Please direct all pricing inquiries to Nigel or Joe.
PPS - All settings are saved while the battery is disconnected except for the clock and the air/heat settings.

SonyHome 11-17-13 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsjr28 (Post 8240459)
Looks awesome! Where can I purchase this kit? And for how much?

Are you planning to DIY? There is group buy thread on the Vendor Aftermarket forum and prices are listed there.

SonyHome 11-17-13 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Z (Post 8240447)
Official: USDM 2014 IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside!

So today Tommy from "MusicBox" & I, successfully installed the OEM JDM spec LED Fog Lamps onto a US spec Lexus IS350 F-Sport.

These parts were acquired via CL Vendor @NigelJDMparts.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
He was excited to set up a Group Buy for the US owners.. :p

His kit includes these Lexus Japan OEM parts:
2 - L&R JDM LED Lamps, 2 - L&R JDM Fog Covers, 1 - Stalk Switch w/Fog On-Off Function and an aftermarket harness.

*As most of you know, as of today, the JDM specific parts are not available via the Lexus USA parts distribution centers.*

These are indeed directly imported from Japan.

The JDM parts naturally bolt right onto the US F-Sport bumper. The simple reason for that is only one bumper mold design is produced for the Global Market.

We already learned this on the 2013 GS F-Sport conversions we have done.
So the proper mounting points are just sitting there waiting to be used.

Some Facts:
1) You can Not buy these parts via a Lexus USA parts depts.
2) There is NO Fog wire harness or connectors inside the F-Sport bumper.
3) The physical parts bolt into place without any modifications or brackets.
4) The aftermarket harness is a good quality, but does take experience to properly route the wiring.
5) The OEM stalk function is a great feature, but it does take experience to properly wire to the existing aftermarket harness we used.
6) Steering wheel & Airbag removal is required if you select to install the OEM Fog Light stalk.
7) Install skill level is definitely not for the novice.
8) I definitely recommend an experienced installer that understands Fog Lamp / wiring installations.
9) The color temperature on the LED Fog Lamps are a perfect match to the LED Headlights.

Special thanks to Tommy @ MusicBox for taking care of the wiring on this install.
NigelJDM parts is awesome for supplying all these fantastic JDM parts...

And of course Many Thanks to local ClubLexus member "Glashub" for wanting these awesome fogs and spending the time today to get it all done right the first time..!! :woot:

Short Video link here: http://instagram.com/p/gy6csSuFEJ/

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/atta...port-image.jpg

Enjoy,

Joe Z :cool:

Would dealer be able to install this and how much would they charge for install like this? How many hours is the installation process?

corradoMR2 11-17-13 08:00 AM

I was not initially a fan of the fogs as I do like the clean blacked-out openings "a-la LFA", but the fogs do add to the aggressiveness of the front-end. :thumbup:

Oxytocin 11-18-13 12:10 AM

For the experienced how long did this take?

semoquer 11-18-13 01:04 PM

is it possible to buy the non f-sport assembly to install?

Therealman 11-18-13 02:08 PM

I need these please is there a group buy where we can get a discount ?

Nigel-JDMParts 11-18-13 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsjr28 (Post 8240459)
Looks awesome! Where can I purchase this kit? And for how much?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...group-buy.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glashub (Post 8240674)
A big THANK YOU to Joe Z for doing the intensive research needed to ensure that he and Nigel would be delivering the right parts to Club Lexus members, for testing the parts before installing them, for downloading and printing wiring instructions in case they were needed, for overseeing this “first install” project, for being an all around delightful guy, and for being a perfectionist.

Tommy at Music Box is wonderful to work with. Good natured, attentive, meticulous, and a man who is extremely talented with installs. The man knows what he’s doing and is a pleasure to be around.

A few of his friends stopped by while he was working on my car and it was a good time talking about cars, food, cracking jokes, and laughing while Tommy and Joe did the install. A lot of fun.

The car came out perfect. The car looks like it rolled off the line with the fog lamps and the stalk. Speaking of the fog lamps – to my eye they match the headlamps perfectly. I always felt like the car needed fog lamps. I tried to rationalize those feelings away but now that they’re installed – the front end looks complete whether the lamps are on or off.

Kudos to Nigel, Joe Z and Tommy for a job well done (and thanks to Tommy’s buddies for keeping it fun while I sat there).

PS - Please direct all pricing inquiries to Nigel or Joe.
PPS - All settings are saved while the battery is disconnected except for the clock and the air/heat settings.

A BIG Thank you for your help too!! :thumbup::thumb up:

I hope you enjoy the fog light :woot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therealman (Post 8242858)
I need these please is there a group buy where we can get a discount ?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...group-buy.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by semoquer (Post 8242736)
is it possible to buy the non f-sport assembly to install?

No, cannot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxytocin (Post 8241889)
For the experienced how long did this take?

4 Hours

Joe Z 11-18-13 04:35 PM

^^ Everything he just said.... :p

Approx 4 hrs for the first install.... We did take our time and also researched best wiring solutions..
Plus slowed down for photos & videos.. etc.. etc.. ;)

Going forward it should be approx 2 hours w/ OEM Steering Wheel Stalk...
And I would say 1-1.5 hrs with a basic on/off aftermarket switch.

~ Joe Z

Glashub 11-19-13 07:08 AM

This may sound dubious to some but I think the stalk that Tommy put in is superior to the one I had because there is a definite and palpable stop between the quick 3 blink flash and the continuous flash of the blinkers. My old stalk was kind of mushy feeling and it was a "by touch" deal to hit the stem hard enough for 3 blinks. But hit it too hard and I'd get continuous blinks. With this stalk there is a bit of a hard stop I have to push through to get to the continuous blinking. Maybe a perception thing -- I don't know but it feels real to me.

Therealman 11-19-13 08:56 AM

Hey Joe Z if I buy these in the group buy you think you can help with the install?

abcsoup 11-19-13 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glashub (Post 8244103)
This may sound dubious to some but I think the stalk that Tommy put in is superior to the one I had because there is a definite and palpable stop between the quick 3 blink flash and the continuous flash of the blinkers. My old stalk was kind of mushy feeling and it was of a by touch deal to hit the tem hard enough for 3 blinks but hit it to hard and I'd get continuous blinks. With this stalk there is a bit of a hard stop I have to push through to get to the continuous blinking. Maybe a perception thing -- I don't know but it feels real to me.

The car I test drove had some mushy stalks too, but my personal car has very well defined detents for the different blinker settings.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved