IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Official: USDM 2014+ IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside

Old 01-07-14, 08:19 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I got my car yesterday and left it for dealer to install it and now they are telling me 4 hours to install the LED fog lights and stalk. They said they have to remove the bumper and steering wheel and just that is normally 3.5 hours. They also said 2 hours to change the puddle lights to LED! Any other suggestions on how to get LED Fog light and stalk installed In MN? If I cant' get it installed I may need to return this kit....
When I had mine installed -- they didn't have to remove the bumper. They put it on a hoist and pulled back the under guard enough to work on it and put it back in place. Then did the rest in the engine bay. Steering wheel did have to come off tho.
Old 01-07-14, 10:06 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Often times... Stealer ships are packed with licensed amateurs
Old 01-07-14, 10:49 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by aTeAse
If i were choosing option "1" in the Nigel JDM Parts site,

I see it includes the Fog light cover, but does that also include the actual Fog light housing?(For a incomplete install just missing wiring harness and stalk?)

If not, what is the point of purchasing option "1" if it only provides the Foglight cover?
Basically that’s the point.... Option 1 is just the Fog Log covers by themselves...

Nothing else..

~ Joe Z
Old 01-07-14, 11:00 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

I got my car yesterday and left it for dealer to install it and now they are telling me 4 hours to install the LED fog lights and stalk. They said they have to remove the bumper and steering wheel and just that is normally 3.5 hours. They also said 2 hours to change the puddle lights to LED! Any other suggestions on how to get LED Fog light and stalk installed In MN? If I cant' get it installed I may need to return this kit....
^^ You might need to find a different installer... Not sure that makes the kit returnable ?

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
LOL 2 hours to change puddle lights to LED? I did it in under 30 min taking my time. Find a place that wont rip you off. JoeZ even says its only 2 hours for full install with everything
^^ A qualified "Stereo Shop" or one that has experience in installing & wiring fog lamps would work in this case..

Delaerships in general will give "by the book" quotes on stuff like this.

~ Joe Z
Old 01-07-14, 01:33 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have details on how the wiring harness needs to be wired? It would be helpful if I can pass on this information.

Thank you.
Old 01-07-14, 04:31 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

My dealer started on the LED Fog light install but they are trying to figure out what this one green connecter is suppose to plug into from the harness. Joe or anyone that have done this install could you please let me know where that goes?

Please....

Thank you.
Old 01-07-14, 06:24 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

My dealer started on the LED Fog light install but they are trying to figure out what this one green connecter is suppose to plug into from the harness. Joe or anyone that have done this install could you please let me know where that goes?

Please....

Thank you.
To my knowledge, the small green connector harness is not used in this install...

The aftermarket H-11 harness kit is for several cars.

~ Joe Z
Old 01-07-14, 09:28 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
To my knowledge, the small green connector harness is not used in this install...

The aftermarket H-11 harness kit is for several cars.

~ Joe Z
Thank you Joe. I'll pass that one to them.
Old 01-08-14, 06:37 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Joe or others who have installed this, my dealer can't figure out how to installation the wires to the combo switch. This didn't come with any technical or installation information. Could anyone provide more details on this?

Also if you don't mind talking to my dealer directly to help please send me a PM with your contact info.

Thank you.

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-08-14 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-08-14, 06:50 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Try this

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ights-diy.html
Old 01-08-14, 06:52 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Thanks but he didn't install the stalk. Dealer needs help with the stalk switch wiring.
Old 01-08-14, 07:33 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Sorry for the hassles Sony. They'll figure it out.

I am grateful that Joe and Tommy did the install.
Old 01-08-14, 07:38 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Sorry for the hassles Sony. They'll figure it out.

I am grateful that Joe and Tommy did the install.
Hey not your fault or anyone's. I guess I can't say this wasn't one of the scenarios I thought could happen with this kit install. I knew that finding a good installer in MN was going to be a challenge.
Old 01-08-14, 09:58 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Joe or others who have installed this, my dealer can't figure out how to installation the wires to the combo switch. This didn't come with any technical or installation information. Could anyone provide more details on this?

Also if you don't mind talking to my dealer directly to help please send me a PM with your contact info.

Thank you.
The control wire that comes from the aftermarket harness has to be routed to the new stalk..

The stalk connector is labeled K23 below.. They need to run the wire into empty pins 10 & 11 - to get the On/Off function to work as intended..

They need to be experienced in aftermarket wiring, is the bottom line.

~ Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails Official: USDM 2014+ IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside-2014-fog-switch.jpg  
Old 01-08-14, 11:02 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The control wire that comes from the aftermarket harness has to be routed to the new stalk..

The stalk connector is labeled K23 below.. They need to run the wire into empty pins 10 & 11 - to get the On/Off function to work as intended..

They need to be experienced in aftermarket wiring, is the bottom line.

~ Joe Z
Thank you Joe. I'm sure this will be very helpful. I'll pass this on to my dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: USDM 2014+ IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside