IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Build date

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-13, 05:47 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Build date

If dealer states build date of 11/15 does that mean build start or when it's expected to be finished being built? If it's build start date then I assume that would take about a week to complete.
Old 11-14-13, 06:16 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told by my salesman that my build date was the week of 10/31. I received an email on 11/9 saying the car was on the ship heading to the states. So that week estimate may be accurate. Give or take a few days.
Old 11-14-13, 06:23 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moose66
I was told by my salesman that my build date was the week of 10/31. I received an email on 11/9 saying the car was on the ship heading to the states. So that week estimate may be accurate. Give or take a few days.
So build date is the build start date? If they take little longer to build my car could have same birthday as me!
Old 11-14-13, 06:28 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Tough to tell. Don't the cars have the actual build date on the door jamb plate? Maybe someone who has had that same information provided to them can give details. They were told the build date was ______, and the actual build date based on the jamb is _______.
Old 11-14-13, 06:31 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

I'd really be interested in seeing someone validate this. I actually got a VIN number along with my build date. I can't wait to see if they match. Or was the salesman just giving me something so that I would stop bugging the crap out of him?
Old 11-14-13, 06:39 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I'd really be interested in seeing someone validate this. I actually got a VIN number along with my build date. I can't wait to see if they match. Or was the salesman just giving me something so that I would stop bugging the crap out of him?
I didn't get a VIN#. But my build date is tomorrow so I'll check with my sales guy.
Old 11-14-13, 07:50 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My build sheet said Production Date: 10/26/13. Scheduled to arrive at LA port: 11/23/13.
Old 11-15-13, 04:22 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Tough to tell. Don't the cars have the actual build date on the door jamb plate? Maybe someone who has had that same information provided to them can give details. They were told the build date was ______, and the actual build date based on the jamb is _______.

Stamping on the door jamb is month/year
Old 11-15-13, 06:27 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a grip, people. The build date is by month and year. Our cars are not a piece of cheese that goes bad after a certain number of days. You are never going to pin down the exact date with any certainty, and it doesn't matter.
Old 11-15-13, 06:46 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Get a grip, people. The build date is by month and year. Our cars are not a piece of cheese that goes bad after a certain number of days. You are never going to pin down the exact date with any certainty, and it doesn't matter.
LOL! No one has lost it, at least not yet. I'm just trying to determine if build date dealer gave is start or expected end. It sounds like it may be build start date.
Old 11-15-13, 08:51 PM
semoquer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A car usually gets built in 18 hours.. Perhaps Lexus takes a little longer for quality... However, I don't think it will be more than 2 days at most.
Old 11-16-13, 05:41 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by semoquer
A car usually gets built in 18 hours.. Perhaps Lexus takes a little longer for quality... However, I don't think it will be more than 2 days at most.
Nice to get meaningful responses and input on the threads (that's not directed to you Evitzee). We have not "lost it." All you have here is a couple of folks, myself included, anxiously waiting for our cars. Just trying to nail down every possible event leading up to the delivery date in hopes that the car actually shows up early!
Old 11-16-13, 07:21 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to get meaningful responses and input on the threads (that's not directed to you Evitzee). We have not "lost it." All you have here is a couple of folks, myself included, anxiously waiting for our cars. Just trying to nail down every possible event leading up to the delivery date in hopes that the car actually shows up early!
Well said!
Old 11-16-13, 07:41 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by semoquer
So my dealer provided my VIN # today and said estimated ship date is 11/25. So if my build start date is 11/15 and it takes 2 days to build then why is the ship date 8 days later? I assume they would take 1 day to QC/QA the car.
Old 11-16-13, 11:15 AM
semoquer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
So my dealer provided my VIN # today and said estimated ship date is 11/25. So if my build start date is 11/15 and it takes 2 days to build then why is the ship date 8 days later? I assume they would take 1 day to QC/QA the car.
They're not gonna ship a single car right after its built... they have to make volume to fill up a RORO ship. That can be thousands of cars. So even though your car is built, they wait for the rest of the shipment to be built.

Quick Reply: Build date