Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Build date

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-13, 06:47 PM   #1
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Question Build date

If dealer states build date of 11/15 does that mean build start or when it's expected to be finished being built? If it's build start date then I assume that would take about a week to complete.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:16 PM   #2
moose66
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,040
Default

I was told by my salesman that my build date was the week of 10/31. I received an email on 11/9 saying the car was on the ship heading to the states. So that week estimate may be accurate. Give or take a few days.
__________________
'14 Lexus IS350 RWD Obsidian/Gray
'13 Lexus GS450h Nebula Gray Pearl/Black
'06 Nissan Frontier LE Extended Cab - Black/Gray
moose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:23 PM   #3
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose66 View Post
I was told by my salesman that my build date was the week of 10/31. I received an email on 11/9 saying the car was on the ship heading to the states. So that week estimate may be accurate. Give or take a few days.
So build date is the build start date? If they take little longer to build my car could have same birthday as me!
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:28 PM   #4
moose66
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,040
Default

Tough to tell. Don't the cars have the actual build date on the door jamb plate? Maybe someone who has had that same information provided to them can give details. They were told the build date was ______, and the actual build date based on the jamb is _______.
__________________
'14 Lexus IS350 RWD Obsidian/Gray
'13 Lexus GS450h Nebula Gray Pearl/Black
'06 Nissan Frontier LE Extended Cab - Black/Gray
moose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:31 PM   #5
moose66
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,040
Default

I'd really be interested in seeing someone validate this. I actually got a VIN number along with my build date. I can't wait to see if they match. Or was the salesman just giving me something so that I would stop bugging the crap out of him?
__________________
'14 Lexus IS350 RWD Obsidian/Gray
'13 Lexus GS450h Nebula Gray Pearl/Black
'06 Nissan Frontier LE Extended Cab - Black/Gray
moose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 07:39 PM   #6
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose66 View Post
I'd really be interested in seeing someone validate this. I actually got a VIN number along with my build date. I can't wait to see if they match. Or was the salesman just giving me something so that I would stop bugging the crap out of him?
I didn't get a VIN#. But my build date is tomorrow so I'll check with my sales guy.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 08:50 PM   #7
IS350S2K
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
IS350S2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 302
Default

My build sheet said Production Date: 10/26/13. Scheduled to arrive at LA port: 11/23/13.
IS350S2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 05:22 AM   #8
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose66 View Post
Tough to tell. Don't the cars have the actual build date on the door jamb plate? Maybe someone who has had that same information provided to them can give details. They were told the build date was ______, and the actual build date based on the jamb is _______.

Stamping on the door jamb is month/year
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 07:27 PM   #9
Evitzee
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Evitzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 3,069
Default

Get a grip, people. The build date is by month and year. Our cars are not a piece of cheese that goes bad after a certain number of days. You are never going to pin down the exact date with any certainty, and it doesn't matter.
__________________
2006 IS 350 - Tungsten Pearl/black ~ Carbon Fiber trim w/ Momo Combat Evo shift **** ~ NAV/ML/XM ~ Sport Package ~ Ground Effects ~ Lexon Roof Spoiler ~ G-Spiders ~ Race Mesh grille ~ 35% tint
2010 RX 350 - Black Sapphire/parchment ~ Nav ~ Luxury Package ~ Comfort Package ~ Heads Up Display


---------------------------
Evitzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 07:46 PM   #10
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evitzee View Post
Get a grip, people. The build date is by month and year. Our cars are not a piece of cheese that goes bad after a certain number of days. You are never going to pin down the exact date with any certainty, and it doesn't matter.
LOL! No one has lost it, at least not yet. I'm just trying to determine if build date dealer gave is start or expected end. It sounds like it may be build start date.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 09:51 PM   #11
semoquer
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ny
Posts: 90
Default

A car usually gets built in 18 hours.. Perhaps Lexus takes a little longer for quality... However, I don't think it will be more than 2 days at most.
semoquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 06:41 AM   #12
moose66
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoquer View Post
A car usually gets built in 18 hours.. Perhaps Lexus takes a little longer for quality... However, I don't think it will be more than 2 days at most.
Nice to get meaningful responses and input on the threads (that's not directed to you Evitzee). We have not "lost it." All you have here is a couple of folks, myself included, anxiously waiting for our cars. Just trying to nail down every possible event leading up to the delivery date in hopes that the car actually shows up early!
__________________
'14 Lexus IS350 RWD Obsidian/Gray
'13 Lexus GS450h Nebula Gray Pearl/Black
'06 Nissan Frontier LE Extended Cab - Black/Gray
moose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 08:21 AM   #13
CtSFox
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose66 View Post
Nice to get meaningful responses and input on the threads (that's not directed to you Evitzee). We have not "lost it." All you have here is a couple of folks, myself included, anxiously waiting for our cars. Just trying to nail down every possible event leading up to the delivery date in hopes that the car actually shows up early!
Well said!
__________________
2014 IS350 F Sport, Nebula Grey/Rioja Red, AWD, ML
CtSFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 08:41 AM   #14
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoquer View Post
A car usually gets built in 18 hours.. Perhaps Lexus takes a little longer for quality... However, I don't think it will be more than 2 days at most.
So my dealer provided my VIN # today and said estimated ship date is 11/25. So if my build start date is 11/15 and it takes 2 days to build then why is the ship date 8 days later? I assume they would take 1 day to QC/QA the car.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 12:15 PM   #15
semoquer
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ny
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post
So my dealer provided my VIN # today and said estimated ship date is 11/25. So if my build start date is 11/15 and it takes 2 days to build then why is the ship date 8 days later? I assume they would take 1 day to QC/QA the car.
They're not gonna ship a single car right after its built... they have to make volume to fill up a RORO ship. That can be thousands of cars. So even though your car is built, they wait for the rest of the shipment to be built.
semoquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 12:15 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change oil based on time at 4k miles? rad-man GS - Fourth Generation 5 10-02-14 11:24 PM
Build Date 11/91 SC300 Shiftone SC 400/300 11 03-11-14 01:12 AM
Lexus1904's 3GEN IS 350 MOD Build (Start to Finish) LEXUS1904 Build Threads 20 11-20-13 11:32 PM
95 alternator issue 95SC3T Performance & Maintenance 2 06-15-13 03:41 AM
Can we tell the build date from the VIN # EJC IS - Second Generation 6 09-28-09 07:49 PM


Tags
built, car, day, days, lexus, month, takes, vin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info