Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Build date

Old 11-16-13, 12:31 PM   #16
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoquer View Post
They're not gonna ship a single car right after its built... they have to make volume to fill up a RORO ship. That can be thousands of cars. So even though your car is built, they wait for the rest of the shipment to be built.
What is the frequency of these ships to US? Is there ship daily, weekly or by-weekly from Lexus to US?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 03:43 PM   #17
semoquer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHome View Post
What is the frequency of these ships to US? Is there ship daily, weekly or by-weekly from Lexus to US?
I would think that it is either weekly or bi-monthly. From your build date to ship date it is estimated that you will get your car a month after it is built. This is after shipping, customs, port assemblies, and delivery to dealership. Sony, what I'm trying to say is everything sounds NORMAL.

BTW can you give me the timeline of your order? I ordered on the 10th of OCT and have yet to hear anything from salesman. I want to know when you placed your order, and any update you got from your sales person.
semoquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 04:13 PM   #18
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoquer View Post
I would think that it is either weekly or bi-monthly. From your build date to ship date it is estimated that you will get your car a month after it is built. This is after shipping, customs, port assemblies, and delivery to dealership. Sony, what I'm trying to say is everything sounds NORMAL. BTW can you give me the timeline of your order? I ordered on the 10th of OCT and have yet to hear anything from salesman. I want to know when you placed your order, and any update you got from your sales person.
I ordered on 9/23, build on 11/15 and est ship on 11/25 with est pickup on week of 12/23.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-13, 04:13 PM