IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

My order has been assigned to dealer allocation. How much longer before I get my car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-13, 05:24 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question My order has been assigned to dealer allocation. How much longer before I get my car?

After 1 month and 2 weeks after I placed my order, today my dealer told me that my special order has been assigned to their allocation and should have exact build date this week when it shows up on their inventory. Does that mean my car will be built possibly starting next week? Just trying to figure out where in the process this would be. Based on information from others, I've noticed that it takes about a week for the car to be built and another week for it to be shipped.

Last edited by SonyHome; 11-05-13 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-06-13, 04:29 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With my order, the dealer received notification of the car being allocated to it. At that point the car had already been built and was awaiting shipping. It was 4 weeks shipping to the Port of New York and another 10 days for port preparation and shipping to my dealer.
Old 11-06-13, 04:39 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

My timeline is in my signature after your car is built it could be apx my wait time.
Old 11-06-13, 06:45 AM
sloosh
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
My timeline is in my signature after your car is built it could be apx my wait time.
That time frame is ridiculous. Most of us had to wait about 3 months. Mine was:

Ordered 7/5
Order picked up 7/20
Car built 9/17
Delivery about late October/Early November

Of course I ended up cancelling the order in early October and going to a dealership about 100 miles away as they got one in stock of exactly what I wanted, plus a few extras (ML, VGRS, BSM).
Old 11-06-13, 06:59 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
With my order, the dealer received notification of the car being allocated to it. At that point the car had already been built and was awaiting shipping. It was 4 weeks shipping to the Port of New York and another 10 days for port preparation and shipping to my dealer.
I really hope this is the case with my order also. If that's the case that would put me in middle of December when I get my car! Thank for the info.
Old 11-06-13, 07:00 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
I remember your posts. I think for some reason yours took much longer from the port to your dealer. Did you ever figure out why?
Old 11-06-13, 07:03 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sloosh

Ordered 7/5
Order picked up 7/20
Car built 9/17

Of course I ended up cancelling the order in early October and going to a dealership about 100 miles away as they got one in stock of exactly what I wanted, plus a few extras (ML, VGRS, BSM).
I stopped by the dealer because I was not getting any updates and I did see few 3IS in their lot. None of them matches what I want and they only had one F Sport on the lot. They did have few non-F Sport trims. But my dealer would never let me cancel my special order since I order RWD and in MN that would be hard to sell especially this time of the year.
Old 11-06-13, 07:43 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
. . . . . . . and in MN that would be hard to sell especially this time of the year.
Were you going to buy another car from them? They probably could have done a dealer swap with someone. If you had to order it, it is probably something someone else would have wanted.
Old 11-06-13, 07:48 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moose66
Were you going to buy another car from them? They probably could have done a dealer swap with someone. If you had to order it, it is probably something someone else would have wanted.
Yeah, I mentioned getting another trim or options that were more available and they told me I can't cancel my special order. But if it's going to be build next week or even is built already then I can wait it out. My current car selling a lot quicker than expected has made the wait little more painful since I'm having to share my wife's car.
Old 11-06-13, 08:00 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sloosh

Ordered 7/5
Order picked up 7/20
Car built 9/17

I got very lucky and got a dealer allotment. The part of the time frame I am referring to was after the build date how long it would take for the dealer to get the car.

The only reason I got my car in 7 weeks was an allotment the dealer was going to get if I put a deposit on the car or not.
Old 11-06-13, 08:01 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

I remember your posts. I think for some reason yours took much longer from the port to your dealer. Did you ever figure out why?
Not sure why it took so long to get the car once it hit the port. Guessing since it was a dealer allotment there was no priority set on the car once it hit the port. They had till the end of October for the dealer to get the car.
Old 11-06-13, 08:27 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I mentioned getting another trim or options that were more available and they told me I can't cancel my special order. But if it's going to be build next week or even is built already then I can wait it out. My current car selling a lot quicker than expected has made the wait little more painful since I'm having to share my wife's car.
Understood. I am in sort of the same situation. Put down a deposit on Aug 3rd. Sold the IS350C about a week later. Now spending most of my time in my truck, while the Mrs. cruises around in the G. Still waiting on my "special order" to show. Should only be a few weeks away. At this rate, it will be a December to Remember car. Already joked with my wife that the dealership better be getting the red bow/ribbon ready to put on the car. Of course, she doesn't like to hear that. Maybe even some special financing deals. Not that that really matters.
Old 11-06-13, 10:32 AM
sloosh
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But my dealer would never let me cancel my special order
Yeah the issue I had with the local dealer was that they said there would be absolutely no RWD that weren't special orders in my region - and yet on a whim I called a dealership where I used to live and they had 6 coming in. One happened to be a F-Sport with the color scheme I wanted.
Old 11-06-13, 03:56 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got update from my saleslady. Ordered on 8/26. Never got notification of build date.

Hope you're doing well!!! I finally got an update on your car. It is still in Japan. It is expected to leave this weekend and arrive at my LA port around 11/22-11/25. It is set for a very late November/early December delivery!! Will keep you posted as I get more info!
Old 11-06-13, 04:04 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
Just got update from my saleslady. Ordered on 8/26. Never got notification of build date.

Hope you're doing well!!! I finally got an update on your car. It is still in Japan. It is expected to leave this weekend and arrive at my LA port around 11/22-11/25. It is set for a very late November/early December delivery!! Will keep you posted as I get more info!
Do you know when your order was added to your dealer's allocation?

Quick Reply: My order has been assigned to dealer allocation. How much longer before I get my car?