IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Dealer Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-13, 10:28 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer Order Guide

Has anyone come across a dealer order guide for the 2014 IS?

The website is terrible and doesn't make clear what is actually available...
Old 11-04-13, 08:24 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

So nada, huh?
Old 11-04-13, 08:32 PM
semoquer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You get a good idea on the Lexus website on what you can get on an F sport, or a non-F sport.
Old 11-04-13, 09:03 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Yeah, the website configurator is pretty awful since it limits what configurations you can include in your search. If you're planning on custom-ordering, it's easier to view the features page:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/

Here, you can check out the different tabs for all the details. Start with the 'All Features' tab first to get an idea of what's standard, then flip over to the 'Options and Packages' tab to see pricing for individual options. As far as limitations for the US market, the ones I'm aware of are:

- Premium Package / Luxury Package / Luxury and Technology Package cannot be ordered with the F-Sport Package
- VGRS is not available for AWD models
- Mark Levinson may not be available for the IS-250 (not 100% sure on this)

The brochure also has a list of all the options like the site, but without pricing: http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/v2/...S-Brochure.pdf
Old 11-04-13, 10:38 PM
semoquer
Rookie

I think the lexus site is actually good. Some options cannot be added to the F sport package. like f sport and luxury package are a no go. If the dealer sends this order into Lexus, it will be denied. I hope your sales person knows what will work and what won't.
Old 11-05-13, 06:56 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by abcsoup
Yeah, the website configurator is pretty awful since it limits what configurations you can include in your search. If you're planning on custom-ordering, it's easier to view the features page:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/

Here, you can check out the different tabs for all the details. Start with the 'All Features' tab first to get an idea of what's standard, then flip over to the 'Options and Packages' tab to see pricing for individual options. As far as limitations for the US market, the ones I'm aware of are:

- Premium Package / Luxury Package / Luxury and Technology Package cannot be ordered with the F-Sport Package
- VGRS is not available for AWD models
- Mark Levinson may not be available for the IS-250 (not 100% sure on this)

The brochure also has a list of all the options like the site, but without pricing: http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/v2/...S-Brochure.pdf
Exceptionally informative post, abcsoup! Thank you!

I've been to lexus.com, but never came across the pages you list.

Confused as to why the All-Weather Package, Rear Sunshade and Parking Assist options are not found in dealer inventory in the NY-NJ-CT Tri-State area.

Otherwise, thought F Sport and Parking Assist weren’t able to be combined, but I see it’s an option on F Sport models…?
Old 11-05-13, 09:44 AM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by dbs600
Otherwise, thought F Sport and Parking Assist weren’t able to be combined, but I see it’s an option on F Sport models…?
Yeah, I believe it can be custom ordered on F-Sport models. Almost ticked that box myself!
Old 11-05-13, 09:54 AM
stupenal
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is sad that in this day and age, Lexus does not release the ordering guide for their cars while BMW has them readily available. I believe this is because Lexus is not as receptive and encouraging for customers to special order their cars unlike BMW. BMW does so far as to offer BMW Individual, for a truly custom experience.

The best ordering guide I've found so far has been the pdf linked above. I actually picked up the brochure from the local dealership and pored over it at home. What's sad is there's a Canadian order guide posted on this forum, but none for US.

Once you figure out your custom configuration, good luck finding a competent dealer to handle the order. The folks at the first two dealerships I kept telling me my configuration could not be built, despite what the brochure was saying. One told me there were changes to the build options after the brochure was printed. Yeah.
Old 11-05-13, 10:21 AM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by stupenal
It is sad that in this day and age, Lexus does not release the ordering guide for their cars while BMW has them readily available. I believe this is because Lexus is not as receptive and encouraging for customers to special order their cars unlike BMW. BMW does so far as to offer BMW Individual, for a truly custom experience.
Yes, I'm pretty certain that Lexus wants to discourage custom orders, probably because the dealers like to push their inventory (of course) so they get a sale in quickly. I feel like dealers don't like custom orders because it limits their control over the sale. If you're stuck having to work with a single dealership because they're the only ones with the right color/config, then they can charge you more than if you were to walk out and custom order from any one of the 5-6 dealers in the your area who'd have to compete for your business.
Old 11-05-13, 10:37 AM
FusterCluk
Driver

My Lexus dealership has been telling me that I can't get the Parking Assist on my 350 F-Sport, and now I see it on the website and the brochure. What gives?
Old 11-05-13, 12:39 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stupenal
I believe this is because Lexus is not as receptive and encouraging for customers to special order their cars unlike BMW. BMW does so far as to offer BMW Individual, for a truly custom experience.
I have a 2011 BMW 750Li xDrive Individual (Citrin Black over Amaro Brown with Piano Black Wood, amongst other special order features) and while BMW is vastly superior to Lexus in terms of special ordering a vehicle, unless in California, good luck finding a BMW dealer competent on BMW Individual! I went through hell ordering mine and ultimately had to deal directly with Germany, which BMWNA didn't like; a lot of wasted time to say the least. In sum, I learned BMW dealers dislike BMW Individual orders because they feel they risk getting stuck with the car if the customer walks...
Old 11-05-13, 12:43 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FusterCluk
My Lexus dealership has been telling me that I can't get the Parking Assist on my 350 F-Sport, and now I see it on the website and the brochure. What gives?
BS, right!?
Old 11-05-13, 01:11 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Omg, I just looked and there are more options for the California now... Like park assist and the rear sunshade.
Old 11-05-13, 01:21 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

you do? what part of cali? In norcal, I only see

FK (fsport) / BD (BSM) / GR (VGRS) / VN (Levinson) - $7845 package.

the PA (park assist) and HM (rear shade) are only for Luxury models (non Fsport)

Old 11-05-13, 01:58 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Park Assist

I think they are referring to this from http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/.

In the middle of the image is states "Intuitive Parking Assist" is available on the F Sport. I'm placing my order today and I have this question to my dealer, who is very competent.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer Order Guide-2014.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dealer Order Guide