Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2014 IS350 F-Sport Driver Door Rattle

Old 11-03-13, 12:57 AM   #1
h1ghtempla
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default 2014 IS350 F-Sport Driver Door Rattle

Hey...I got my all new Lexus but driver door has been rattle since 400 mile. It's like plastic vibrating and creeking....
I think it's the door panel is making the noise especially on rough road. When it rattles, I can place my hands on and share the vibration, then the noise would be somehow suppressed.
The problem is that I took it to dealer and they, as usual, cannot reproduce the problem!!
I took down the door panel myself, tightened all screws...and the noise...got worse....T.T
Did anyone get similar issues? I hope I can fix myself ...I have no faith in those dealers....

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
h1ghtempla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 07:08 AM   #2
cpham4
Driver School Candidate

my door rattles when the window is down a bit. pretty annoying. it's common which ive seen complaints of this forum

check out this DIY post http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-t...vers-side.html

Last edited by cpham4; 11-03-13 at 07:13 AM..
cpham4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 02:26 PM   #3
h1ghtempla
Driver School Candidate

Hi Thanks
I can fix the noise from B pillar now. But the controlling panel is still producing noise during rough road....
waiting for solution

thanks
Old 11-03-13, 03:09 PM   #4
abcsoup
Driver

I get an occasional rattle from the drivers door if I blast the ML system at very high volumes and at certain resonant bass frequencies. I don't get it over rough roads, though, so not sure if it's caused by the same thing.
Old 11-03-13, 03:46 PM   #5
SW13GS
Lexus Fanatic

Take it to another dealer. Whatever you do don't tell them you took the panel down yourself, they will try and use that as a reason not to cover the repair.

Some dealers are way better than others...try another one.

2013 GS350 AWD Luxury Package, Liquid Platinum with Flaxen Interior
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Maximum Steel with Indigo Blue/Brown interior
~Previous Lexus Vehicles~
2010 ES350, 2003 ES300 In the family: 2004 LS430, 1998 LS400
SW13GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 04:14 PM   #6
SimTide985
Driver

Yeah, make sure you report this to your dealer at some point, just so they can be aware and put the claim in
SimTide985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 06:17 PM   #7
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion

Glad the DIY helped, well, partially at least for your B-pillar.

From my experience with small creaks and rattles in the several Lexus vehicles I've owned, it has to do with two separate parts (usually two plastic pieces or one plastic and one metal) where the interface is either too tight, or loose fitting. The trick to resolving this is putting a low friction sound absorbing material like felt or fabric (hockey) tape between the two parts, and NOT to overtighten where screws are involved. This means adding the material on all clips and adjacent contact points or in between the two materials where the screws are in, etc. If you successfully took off the panel and put it back, try it again. Carefully study all contact points and place the tape/felt there. If still no luck, try another dealer as the others above have stated. Good luck.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-03-13 at 06:20 PM..
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-13, 01:43 AM   #8
abcsoup
Driver

Just resurrecting this older thread to say that my door rattle, which might be the same as the OP's, is getting worse with cold weather. It usually happens when listening to music at louder levels or going over very rough road, and while it used to happen pretty infrequently, it happens a bit more now with resonant bass notes.

I think it's the plastics shrinking from the low temperatures we've been having. The part that's causing it is the driver's side door's window/instrument panel. The black plastic border has a .3-.5 mm gap on the left side where it meets the silver aluminum trim, which I can feel rattling together when the door's bass speaker resonates at certain frequencies. If I put pressure on the gap to absorb the vibrations, the rattle disappears, but I can't think of a way to fit something in there when the gap is so tight.

I might try sticking a tiny piece of black fabric tape in there and see if it helps. The wind noise issue in another thread also started popping up a week or so ago for me.
Old 12-18-13, 12:43 PM   #9
waxy
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcsoup View Post
Just resurrecting this older thread to say that my door rattle, which might be the same as the OP's, is getting worse with cold weather. It usually happens when listening to music at louder levels or going over very rough road, and while it used to happen pretty infrequently, it happens a bit more now with resonant bass notes.

I think it's the plastics shrinking from the low temperatures we've been having. The part that's causing it is the driver's side door's window/instrument panel. The black plastic border has a .3-.5 mm gap on the left side where it meets the silver aluminum trim, which I can feel rattling together when the door's bass speaker resonates at certain frequencies. If I put pressure on the gap to absorb the vibrations, the rattle disappears, but I can't think of a way to fit something in there when the gap is so tight.

I might try sticking a tiny piece of black fabric tape in there and see if it helps. The wind noise issue in another thread also started popping up a week or so ago for me.
Take it to the dealer/service.

I took mine in yesterday for my 5000 service, and mentioned to them a third time about my door.
They told me to reschedule a time for it to be serviced, mentioned something about a component in the door that had to be replaced.

Still having iPod/iPhone issues as well.
waxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 12:05 AM   #10
h1ghtempla
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys
this is just my follow up.
I have came back and forth to DMV for fixing. they did some road test and could duplicate problem twice. they fixed seat belt and insulated handle. However they did not fix problem.
I mentioned master switch panel but they just did not believe me.
I bought insulating tape myself and I opened the switch panel, and I noticed noise when you apply some force to the switching device. I just applied tape to all contacting points.
the problem has gone....thank god....
Old 04-15-14, 01:28 AM   #11
YoMushi
Driver School Candidate

picture would be helpful as i am having the same problem. but on the passenger side as well...... it is kind of annoying.... thanks in advance.
YoMushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 06:23 AM   #12
hades281
Driver

I thought my drivers door panel was rattling, but I actually traced the problem to the white plastic clip holding the hood release lever. The hood release cable is tight, and road vibrations propagate through the cable like a guitar string. This made the white clip rattle against the black lower dashboard panel that it's clipped into.

I fixed this myself by dropping the lower drivers side dash panel down (2 screws + clips), unclipping the hood release lever and clip, and wrapping the white clip with felt tape to take up the gaps.
hades281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 07:50 AM   #13
gocubs08
Pole Position

wow. I have this same problem! I notice it more when its colder, but when i go over some bumps I can hear it, I kept trying to close the window tighter thinking that was the issue..

I figured my dealer would not be able to fix this since its so minor of an issue, but maybe I'll try soon!

**SOLD**08' IS350 Smoky Granite again, Nav, Luxury package, F-Sport intake, red-outs, Tint, LED City lights, Rear F-Sport Sway bar

**SOLD**07' -IS250 RWD Smoky Granite Mica- Cashmiere Int : Prem + HID/AFS Mods.. XM, Tint, OEM Spolier, OEM Chrome wheels, Red outs, LED City lights..
gocubs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 10:57 AM   #14
CJW
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Same here. it's pretty minor, but any music with some bass will rattle.
CJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 01:26 AM   #15
h1ghtempla
Driver School Candidate

sorry for late reply guys. actually my rattle was not fixed. it came back after awhile. I think it's from the inside door handle. When I press on that, the rattle disappeared...I may take back to dealer again....
Old 06-22-14, 01:26 AM