Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

finally got to test drive the 3IS Fsport 350 RWD

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-13, 05:48 PM   #1
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 849
Default finally got to test drive the 3IS Fsport 350 RWD

if any of you have been following my 2014 is still on order. and as crazy as it may sound i have been waiting all this time almost 3 months to get a car i still have not driven.
well today a dealer in denver contacted me as he know i was looking for a 350 F sport RWD
as luck would have it they just got in 2 of the corporate dest demos each with between 2400 and 2900 miles on them!
offered to make me a sweet deal.
to be honest i wasn't expecting to get a deal good enough to make me want to buy white car and they certainly didn't disappoint. they offered 3,000 off msrp but I've seen deals better than that
here already.
i could have got them down more but he already knew i wasn't interested in white and that i already have one on order that i left a 1k deposit for.

anyway, enjoyed the drive, my only complaint is the intake resonator that i have on my GS either didn't exist on this car or wasn't working. i guess i never asked any of the current owners if the IS had one i just assumed it did!
for those who don't know what i am talking about there is a resonator and i believe a tube that carries sound from the intake into the cabin of the car on the GS. it really gives the GS a nice growl when you get on the gas.
i was really bummed the IS didn't have that because it definitely adds a distinctive muscle sound to the car and it makes for a nice touch overall in the GS.
so now i got to figure out how to replicate that in the IS!

i loved the 8 speed transmission, i didn't realize how close together the gears seem to be, it almost feels CVT smooth to me despite the gears changing SO fast!
i mostly drove on the highway, got to play with the radar cruise and navigation a little bit.

anyway if anyone is looking for a fully loaded white with Rioja interior, mark lev, nav, BSM, PCS, F sport with a few miles i would like to at least help the sales guy sell one of them!

also included i dint know if this was standard or not but it has outside auto dimming mirrors but does not have the rear shade.
only looked at 1 car and i don't know if the others have those items or not.
if anyone is interested send me a pm and ill give you the sales guys contact info.
i think you might be able to get another couple thousand off if your a serious buyer.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Bass Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 06:03 PM   #2
CtSFox
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Mech View Post
if any of you have been following my 2014 is still on order. and as crazy as it may sound i have been waiting all this time almost 3 months to get a car i still have not driven.
well today a dealer in denver contacted me as he know i was looking for a 350 F sport RWD
as luck would have it they just got in 2 of the corporate dest demos each with between 2400 and 2900 miles on them!
offered to make me a sweet deal.
to be honest i wasn't expecting to get a deal good enough to make me want to buy white car and they certainly didn't disappoint. they offered 3,000 off msrp but I've seen deals better than that
here already.
i could have got them down more but he already knew i wasn't interested in white and that i already have one on order that i left a 1k deposit for.

anyway, enjoyed the drive, my only complaint is the intake resonator that i have on my GS either didn't exist on this car or wasn't working. i guess i never asked any of the current owners if the IS had one i just assumed it did!
for those who don't know what i am talking about there is a resonator and i believe a tube that carries sound from the intake into the cabin of the car on the GS. it really gives the GS a nice growl when you get on the gas.
i was really bummed the IS didn't have that because it definitely adds a distinctive muscle sound to the car and it makes for a nice touch overall in the GS.
so now i got to figure out how to replicate that in the IS!

i loved the 8 speed transmission, i didn't realize how close together the gears seem to be, it almost feels CVT smooth to me despite the gears changing SO fast!
i mostly drove on the highway, got to play with the radar cruise and navigation a little bit.

anyway if anyone is looking for a fully loaded white with Rioja interior, mark lev, nav, BSM, PCS, F sport with a few miles i would like to at least help the sales guy sell one of them!

also included i dint know if this was standard or not but it has outside auto dimming mirrors but does not have the rear shade.
only looked at 1 car and i don't know if the others have those items or not.
if anyone is interested send me a pm and ill give you the sales guys contact info.
i think you might be able to get another couple thousand off if your a serious buyer.
Glad you decided to wait for the car you wanted. For what its worth, I would think more than twice about buying a sport sedan demo. Even though this is a Lexus product, those are 3000 very hard miles, all test drives, early in the life of the engine. They would have to offer me a lot more that 3K off to take the risk of ownership here.
__________________
2014 IS350 F Sport, Nebula Grey/Rioja Red, AWD, ML
CtSFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 06:10 PM   #3
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Mech View Post
if any of you have been following my 2014 is still on order. and as crazy as it may sound i have been waiting all this time almost 3 months to get a car i still have not driven.
well today a dealer in denver contacted me as he know i was looking for a 350 F sport RWD
as luck would have it they just got in 2 of the corporate dest demos each with between 2400 and 2900 miles on them!
offered to make me a sweet deal.
to be honest i wasn't expecting to get a deal good enough to make me want to buy white car and they certainly didn't disappoint. they offered 3,000 off msrp but I've seen deals better than that
here already.
i could have got them down more but he already knew i wasn't interested in white and that i already have one on order that i left a 1k deposit for.

anyway, enjoyed the drive, my only complaint is the intake resonator that i have on my GS either didn't exist on this car or wasn't working. i guess i never asked any of the current owners if the IS had one i just assumed it did!
for those who don't know what i am talking about there is a resonator and i believe a tube that carries sound from the intake into the cabin of the car on the GS. it really gives the GS a nice growl when you get on the gas.
i was really bummed the IS didn't have that because it definitely adds a distinctive muscle sound to the car and it makes for a nice touch overall in the GS.
so now i got to figure out how to replicate that in the IS!

i loved the 8 speed transmission, i didn't realize how close together the gears seem to be, it almost feels CVT smooth to me despite the gears changing SO fast!
i mostly drove on the highway, got to play with the radar cruise and navigation a little bit.

anyway if anyone is looking for a fully loaded white with Rioja interior, mark lev, nav, BSM, PCS, F sport with a few miles i would like to at least help the sales guy sell one of them!

also included i dint know if this was standard or not but it has outside auto dimming mirrors but does not have the rear shade.
only looked at 1 car and i don't know if the others have those items or not.
if anyone is interested send me a pm and ill give you the sales guys contact info.
i think you might be able to get another couple thousand off if your a serious buyer.
Dang, I thought you were going to say you are going to buy this. I would have asked my sales guy to grab your car on the boat if you did!

2500 & 2900 miles are pretty high miles. I wonder if these were used for Lexus events where people are just hammering the car? Did they have VGRS and Power Tilt and Telescopic wheel?

I believe auto dimming mirrors are standard.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 06:21 PM   #4
Skinnyfats
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 321
Default

I drove a 250 F-sport since they didn't have a 350. But I got to drive a 350 luxury so it gave me a little bit of an idea how the 306 hp motor felt.
__________________
2014 Ultra White/ Rioja red F-Sport IS350 (Deposit on dealer allotment 9/9, Built 9/15, Shipped 9/24, Port 10/7, Delivery 10/25)
2005 Infiniti G35 Athens Blue
2001 IS300 Auburn Sky
Skinnyfats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 07:20 PM   #5
js1011
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 62
Default

***** on chin, bubba... 2000+ miles are already used and abused.
js1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 08:23 PM   #6
abcsoup
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 168
Default

Yeah, 3k off for almost 3000 hard, demo miles is a terrible deal, so it's good that you waited on your order. Trust me, it'll be worth it!
__________________
2014 IS 350 / AWD / F-Sport / Nav / ML / BSM
abcsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 08:44 PM   #7
alexlude
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
alexlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 539
Default

Terrible. 3k puts u right about at invoice only
__________________
2014 Lexus IS 350 FSport Ultra White / Rioja Red / Mark Lev / BSM
1996 Honda Prelude Si - Retired
alexlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 09:52 PM   #8
corradoMR2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,809
Default

The intake sound resonator is included with the 3IS F-Sport... Of course you only hear the extra growl in the higher 3k rpms and up. Strange that you didn't hear it kick in during the test drive.
__________________

___________________________________________________________________________
2014 IS250 AWD F-Sport, 2013 RX350 F-Sport, On Order: 2015 NX200t F-Sport
IS Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...ng-thread.html
Previous: 2011 CT, 2008 IS AWD, 2007 RXh, 2004 RX
corradoMR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 09:59 PM   #9
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
The intake sound resonator is included with the 3IS F-Sport... Of course you only hear the extra growl in the higher 3k rpms and up. Strange that you didn't hear it kick in during the test drive.
it definitely wasn't there audibly, i know because I've heard it may times in the GS
interestingly enough ive been looking online and i have yet to find an F sport package with auto dimming outside mirrors its offered in the luxury package and mentioned as a performance package under packages on lexus.com
i also did a build of a fully loaded f sport and its not mentioned on the build anywhere.
these cars i saw were definitely a unique build, no question they were corporate demo's
and i forgot to mention there were actually 3 of these cars not 2, i only saw 2 personally but was told there were 3 of them.
Bass Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 10:04 PM   #10
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 849
Default

i just went and looked at the GS in the garage and the resonator is just sitting alongside the intake pipe. i thought there was actually a tube that carries it into the cabin. but i guess not.
ive see the same in pictures on the 3IS so i am curious as to why this car had none of that sound.
maybe aftermarket intake? not likely on a test demo.
Bass Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 11:48 PM   #11
abcsoup
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Mech View Post
it definitely wasn't there audibly, i know because I've heard it may times in the GS
interestingly enough ive been looking online and i have yet to find an F sport package with auto dimming outside mirrors its offered in the luxury package and mentioned as a performance package under packages on lexus.com
i also did a build of a fully loaded f sport and its not mentioned on the build anywhere.
these cars i saw were definitely a unique build, no question they were corporate demo's
and i forgot to mention there were actually 3 of these cars not 2, i only saw 2 personally but was told there were 3 of them.
Auto-dimming exterior mirrors are offered as part of the blind spot monitor on F-Sport models. So if it has BSM, it should also have dimming mirrors. The Lexus site does not make this clear, however, so your confusion is understandable!
abcsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 01:13 AM   #12
Oxytocin
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcsoup View Post
Auto-dimming exterior mirrors are offered as part of the blind spot monitor on F-Sport models. So if it has BSM, it should also have dimming mirrors. The Lexus site does not make this clear, however, so your confusion is understandable!
Is this true? The paper thing on my car says it has auto dimming side mirrors, but I don't find this to be true. When I look at the side mirrors compared to the rear view mirror, I can see that the rear view has activated the auto dim, but the side mirrors look the same as when auto dim was not on for my rear view. I do have BSM for my IS.

So, are auto tilt and auto dimming separate for the side mirrors? I thought they were a joint deal...
Oxytocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 09:08 AM   #13
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcsoup View Post
Auto-dimming exterior mirrors are offered as part of the blind spot monitor on F-Sport models. So if it has BSM, it should also have dimming mirrors. The Lexus site does not make this clear, however, so your confusion is understandable!
well if that's the case then BONUS!
Bass Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 09:16 AM   #14
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Mech View Post
i just went and looked at the GS in the garage and the resonator is just sitting alongside the intake pipe. i thought there was actually a tube that carries it into the cabin. but i guess not.
ive see the same in pictures on the 3IS so i am curious as to why this car had none of that sound.
maybe aftermarket intake? not likely on a test demo.
I read on one of the reviews that it kicks in after ~4,000 RPM.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 12:20 PM   #15
abcsoup
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxytocin View Post
Is this true? The paper thing on my car says it has auto dimming side mirrors, but I don't find this to be true. When I look at the side mirrors compared to the rear view mirror, I can see that the rear view has activated the auto dim, but the side mirrors look the same as when auto dim was not on for my rear view. I do have BSM for my IS.

So, are auto tilt and auto dimming separate for the side mirrors? I thought they were a joint deal...
Yeah, I think the BSM includes auto-dimming mirrors. On my order sheet, the BSM option looks like the following image:
Attached Images
 
abcsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 12:20 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IS350 Test Drives - Impressions and Questions Spagolli94 IS - Third Generation 43 08-30-14 10:04 AM
To get a sportier exhaust from the 3GS430 hellofello GS - Third Generation 0 06-13-13 01:26 AM
Was Ready to Purchase a GS!! bigblack06 GS - Fourth Generation 121 01-04-13 07:21 AM
2001 is300 problem..clogged cats? yellexis3 IS - First Generation 2 12-13-12 10:04 PM
New to Lexus dezymond GS - Fourth Generation 20 10-08-12 12:01 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info