IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS F SPORT, IS F & FR-S Night Shoot in DTLA

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-13, 11:32 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default IS F SPORT, IS F & FR-S Night Shoot in DTLA

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...haha not quite but it was a bit hazy and chilly last night in Downtown LA. A few of us decided to do an impromptu night shoot in the Downtown LA area. You may recognize some of these spots from the 80's shows we grew up with like Knight Rider, CHiPs and etc. There was even an upcoming movie being filmed right next to us featuring Kevin Hart.

Integress, bnizzle87 my friend helloimgil from Club4AG and I met up last night and did a quick photo shoot in and around Downtown LA. integress' Forgestars really glow at night like a pair of Keds!

Here's bnizzle87's set of pics: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-in-dtla.html

[img]

Old 10-28-13, 01:56 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Next time let me know. Would love to join in with my ride
Attached Thumbnails IS F SPORT, IS F & FR-S Night Shoot in DTLA-image.jpg  
Old 10-28-13, 07:44 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Great pics as always
Old 10-28-13, 07:46 AM
LexFather

Awesome Ryan, great pics. Glad you didn't show all
Old 10-28-13, 08:13 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Very nice shoot
Old 10-28-13, 08:29 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics !!
Old 10-28-13, 08:40 AM
titoman110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the pictures...... I would love to join you guys for your next photo shoot. Hopefully buy then i will have my carbon fiber lips installed. PM with upcoming photo shoots. Thanks....
Old 10-28-13, 09:38 AM
js1011
Rookie

You can't get cars to shine like that with a bucket of water and a few cloth towels =p. Even the baby FR-S is shining well.

How often do you clay bar, and how often do you coat your car with a sealant? What else do you do?
Old 10-28-13, 09:39 AM
istasy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice work!
Old 10-28-13, 09:58 AM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome photo shoot! Great lookin rides!
Old 10-28-13, 01:49 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Excellent quality in the pics and cars of course. The Batmobile 3.0 is growing on me.... FAST
Old 10-28-13, 06:11 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by js1011
You can't get cars to shine like that with a bucket of water and a few cloth towels =p. Even the baby FR-S is shining well.

How often do you clay bar, and how often do you coat your car with a sealant? What else do you do?
Obsidian is by far the most difficult paint to keep clean that I've ever had, and I've had dark green, midnight blue, dark gray, and black with mica in it. This gloss black finish is both amazing and awful at the same time

I personally don't wash my car; I use quick detailer (meguiar's professional grade Mirror Glaze #34 Final Inspection) and soft microfiber cloths. If I drop a cloth on the floor, I don't use it anymore, because then I'd be rubbing dirt into my paint.

Also, when it's time to get rid of those scratches and swirls, I use the Porter Cable Dual Action orbital buffer and some Mirror Glaze #82 Swirl Free Polish to get them out. If that's not strong enough, I'll bust out the #85 Diamond Cut Compound. As for a sealant, I use #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0.

I go through the routine of polishing about 1x a month haha. Nothing like a good midnight detailing session in the garage

Originally Posted by titoman110
Love the pictures...... I would love to join you guys for your next photo shoot. Hopefully buy then i will have my carbon fiber lips installed. PM with upcoming photo shoots. Thanks....
Oohh nice! I'd like to see those carbon fiber pieces in person

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Excellent quality in the pics and cars of course. The Batmobile 3.0 is growing on me.... FAST

Excellent Batmobile is working her magic!!!

Or maybe it's the photographer's magic.... lol either way, it's working!
Old 10-28-13, 08:07 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It's a never-ending detailing war with Obsidian. It takes dedication to get this color, but the results are stunning, as everyone can see. The wheels did have that glow effect in person.
Old 10-28-13, 08:54 PM
js1011
Rookie

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Obsidian is by far the most difficult paint to keep clean that I've ever had, and I've had dark green, midnight blue, dark gray, and black with mica in it. This gloss black finish is both amazing and awful at the same time

I personally don't wash my car; I use quick detailer (meguiar's professional grade Mirror Glaze #34 Final Inspection) and soft microfiber cloths. If I drop a cloth on the floor, I don't use it anymore, because then I'd be rubbing dirt into my paint.

Also, when it's time to get rid of those scratches and swirls, I use the Porter Cable Dual Action orbital buffer and some Mirror Glaze #82 Swirl Free Polish to get them out. If that's not strong enough, I'll bust out the #85 Diamond Cut Compound. As for a sealant, I use #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0.

I go through the routine of polishing about 1x a month haha. Nothing like a good midnight detailing session in the garage
I was thinking about buying a DA buffer. I saw the video from Meguiar. Is it simple to use the first time to where I won't mess up the paint job? I just might buy it once I hear back from you how fool proof it is to use =p.

I have had my car since late September, and I don't see any swirls yet. However, the color of my car is Ultra White, so I might need to take a harder look.

Last question: What do you or your friends use to clean the inside?
Old 10-28-13, 08:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Next time let me know. Would love to join in with my ride
Originally Posted by titoman110
Thank you. And yes, will keep you guys in mind very soon.

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Awesome Ryan, great pics. Glad you didn't show all
LOL but of course.

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Great pics as always
Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Very nice shoot
Originally Posted by alexlude
Great pics !!
Originally Posted by istasy
Very nice work!
Originally Posted by bruteshot2
Awesome photo shoot! Great lookin rides!
Thanks for the kind words y'all!

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Originally Posted by IntegresS

Excellent Batmobile is working her magic!!!

Or maybe it's the photographer's magic.... lol either way, it's working!
It's the cars not the photographer.

Originally Posted by js1011

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
It's a never-ending detailing war with Obsidian. It takes dedication to get this color, but the results are stunning, as everyone can see. The wheels did have that glow effect in person.
TLC! A great detail job always yields amazing results, especially on camera.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-28-13 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: IS F SPORT, IS F & FR-S Night Shoot in DTLA