IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New Tires for the 2014 IS 350 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 05:20 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 31 Posts
Default New Tires for the 2014 IS 350 F-Sport

I'm going to be taking delivery of my car in the next week or so and the stock tires are pretty much garbage and will need to be replaced during my lease term of 24k miles. I figure I'll give them a few thousand miles of thrashing but leave enough tread on them so that they meet the lease return requirements and then swap to a better tire so I can really enjoy the car while I have it.

With that said, I'm tire shopping. I put Continental ExtremeContact DW's on my previous C63 AMG and they were really nice. I'm leaning heavily on putting the same tire on the IS 350 and then swapping back to the stock tires at the end of the lease. Has anyone put these on the IS 350 F-Sport yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I don't want to go through the expense of swapping rims on a lease.

Also has anyone thought about adding a bit more width on the tires F and R using the stock wheels? If so, what sizes did you go with?
Old 10-21-13, 08:50 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unixadm
I'm going to be taking delivery of my car in the next week or so and the stock tires are pretty much garbage and will need to be replaced during my lease term of 24k miles. I figure I'll give them a few thousand miles of thrashing but leave enough tread on them so that they meet the lease return requirements and then swap to a better tire so I can really enjoy the car while I have it.

With that said, I'm tire shopping. I put Continental ExtremeContact DW's on my previous C63 AMG and they were really nice. I'm leaning heavily on putting the same tire on the IS 350 and then swapping back to the stock tires at the end of the lease. Has anyone put these on the IS 350 F-Sport yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I don't want to go through the expense of swapping rims on a lease.

Also has anyone thought about adding a bit more width on the tires F and R using the stock wheels? If so, what sizes did you go with?
Sorry--I don't have a direct answer to your questions, but I can second your good feelings about the Conti Extreme Contact DW's, which I put on an Accord V6 I traded for the Lexus. Excellent tire, great price, way too good for the Honda. Better still are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports I put on my Mustang GT--terrific tires--I don't have enough positive adjectives to describe them--but very expensive. I'll buy those tires when I run out of tread on the Bridgestones. That said, I also intend to dump the staggered fitment and square all four corners. I'd like to know if the 8.5" rear wheels will fit up front with 255-35-18 tires.
Old 10-21-13, 10:35 PM
js1011
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Sorry--I don't have a direct answer to your questions, but I can second your good feelings about the Conti Extreme Contact DW's, which I put on an Accord V6 I traded for the Lexus. Excellent tire, great price, way too good for the Honda. Better still are the Michelin Pilot Super Sports I put on my Mustang GT--terrific tires--I don't have enough positive adjectives to describe them--but very expensive. I'll buy those tires when I run out of tread on the Bridgestones. That said, I also intend to dump the staggered fitment and square all four corners. I'd like to know if the 8.5" rear wheels will fit up front with 255-35-18 tires.
I can't wait to get new tires, but like you - I will wait until my current tires run thin. I also want to get the Pilot Super Sports, but I am also intrigued with the PS2. However, the PS2's are pricier, but the Michelin's rating system rates the Pilot Super Sport's higher - even though they are cheaper. I don't understand why. Nonetheless, I can't wait to get the super sport tires.
Old 10-21-13, 10:40 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

already mentioned which i would be considering..

- Mich PSS
- Continental EC DW
Old 10-22-13, 08:09 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 31 Posts

Well I think for a price versus performance aspect, I'm going to go with the Continental DW's. I may try to go a bit wider, but I'll discuss with Americas's Tire when I order the tires.

Thanks for the info!