IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

I Survived the Wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 12:26 PM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
Also don't forget you have the port installed options. That is part of the process. Mine got to Long Beach port on 10/7 still hasn't made it here to Texas yet.
My rep told me all port assembly is done, just waiting for processing. I asked him what assembly takes place at the port but he couldn't specify. Does anyone know what gets done at the port from an assembly perspective?
Old 10-23-13, 12:31 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe that a lot of electronics are installed in port.
Old 10-23-13, 01:41 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by georgeowls
My rep told me all port assembly is done, just waiting for processing. I asked him what assembly takes place at the port but he couldn't specify. Does anyone know what gets done at the port from an assembly perspective?
Wheel locks, bumper film, paint protection film, trunk mat. Simple installs not sure about what else they will do at the port. Not very much just the sheer volume of cars they have to deal with is crazy and it never stops.
Old 10-23-13, 07:03 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Also don't forget you have the port installed options. That is part of the process. Mine got to Long Beach port on 10/7 still hasn't made it here to Texas yet.
It may have been snatched by someone else! j/k

You are really close Skinnyfats! Don't forget to upload ton of pictures so we can enjoy the car through you!
Old 10-24-13, 05:25 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

damn never seen a car that new

has the plastics on the seats and everything
Old 10-24-13, 05:38 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
It may have been snatched by someone else! j/k

You are really close Skinnyfats! Don't forget to upload ton of pictures so we can enjoy the car through you!
Honestly starting to think that it may have happened. If it doesn't come in by next week Thursday then I really think something is up.
Old 10-24-13, 07:08 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Infamous3
damn never seen a car that new

has the plastics on the seats and everything
Yeap, the car went straight from the delivery truck to the parking lot where I took a couple pics and then straight to get inventoried and detailed and then parked in the back away from people The car had 4 miles, I took the pic leaving the dealership but it turned to 5 miles already.

Honestly starting to think that it may have happened. If it doesn't come in by next week Thursday then I really think something is up.
Don't give up hope, that same thought quickly passed through my head for a second but don't get frustrated. My car arrived a few days late from the original date, instead of the 8th it came in on the 12th and then what was supposed to take 3-5 days to get from the port of Jacksonville to Pembroke Pines (a bit north of Miami) took 9 days and it was in the same state, only about a 6 hour drive..... just be patient (easier said than done I know I know, trust me, I really know) it's worth it!
Old 10-24-13, 07:15 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

If you put money down to reserve then other dealers shouldn't be able to grab it. Did you reserve it?
Old 10-28-13, 07:48 AM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

My dealer emailed me this morning saying my car has finally arrived at the dealership! If anyone else in the Northeast was expecting delivery this week hopefully your wait is almost over as well.

Almost 4 months for me but all that's left is getting over to the dealer and picking it up.
Old 10-28-13, 08:30 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

My dealer emailed me this morning saying my car has finally arrived at the dealership! If anyone else in the Northeast was expecting delivery this week hopefully your wait is almost over as well. Almost 4 months for me but all that's left is getting over to the dealer and picking it up.
Pics when you pick her up!
Old 10-28-13, 08:42 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Love the color combo
Old 10-28-13, 08:52 AM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

I mentioned to my dealer that I knew some friends that picked up their cars and received free key gloves in their glove compartment, which I read from another thread, the dealer said they'd throw in a free pair for me!

Might be worth trying for anyone else that's interested.
Old 10-28-13, 12:52 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer emailed me this morning saying my car has finally arrived at the dealership! If anyone else in the Northeast was expecting delivery this week hopefully your wait is almost over as well.

Almost 4 months for me but all that's left is getting over to the dealer and picking it up.
I checked with my dealer today and my car shows freight which means it is on the truck. It is almost here. I am glad to see that you have yours.
Old 10-28-13, 06:24 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Nice...cant wait for mine
Lexus of Pembroke Pines
Old 10-28-13, 07:02 PM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

On the drive home from the dealer I had my phone paired via Bluetooth for the phone. If I connected to audio via Bluetooth I could no longer access my phone contacts via the menu. Am I doing something wrong or you can only use one or the other?

Quick Reply: I Survived the Wait!!!