IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anyone receive F Sport with Rear Power Sun Shade?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-13, 07:19 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Anyone receive F Sport with Rear Power Sun Shade?

I noticed on Lexus.com this option was removed from the IS350 F Sport RWD. Just wondering if anyone has received a F Sport with Rear Power Sun Shade option.
Old 10-20-13, 07:29 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I noticed on Lexus.com this option was removed from the IS350 F Sport RWD. Just wondering if anyone has received a F Sport with Rear Power Sun Shade option.
i gave up on lexus.com a long time ago. their site and options i believe reflects what inventory is either currently on the ground at nearby dealerships or what is already allocated to the region. further you will find that no matter the zip code everything is going to be the same based on where the receiving port for that dealership is.
so for colorado as an example, all the cars that come to the western region, CO, MT, OR, UT, ND,SD will all have the same build available.
at the moment in colorado if you select F sport RWD you get a message saying that the model you requested is unavailable in your region.
when just 2 months ago there was not only RWD but 2 different packages available and i picked the one that included the rear shade which was also combined with the PCS.
now you cant even find any RWD option in my area.

So i don't think they stopped making it, you would either have to special order it or go to a dealer who already has it available in their region.
they may have stopped offering it as one of the prebuilt packages they are allocating to regions. but if you wanted it, i believe it could be added.
i know yours is already ordered so not sure why your worried about it.
Old 10-20-13, 07:41 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i gave up on lexus.com a long time ago. their site and options i believe reflects what inventory is either currently on the ground at nearby dealerships or what is already allocated to the region. further you will find that no matter the zip code everything is going to be the same based on where the receiving port for that dealership is.
so for colorado as an example, all the cars that come to the western region, CO, MT, OR, UT, ND,SD will all have the same build available.
at the moment in colorado if you select F sport RWD you get a message saying that the model you requested is unavailable in your region.
when just 2 months ago there was not only RWD but 2 different packages available and i picked the one that included the rear shade which was also combined with the PCS.
now you cant even find any RWD option in my area.

So i don't think they stopped making it, you would either have to special order it or go to a dealer who already has it available in their region.
they may have stopped offering it as one of the prebuilt packages they are allocating to regions. but if you wanted it, i believe it could be added.
i know yours is already ordered so not sure why your worried about it.
I was asking because it was an option in my zip before but it is not. I did special order with this and it was accepted but I believe they told me they could change any option availability any time.

I'm curious if anyone has received a F Sport car in US with this just to confirm.
Old 10-21-13, 06:35 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 350 RWD that I am due to get any day now, has the rear sunshade. It was ordered in May. They may have changed.
Old 10-21-13, 10:45 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I should be getting my 350 F Sport RWD by the end of the month and it should have the rear sunshade as it was included in the package I chose for the car.
Old 10-21-13, 01:37 PM
chowner
Rookie

Yes I did, but mine is an AWD F-SPORT and from Canada...
Old 10-21-13, 01:44 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

I could have had it if I wanted my IS in White. They had one 350 F Sport at the dealer with the power rear sunshade, but I didn't really want that option nor did I want white.
Old 10-21-13, 03:39 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JGard18
I could have had it if I wanted my IS in White. They had one 350 F Sport at the dealer with the power rear sunshade, but I didn't really want that option nor did I want white.
Thanks. At least that proves they do make them with it.
Old 02-01-16, 08:30 AM
woowoo
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chowner
Yes I did, but mine is an AWD F-SPORT and from Canada...
Pics? And video demo? Please thank you!
Old 02-02-16, 07:06 AM
A2BLexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got it for my 2014 IS250 F Sport AWD. I haven't made use of it very much since I've got tinted windows all around.
Old 02-02-16, 10:05 AM
Northevo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it on my f sport 350 awd series 3. I used it once accidentally when I wanted to know what the button did lol.
Old 02-02-16, 03:26 PM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by woowoo
Pics? And video demo? Please thank you!
Here's a video I recorded for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGM...ature=youtu.be

This is in my 2015 IS350 F-Sport.