This wait is killing me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-13, 04:04 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
How do you check your status online?
Does greggy23 possibly work for Toyota/Lexus in some capacity? No one else has mentioned anything about online tracking.
Old 10-16-13, 10:27 AM
greggy23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
Does greggy23 possibly work for Toyota/Lexus in some capacity? No one else has mentioned anything about online tracking.
Yes, employee can track their purchases online. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 10-16-13, 11:01 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greggy23
Yes, employee can track their purchases online. Sorry for the confusion.
Can you track mine!? Lack of update is more troubling than anything! Oh, also if Lexus could build purchased cars first that would be great also!
Old 10-16-13, 11:15 AM
greggy23
Rookie

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Can you track mine!? Lack of update is more troubling than anything! Oh, also if Lexus could build purchased cars first that would be great also!
Sorry, can only track my own purchase.
Old 10-16-13, 12:12 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by greggy23
Sorry, can only track my own purchase.
I have the ID or whatever info that was printed for me if you need that.

How long before Lexus starts building after you order? Mine was put into the system on 9/24.
Old 10-16-13, 01:05 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

My car was built 9/16 and arrived at Long Beach on 10/7. Dealer says another couple of weeks. Your car might get built this week or next week. After it is built you can ask your salesperson for the "Vehicle Inquiry Report." That will tell you what boat it is on and track it that way. Once it hits the US you can't track it and you are at the mercy of customs, trains and trucks to your dealer lot.

Your dealer might be able to give you your build date. My timeline is in my signature.
Old 10-16-13, 03:52 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

My car was built 9/16 and arrived at Long Beach on 10/7. Dealer says another couple of weeks. Your car might get built this week or next week. After it is built you can ask your salesperson for the "Vehicle Inquiry Report." That will tell you what boat it is on and track it that way. Once it hits the US you can't track it and you are at the mercy of customs, trains and trucks to your dealer lot.

Your dealer might be able to give you your build date. My timeline is in my signature.
Thanks. I hope it will be build soon but there were some comments about if my car was even "confirmed" by Lexus on this site since people were saying they do it at the 20th of each month which means my car hasn't even been confirmed.

I called my dealership, because my sales guy quit Lexus and they told me my order is "locked" which means I can't change anything. But fortunately Paint Protection Film I wanted to remove is port installed option and can be cancelled any time before they put the car on the rail per the dealer.

So... I'm not even sure if my order has been confirmed for real and it will be built soon!

Also didn't you get someone else's order? I thought you mentioned that. Your timeline seems very much shorter at every step compared to what I read from others on this forum.

Last edited by SonyHome; 10-16-13 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-16-13, 05:09 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Thanks. I hope it will be build soon but there were some comments about if my car was even "confirmed" by Lexus on this site since people were saying they do it at the 20th of each month which means my car hasn't even been confirmed.

I called my dealership, because my sales guy quit Lexus and they told me my order is "locked" which means I can't change anything. But fortunately Paint Protection Film I wanted to remove is port installed option and can be cancelled any time before they put the car on the rail per the dealer.

So... I'm not even sure if my order has been confirmed for real and it will be built soon!

Also didn't you get someone else's order? I thought you mentioned that. Your timeline seems very much shorter at every step compared to what I read from others on this forum.
I got a dealer allotment. Mine wasn't a special order. Basically the dealer was going to get this car if I ordered it or not. I just put money down to hold this allotment when it comes in for me.
Old 10-18-13, 06:34 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wait will be over shortly. I have been told that my car has the official status in the system of being in port. Hopefully the processing is fast and I will have it in a few days. It has been an arduous 5 months and I cannot wait to see the new baby and join the ranks of an official 3rd generation IS driver.
Old 10-18-13, 07:47 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
My wait will be over shortly. I have been told that my car has the official status in the system of being in port. Hopefully the processing is fast and I will have it in a few days. It has been an arduous 5 months and I cannot wait to see the new baby and join the ranks of an official 3rd generation IS driver.
Hope you get it soon!
Old 10-18-13, 08:48 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope you get it soon!
Myself as well. The journey has been torture but the goal is going to be well worth it.
Old 10-18-13, 09:00 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
Myself as well. The journey has been torture but the goal is going to be well worth it.
I just don't understand how it could take 5 MONTHS! Did your dealer give you any explanation since others are getting theirs in ~ 3 months?
Old 10-18-13, 09:48 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't understand how it could take 5 MONTHS! Did your dealer give you any explanation since others are getting theirs in ~ 3 months?
+1 . . . . . It would take plenty of effort for someone to explain that long of a wait to me. I mean I am at wits end here with my wait, which has been 2 1/2 months. I couldn't imagine 5 months.
Old 10-18-13, 10:02 AM
georgeowls
Driver School Candidate

My wait is currently at 3.5 months, placed order on July 5th and still waiting.
Old 10-18-13, 10:23 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by georgeowls
My wait is currently at 3.5 months, placed order on July 5th and still waiting.
Did they give you a build date?

Quick Reply: This wait is killing me!!!