IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Blend Out! An Actual Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 01:37 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use vinyl to red out your taillight?
Old 10-23-13, 04:26 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlude
definitely have to say the FRS/BRZ is a very balanced car!
Yes indeed it is

Originally Posted by amoney805
Did you use vinyl to red out your taillight?
Yep, red vinyl was installed on just the clear section where the turn signal is:

Old 10-23-13, 08:10 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

Looks good! Is the vinyl made for our cars or did someone do it for u?
Old 10-24-13, 06:04 AM
bfrd
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks great. I can only imagine how many double-takes you get while driving. You just need a bat-signal start button.
Old 10-24-13, 12:03 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by amoney805
Looks good! Is the vinyl made for our cars or did someone do it for u?
Thank you Impressive Wrap did it for me. And a fine job they did

Originally Posted by bfrd
Looks great. I can only imagine how many double-takes you get while driving. You just need a bat-signal start button.
Haha, Oh yeah, I get a nice mix of looks, from pedestrians and other drivers and motorcyclists -- from the confused, to the shocked to the smiles and laughs. And some thumbs up!
Old 10-24-13, 04:55 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

At least nobody wrecked as they were driving by while looking.
Old 11-11-13, 04:57 PM
sananikone
Driver School Candidate

Props for doing your own thing regardless what people would say/think. I actually like and appreciate the originality. Seems like the scene could use some originality lately especially with more and more people all modding their cars similarly now a days. My only suggestion is just maybe just a tad bit more low to get rid of some of that fender gap and it'd be spot on!

(Then again I could even be wrong on that and it could just be the pic angles and already sits perfect in real life)

Either way. PROPS!
Old 11-11-13, 07:19 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't you drive a TC before? username sounds familiar.

Nice car by the way.
Old 11-12-13, 09:24 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sananikone
Props for doing your own thing regardless what people would say/think. I actually like and appreciate the originality. Seems like the scene could use some originality lately especially with more and more people all modding their cars similarly now a days. My only suggestion is just maybe just a tad bit more low to get rid of some of that fender gap and it'd be spot on!

(Then again I could even be wrong on that and it could just be the pic angles and already sits perfect in real life)

Either way. PROPS!
Thank you! I started planning for the car back in February of this year, and I knew I wanted something different from my usual black car/ gunmetal wheel look. It's bold, and ugly to some, but I like it

You're right about the drop, and I do wish I could go lower to rid that gap in the rear, but I can't go lower without having to roll my fenders (and even that may not solve the problem) or else my tires will get chewed up in no time I'm not ready to change my wheels just yet, so for now, my plan is to get a lip kit and roll with the current drop

Plenty of room on the underside to add a front lip, side skirts and rear diffuser

Originally Posted by Initial_K
Didn't you drive a TC before? username sounds familiar.

Nice car by the way.

Thank you kindly

Yes, I used to have a 2005 tC in the Flint Mica color, which I left stock. Then I got a 2008 tC in Black Sand Pearl, which had just about every Scion and TRD accessory offered (minus the supercharger unfortunately)
Old 11-12-13, 11:50 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Thank you! I started planning for the car back in February of this year, and I knew I wanted something different from my usual black car/ gunmetal wheel look. It's bold, and ugly to some, but I like it

You're right about the drop, and I do wish I could go lower to rid that gap in the rear, but I can't go lower without having to roll my fenders (and even that may not solve the problem) or else my tires will get chewed up in no time I'm not ready to change my wheels just yet, so for now, my plan is to get a lip kit and roll with the current drop

Plenty of room on the underside to add a front lip, side skirts and rear diffuser

Thank you kindly

Yes, I used to have a 2005 tC in the Flint Mica color, which I left stock. Then I got a 2008 tC in Black Sand Pearl, which had just about every Scion and TRD accessory offered (minus the supercharger unfortunately)
FWIW I don't like dropped cars, but since your drop is so subtle if I were do drop my car, yours looks about perfect to me. I love the WIDE LOOK of the wheels as long as I have my sunglasses on! LMAO
I've often wondered if it's possible to machine the inside of the wheel hub so it sits closer to the car without loosing structural integrity of the hub area so the wheel can sit a little closer to the car. sometimes it is hard to find the exact right offset.
Old 11-21-13, 04:45 AM
sananikone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IntegresS

Thank you kindly

At the end of the day, as mentioned it looks great with more low or not. Having years of experience working for a large named forged wheel manufacturer, you wouldn't believe how tired of seeing the same ol' drab B.S setups and color ways that simply get recirculated and brought back to life. Bottom line its ALWAYS nice to see someone doing something new/off the wall/pushing the limits, and you did it well (even though Im not a fan of forgestar ). Congrats, look forward to the progress pics with the kit!!! keep killin em' girl!
Old 11-21-13, 04:44 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
FWIW I don't like dropped cars, but since your drop is so subtle if I were do drop my car, yours looks about perfect to me. I love the WIDE LOOK of the wheels as long as I have my sunglasses on! LMAO
I've often wondered if it's possible to machine the inside of the wheel hub so it sits closer to the car without loosing structural integrity of the hub area so the wheel can sit a little closer to the car. sometimes it is hard to find the exact right offset.
Thank you

I thought about machining the inside of the wheel hub but I just don't feel safe doing so. And I wouldn't feel comfortable selling the wheels like that afterward either.

Originally Posted by sananikone
At the end of the day, as mentioned it looks great with more low or not. Having years of experience working for a large named forged wheel manufacturer, you wouldn't believe how tired of seeing the same ol' drab B.S setups and color ways that simply get recirculated and brought back to life. Bottom line its ALWAYS nice to see someone doing something new/off the wall/pushing the limits, and you did it well (even though Im not a fan of forgestar ). Congrats, look forward to the progress pics with the kit!!! keep killin em' girl!

Thank you kindly

I know a lot of people aren't a huge fan of Forgestar, but so far I haven't had any issues with the product. I honestly chose the brand I did based on one thing and one thing only- I saw their setup at SEMA last year, had never even heard of Forgestar before, but I really liked the design of the wheel. A few months later, I found Mod Bargains and decided to go for it. I was originally looking at TE37s hehe

I'm waiting on Seibon to release a carbon fiber lip kit for my car Until then, just more photos of the car as is hehehe
Old 11-21-13, 04:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i see you IntegresS...
Old 11-21-13, 08:39 PM
felixlau
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I could not get used to the look of your car at first.
But it grew n grew on me, now I think your car is one of the coolest I've seen...
Old 11-21-13, 11:42 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

How fortunate that the water did not flow anywhere remotely close to you or 3.0.

Quick Reply: Blend Out! An Actual Photoshoot