IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-14, 08:56 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

so, i picked up my car today and the service department found nothing out of the ordinary. the dealership didn't replace the battery either despite my protests.

i'm super annoyed. i'm not sure what to do other than hope that the problem doesn't replicate itself.
Old 07-16-14, 09:03 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dasbuch
How much extra would the course about the shift key have been?

(Only kidding my friend, please take in good spirited humor)
what a pedant!
Old 07-18-14, 06:53 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 3IS suddenly out of battery

I drove my 3IS this past Monday, and everything was fine. Last evening (Thursday), I wanted to drive out for dinner and discovered that I was not able to unlock my car using the key fob. I then used the key to unlock the door and found out the electronic indicators on the dashboard didn't come up. The engine couldn't be started. Luckily, my car was parked in my driveway. I called Lexus Roadside Assistance and they sent out an AAA techician to come take a look. The guy used his electronic gadgets and did his thing. He told me that the battery was drained and needed a recharge. He also checked on a few other things which I had no clue of, but he looked professional and knew what he was doing. He showed me a graph on his electronic device related to the alternator and recommended me to have Lexus to check it out. See the screenshot below. He told me to bring his note to Lexus.

So I already scheduled a service appointment with Lexus tomorrow to get this fixed. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm 100% sure that I didn't leave any electronic devices (i.e. headlights) on the last time I used my car on Monday. Did anyone have similiar experience? Is Lexus going to charge me for anything when I bring in the car tomorrow?
Attached Thumbnails 3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)-20140717_191859.jpg  
Old 07-18-14, 08:10 AM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tml?styleid=14

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-18-14 at 08:17 AM. Reason: fix link
Old 07-18-14, 09:25 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From this issue, you're the first one I saw that had a professional to write what they inspected at the time of arrival. It would be interesting to see how the dealer would respond to this. Try to not let them tell you that everything is fine and just swap out the battery because from the link above we had stories from other members doing the same thing which didn't solve the problem. This is not an easy problem to fix, so the dealers would probably try to go the easy way.
Old 07-18-14, 09:32 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
theres a person on the Lexus IS Owners Club facebook page that had the same issue and found the problem
Well finally. I know this problem would be fix, but probably not anytime soon. It seems like a complicated issue. Now it seems like I have to be afraid that my car wouldn't start when I have to go take an exam at my University. Maybe I'd have to start getting used to taking the bus again

Would it help if we take what we find on the forums to the dealers? I mentioned this to my service guy at Lexus and he said sources from many forums online is not credible. I told him it's Club Lexus yet he still tries to make an excuse and said that their technicians cannot find any problems with my car. !!!

Last edited by FinaLpeace; 07-18-14 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-18-14, 10:25 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
Well finally. I know this problem would be fix, but probably not anytime soon. It seems like a complicated issue. Now it seems like I have to be afraid that my car wouldn't start when I have to go take an exam at my University. Maybe I'd have to start getting used to taking the bus again

Would it help if we take what we find on the forums to the dealers? I mentioned this to my service guy and he said sources from many forums online is not credible. I told him it's Club Lexus yet he still tries to make an excuse and said that their technicians cannot find any problems with my car. !!!
it didn't help at all when i took the information here to the dealership the car was towed to.
Old 07-18-14, 10:29 AM
OuTLaW2g
Driver School Candidate

they wont cover that??
Old 07-18-14, 10:46 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FinaLpeace
From this issue, you're the first one I saw that had a professional to write what they inspected at the time of arrival. It would be interesting to see how the dealer would respond to this. Try to not let them tell you that everything is fine and just swap out the battery because from the link above we had stories from other members doing the same thing which didn't solve the problem. This is not an easy problem to fix, so the dealers would probably try to go the easy way.
Yes, I won't let the dealer to brush me away with saying that they will swap out the battery. I will bring this note written by the AAA tech and show to Lexus. In addition, I will print out the other thread related to the battery issue that a number of members here are experiencing. My car is only 11 months old, and I'm very fed up.
Old 07-18-14, 11:13 AM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Owned car since January, is350 and just now it wouldn't start, everything is dead. I'm going to get it started and take it to lexus I'm ready for the "wow that's highly unusual our cars never do that, this is not a known issue" speech.
Old 07-18-14, 12:02 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vairox
Owned car since January, is350 and just now it wouldn't start, everything is dead. I'm going to get it started and take it to lexus I'm ready for the "wow that's highly unusual our cars never do that, this is not a known issue" speech.
Please record lol. Just like the Comcast service cancellation haha.
Old 07-18-14, 12:10 PM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by davyjordi
it didn't help at all when i took the information here to the dealership the car was towed to.
Yea those dealers are suckers, it surprises me that they make it seem like Club Lexus is unknown and not credible enough for them.
Old 07-18-14, 03:43 PM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drbazing
Please record lol. Just like the Comcast service cancellation haha.
LOL!!!! just as I expected, couldn't recreate the issue battery is awesome two thumbs up it can single handedly destroy the earth if it wasn't encased in it's kryptonite shell. Next time I'll just have lexus roadside tow it in, surely that is far more costly than a battery.
Old 07-18-14, 05:07 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

i think this thread and the other battery thread should be merged.
Old 07-18-14, 05:08 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vairox
i was just given that speech.

Quick Reply: 3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)