IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Waiting game: waited how long till you get/got your 2014 IS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-13, 05:31 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus should build and ship the cars that have been ordered by actual buyers first. I don't understand why it should take months!
Old 10-13-13, 06:58 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
Didnt have to wait. The dealer had 4 in stock the day they came out 7/1/13 and I took one of their hands.
You took one of their hands? That has to hurt. How are they going to write up future orders. J/K

My dealership is now listing 5 IS350 F Sports in their inventory, so I am contacting them to see when they are arriving as I suspect they are not all their yet.
Old 10-13-13, 07:42 PM
WWM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
He is getting a dealer allotment in this case. That is what I am getting.
Correct. Not sure of the specifics, but it was scheduled to be built and allotted to the dealer. They probably gave me first dibs because they knew I was interested and had a lucrative trade-in.
Old 10-14-13, 02:41 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Lexus should build and ship the cars that have been ordered by actual buyers first. I don't understand why it should take months!
Dealer lots would be missing certain cars if you did it this way kinda like a made to order service. Plus factories would be sitting idle waiting for cars to be ordered. I do get what you are saying though. It's early in the model year Lexus will ramp up production if demand continues for the new IS. So far it seems the demand is not going down. The two Lexus dealers near me still only have 1 IS F-sport at each dealer for now.
Old 10-14-13, 10:58 AM
AMalick
Rookie

Originally Posted by WWM
Is the truck yours or did the dealer loan it out? One of my conditions for trading in early was to get a reasonable rental until my car arrives.
Nah, the truck is mine. I have 3 vehicles (excl the one I sold yesterday) as well as a motorbike and the dealer knows this. So pushing him for a loaner would have been a bit much. In fact I never traded in the vehicle in to the dealer i'm buying the lexus through. I sold it out of hand because the price was right even though it was two months too early.
Old 10-14-13, 11:16 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Got my f sport white red interior june 15th took delivery
Old 10-14-13, 04:43 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
Dealer lots would be missing certain cars if you did it this way kinda like a made to order service. Plus factories would be sitting idle waiting for cars to be ordered. I do get what you are saying though. It's early in the model year Lexus will ramp up production if demand continues for the new IS. So far it seems the demand is not going down. The two Lexus dealers near me still only have 1 IS F-sport at each dealer for now.
I'm talking about factory just building the customer purchased cars ahead of dealer allotment ones which may not even be sold for months. They can move on to other builds as they complete the customer orders so no one has to sit idle.

Also it would be helpful to have a more precise status of your order and estimated build, ship and delivery dates. Currently it's a big black box with no clue of what/when is happening.
Old 10-15-13, 02:19 AM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I waited 3 months for mine
Old 10-15-13, 06:50 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

when mine arrives it will have been almost exactly 3 months.
Old 10-15-13, 07:33 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

My dealer is listing 7 350 F-sports and 20 250 F-sports. Out of all of those they have ONE 250 F-sport in stock. haha
Old 10-23-13, 12:25 PM
RangerTom
Driver School Candidate

Default My order

I ordered my 2014 IS350 F Sport on 23 July, order submitted in Aug for a 21 October production. Production locked date 17 October. Listed production date: 10/24/2013, Available for shipment (CBU) 10/25/2013, Vessel Departure (CBU) 10/29/2013 and Vessel Arrival (cbu) 11/24/2013. As noted in other posts, it looks like ordering before the 20th of each month is key. Not sure about you guys but it's like pulling teeth to get any info from the dealer. You would think this was their first rodeo.....
Old 10-23-13, 12:41 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RangerTom
I ordered my 2014 IS350 F Sport on 23 July, order submitted in Aug for a 21 October production. Production locked date 17 October. Listed production date: 10/24/2013, Available for shipment (CBU) 10/25/2013, Vessel Departure (CBU) 10/29/2013 and Vessel Arrival (cbu) 11/24/2013. As noted in other posts, it looks like ordering before the 20th of each month is key. Not sure about you guys but it's like pulling teeth to get any info from the dealer. You would think this was their first rodeo.....
Be patient as information from Lexus to the dealers is not very good. I have dealt with this for 5 months now in a wait for my car. I did not receive any information other than the order being confirmed for about 3 months. I am just now receiving information that the car is in Port.
Old 10-23-13, 02:09 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
Be patient as information from Lexus to the dealers is not very good. I have dealt with this for 5 months now in a wait for my car. I did not receive any information other than the order being confirmed for about 3 months. I am just now receiving information that the car is in Port.
What I can't get is how are some of you getting so much data on yours cars? Whereas many of us get next to nothing. I do understand that we have some Toyota/Lexus employees, alliance, or strategic partners as members. RangerTom, where are you getting so much info? My salesman/dealership is keeping the info close to the vest. If they have any info at all. You would think I was looking at jacking the car!
Old 10-23-13, 02:58 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

If you special ordered your car they can give more detailed tracking. But if you put a deposit on a dealer allotment they have not received yet they have limited tracking of the car. In my case I got a dealer allotment. They gave me a build date , ship date and ship name. I was able to track the ship into port. Now the only other thing the dealer can give me is an ETA when it will arrive at the dealer.
Old 10-23-13, 03:00 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RangerTom
Yeah, RangerTom, you are getting about as much information as they give. I ordered my IS3350 on August 13th, catching the August 20th submission for an October 21st production, like you. My salesman called me Monday to say actual production is tomorrow, 10/24, again llike you. Looks like our cars will probably be on the same ship, as my delivery will be in the Northeast.

My sales guy says he will call again when the car is ready to ship with the rest of the details, including the vessal name. This way I can track the progress (obsessive, I know) as my car is in transit. Other threads on this forum discuss how to do that.

Quick Reply: Waiting game: waited how long till you get/got your 2014 IS?