Print Wikipost

Homelink programming issue 2014 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-13, 11:40 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink programming issue 2014 IS350

Just drove my new IS 350 F Sport home today. In the near future I'll post a comparison between a '14 328is with the M suspension package, which I drove for a day before settling on my new Lexus, and my F-Sport (you probably know that the F-Sport has much better steering).

For now, I've been frustrated trying to program my homelink with my rolling code garage door opener. It took me all of a minute to program two other vehicles, but the Lexus is problematic. Followed the manual's instructions, but nothing happened.

The instructions say that I need to press the button on the opener console, and then press the homelink button on the car for two seconds then repeat. Tried that and a dozen variations, and nothing worked.

Anybody with a '14 IS have better luck? Again, my opener is the rolling code type. BTW, couldn't find anything in search that addressed my specific problem.

TIA
Old 10-13-13, 12:14 AM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did mine today. Not sure what type of garage opener I have but I had to press the "learn button" on the garage door opener.

Took me about 2 minutes.
Old 10-13-13, 01:39 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbx
I just did mine today. Not sure what type of garage opener I have but I had to press the "learn button" on the garage door opener.

Took me about 2 minutes.
VBX, after you pressed the learn button on your opener, what did you do on the car to learn the code? That's the part that hasn't worked for me.
Old 10-13-13, 01:52 AM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
VBX, after you pressed the learn button on your opener, what did you do on the car to learn the code? That's the part that hasn't worked for me.
I ran back to the car and pressed the homelink button until it blinked.

I followed this youtube video actually. Worked in first try.

Old 10-13-13, 10:36 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I give these instructions to our salespersons to pass onto their guests

How to set up Homelink

Non Rolling Code Garage Doors:
1. Park the car in the driveway.
2. Hold your garage door remote 4 inches from the Homelink button you want to program.
3. Press and hold both the garage door remote and the Homelink button until the red light rapidly flashes then release both buttons.
4. Test your newly programed Homelink button to ensure it opens the garage door. If door opens congrats! If not proceed to step 5.
5. Wipe out your Homelink system to start clean slate. Hold the first and third Homelink buttons until the red light rapidly flashes.
6. Hold your garage door remote 4 inches from the Homelink button and press and hold. While holding the Homelink button, press and release the garage door remote in full one second intervals until the garage door opens or closes depending on whether the garage door were already opened or closed.

Rolling Code Garage Doors:
1. Park the car in the driveway
2. Hold your garage door remote 4 inches from the Homelink button you want to program.
3. Press and hold both the garage door remote and the Homelink button until the red light rapidly flashes then release both buttons.
4. Grab a step stool or ladder and locate the trainer/testing button on the garage door motor (the unit on the ceiling). Press this button once. You have 30 seconds to get back to the car
5. On the Homelink button you programmed earlier, press and release, press and release and press and hold on the third time. (For each press and release, do so for full one second intervals).
6. The light on the garage door motor should go off/on and then immediately open or close the garage door depending on whether the garage door were already opened or closed.
7. Congrats, you Homelink should now be set. If the Homelink button does not open/close the garage. Press the tester/training button once more on the garage door motor and “Press and Release” the Homelink button until the garage door opens or closes.
Old 10-13-13, 01:37 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbx
I ran back to the car and pressed the homelink button until it blinked.

I followed this youtube video actually. Worked in first try.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NwmkxbgrtPI
VBX and Hoovey--very appreciative for the advice and the instructions---works great now. Thanks guys.
Old 10-13-13, 04:17 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
VBX and Hoovey--very appreciative for the advice and the instructions---works great now. Thanks guys.
You're welcome, happy motoring
Old 02-05-15, 09:07 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I give these instructions to our salespersons to pass onto their guests

How to set up Homelink

Non Rolling Code Garage Doors:
1. Park the car in the driveway.
4. Test your newly programed Homelink button to ensure it opens the garage door. If door opens congrats! If not proceed to step 5.
5. Wipe out your Homelink system to start clean slate. Hold the first and third Homelink buttons until the red light rapidly flashes.
6. Hold your garage door remote 4 inches from the Homelink button and press and hold. While holding the Homelink button, press and release the garage door remote in full one second intervals until the garage door opens or closes depending on whether the garage door were already opened or closed.

Rolling Code Garage Doors:
1. Park the car in the driveway
4. Grab a step stool or ladder and locate the trainer/testing button on the garage door motor (the unit on the ceiling). Press this button once. You have 30 seconds to get back to the car
5. On the Homelink button you programmed earlier, press and release, press and release and press and hold on the third time. (For each press and release, do so for full one second intervals).
6. The light on the garage door motor should go off/on and then immediately open or close the garage door depending on whether the garage door were already opened or closed.
7. Congrats, you Homelink should now be set. If the Homelink button does not open/close the garage. Press the tester/training button once more on the garage door motor and “Press and Release” the Homelink button until the garage door opens or closes.
Worked on the first try! Thank you!
Old 02-05-15, 09:30 AM
simon3huna
Rookie

hey, i had a similar problem with my garage opener when i got my car too. i fixed it by changing the brand of the remote for the garage opener.
seemed like Lexus didn't work with the brand i had. ones i changed the it, its paired with the garage door in 2min.

hopefully you have it fixed by now though

simon
Old 02-05-15, 11:44 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by mcolommena
Worked on the first try! Thank you!
Excellent!
Old 02-05-15, 11:54 AM
AZLexTech
Rookie

Don't forget guys, when in doubt, call homelink. 1-800-355-3515 They're actually extremely helpful.
Old 02-07-15, 05:34 AM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Great info.