IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Growing Impatient . . . anyone cancel?

Old 10-09-13, 12:48 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
Looks like I am going to be creeping into A December to Remember!

Well, with a little luck that may not be so bad. Let's say Lexus offers $1,000 cash back as part of the December to Remember event. If you take delivery of your car during the qualification period of the event, you would receive the incentive.
Old 10-09-13, 12:54 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Well, with a little luck that may not be so bad. Let's say Lexus offers $1,000 cash back as part of the December to Remember event. If you take delivery of your car during the qualification period of the event, you would receive the incentive.
Excellent point. Believe me, I was thinking along those lines. I was also thinking about the gov't shutdown and the fear of higher interest rates in the near future. But in all reality, it is what it is. All of that is out of my control.
Old 10-09-13, 03:13 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by moose66
Excellent point. Believe me, I was thinking along those lines. I was also thinking about the gov't shutdown and the fear of higher interest rates in the near future. But in all reality, it is what it is. All of that is out of my control.

...but what is certain is that before the year is out you will be teh proud owner of and IS!
Old 10-09-13, 05:23 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
Do not feel bad. My dealer was given little to no information as well and I ordered back in May. In fact, other than the order being confirmed on May 20th, there was no information from Lexus until my car was built and it landed into my dealer's allocation. I had to give a 5K non refundable deposit for mine being that it is a RWD model in a region where basically AWD are the model of choice.
5K non refundable deposit!? They may make more money by delaying the car for long time and having you cancel!

I also bought RWD in where they only seem to get AWD and they asked for $2k deposit. Mine was fully optioned out RWD and general manager at the dealership told me it would take 2-3 months.

Last edited by SonyHome; 10-09-13 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 04:03 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
5K non refundable deposit!? They may make more money by delaying the car for long time and having you cancel!

I also bought RWD in where they only seem to get AWD and they asked for $2k deposit. Mine was fully optioned out RWD and general manager at the dealership told me it would take 2-3 months.
I gave the deposit knowing full well that I would not cancel. Mine is fully optioned as well including the Radar Cruise and Rear Sunshade.
Old 10-11-13, 10:32 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like I'm the only one who bought a 3IS that was already at the dealership. The only feature I'm missing from my wish list is ML, but I'm quite happy with the stock system
Old 10-12-13, 12:07 AM
DJP31
Driver School Candidate

Red face

Originally Posted by eyeball
I feel like I'm the only one who bought a 3IS that was already at the dealership. The only feature I'm missing from my wish list is ML, but I'm quite happy with the stock system
You're not alone, mine was the showroom model and the only missing feature was ML. As I had that on my IS250 and didn't use it to its full capacity I figured I wasn't shooting myself in the foot.

Funnily enough I'm about to drive to my local Audi dealer where my daughter is picking up her first brand new car, an A1 Sports. It's the showroom model with a couple of extra features on it. We are doing our bit for the UK economy!

I waited for 2 weeks to pick mine up due to the 6 monthly plate change we have here, and that was bad enough, not sure I would cope with months 😳
Old 10-12-13, 12:48 AM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome

5K and 2K are a lot, my dealer only asked for $500, which is a lot more reasonable. Maybe they're worried about flakers. The dealership I went to is the largest in the Bay Area/NorCal. I got extremely lucky, my friends were at Lexus to test drive the 3IS for fun, texted me to come by, and 45 minutes later I made my deposit for one of two UW/Rioja Red IS350 with ML in the Bay Area.

It was on route to port when I made my deposit, three weeks later it arrived, picked it up August 1st with 9 miles.
Old 10-12-13, 02:47 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

My deposit was 1K.
Old 10-12-13, 06:28 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
5K and 2K are a lot, my dealer only asked for $500, which is a lot more reasonable. Maybe they're worried about flakers. The dealership I went to is the largest in the Bay Area/NorCal. I got extremely lucky, my friends were at Lexus to test drive the 3IS for fun, texted me to come by, and 45 minutes later I made my deposit for one of two UW/Rioja Red IS350 with ML in the Bay Area.

It was on route to port when I made my deposit, three weeks later it arrived, picked it up August 1st with 9 miles.
That explains the small deposit. The car was already on a ship and it did not matter if you cancelled as the car was coming anyway. My car was ordered by my dealership just for me. They would have never brought one with my configuration in ever.
Old 10-12-13, 07:14 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
That explains the small deposit. The car was already on a ship and it did not matter if you cancelled as the car was coming anyway. My car was ordered by my dealership just for me. They would have never brought one with my configuration in ever.
Local dealer said the same thing. Since it's RWD it'll be hard to sell if I back out. I have no thought of back out, just want to speed it up!